Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Un-Fusion

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Pages: [1]

"Un-Fusion", 9 days ago, 11:15 PM #1
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
So, my Fusion5 Android Tablet was running out of Storage/Memory and so, files, cache, apps ad history was necessary. But the running out of space message kept popping up and Factory Reset seemed to be the only option.

So, after backing up everything that was most wanted/needed, it was Factory Reset. The last thing it showed was a ERASING message and went off... But, it never came back on that night, morning, afternoon, or this evening...

Mother suggested using it's Warranty to get it repaired, but this sometimes erase stuff

Sending it in, or getting it replaced isn't the option that immediately seems viable at this moment, as one would be away from the Android for a significant mount of time as compared to fixing it here...

What does one do when their Android want come on? Especially after a Factory Reset... Is there something one can do to fix it, or does it need to be sent in?

UBERNATURA
(Sorry, I haven't programmed for a long time...)
"Isn't Factory Reset = Erase Everything?", 8 days ago, 12:28 PM #2
xwindows
ascii man
Registration date: 23rd Dec 2014
CrosEL:So, my Fusion5 Android Tablet was running out of Storage/Memory and so, files, cache, apps ad history was necessary.

"so, files, cache, apps ad history was (...) necessary"

Slightly off topic: I'm curious, what is the (...) part obviously missed from your original post? What exactly you did to your "files, cache, apps ad history" that happened not to fix your lack of space?

CrosEL:So, after backing up everything that was most wanted/needed, it was Factory Reset. The last thing it showed was a ERASING message and went off...

Don't quote me on this, but if I understood this correctly... isn't your so-called "Factory Reset" an equivalent to "Wipe Device" function that erases all data on the device, save for the system firmware? (Basically it re-formats the user data partition(s), then re-starts the device; I have used this function few times before, when returning loaned Samsung Galaxy Android tablets)

It should restart the tablet automatically. But if it didn't, does the tablet refuse to power on (by a use of its power button) at all?

CrosEL:Mother suggested using it's Warranty to get it repaired, but this sometimes erase stuff

If I was correct in the previous point, it would not make any difference: your data on the tablet was likely to be erased (or half-erased) already. (Which is exactly the purpose of this "Erasing..."/"Wiping..." screen)

If the tablet refused to power up at all, there's not much thing you can do; save for sending it to warranty center (for replacement) or technician (for repair).

If it does power up but froze halfway before reaching the welcome/home screen, maybe booting into recovery mode and re-flashing the firmware helps?

P.S.
CrosEL:The Windows tablet didn't lose personal stuff and it was reset ALOT of times...

Maybe this and that reset does not mean the same thing; consult your manual. Note that a button labeled "RESET" on a desktop computer (if it has one) does not remove your data either. My old Windows Mobile phone did have a "RESET" button under its back cover, and it works like the one on desktop computer (does not remove data).
8 days ago, 3:52 PM #3
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
xwindows:"so, files, cache, apps ad history was (...) necessary"

Sorry about that: this was typed on a Wii U and somebody UNPLUGGED it while it was being typed, so a few words were skipped/forgotten.. It was suppose to say "so, erasing files, cache, apps, and history was necessary"...

Slightly off topic: I'm curious, what is the (...) part obviously missed from your original post? What exactly you did to your "files, cache, apps ad history" that happened not to fix your lack of space?

As was said, stuff happened

Don't quote me on this, but if I understood this correctly... isn't your so-called "Factory Reset" an equivalent to "Wipe Device" function that erases all data on the device, save for the system firmware? (Basically it re-formats the user data partition(s), then re-starts the device; I have used this function few times before, when returning loaned Samsung Galaxy Android tablets)

Yes, it does murder everything: and by backing-up means files were uploaded to 4shared, to redownload later...

It should restart the tablet automatically. But if it didn't, does the tablet refuse to power on (by a use of its power button) at all?
If I was correct in the previous point, it would not make any difference: your data on the tablet was likely to be erased (or half-erased) already. (Which is exactly the purpose of this "Erasing..."/"Wiping..." screen)

The tablet refused to come back on: after waiting for a good...5 minutes, nothing happened. So... it was charged the next day THEN powering up was attempted again, still nothing :( And... the erasing screen WAS strange: Whoever does a factory reset KNOWS stuff's being erased... so...

If the tablet refused to power up at all, there's not much thing you can do; save for sending it to warranty center (for replacement) or technician (for repair).

If it does power up but froze halfway before reaching the welcome/home screen, maybe booting into recovery mode and re-flashing the firmware helps?

P.S.

Maybe this and that reset does not mean the same thing; consult your manual. Note that a button labeled "RESET" on a desktop computer (if it has one) does not remove your data either. My old Windows Mobile phone did have a "RESET" button under its back cover, and it works like the one on desktop computer (does not remove data).

It might has to be sent in... the Factory Reset command was in the system settings.. Hopefully the links you shared helps and it never has to be sent for repairs, thanks...

UBERNATURA
(Sorry, I haven't programmed for a long time...)
Pages: [1]