Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Would you like a critique?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Critique > Would you like a critique?
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

"Would you like a critique?", 8th Apr 2019, 5:04 PM #1
Xerocorpse Boomer

Registration date: 6th May 2017
Big comic buff here, love reading new and interesting stories. But I will not sugarcoat flaws and errors, on the same hand, I will point out interesting key points and positive highlights as well. I've noticed a few critics only give the bad, and I don't find that fair. But if it's bad in some parts I will point said parts out. Just lemme know and I'll give yours a constructive read!
8th Apr 2019, 6:19 PM #2
Paulie Blade

Registration date: 2nd Apr 2018
I wouldn't mind!
The Frolic
8th Apr 2019, 6:21 PM #3
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
Yes please! I’m aware of a lot of the bad stuff at the beginning by now but critiques are usually helpful anyways

Link in signature
8th Apr 2019, 8:07 PM #4
BeeMKay

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2017
Feel free... Demon Division's link is in my signature.
8th Apr 2019, 8:10 PM #5
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Hmm. Ok. I like your style so you can critique my main comic of Jekyll and Hyde.
8th Apr 2019, 8:22 PM #6
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
Can I join in?
RE:Eclipse need some new advices.
I would be honored if you will read that!
"PAULIE BLADE'S "THE FROLIC"", 8th Apr 2019, 8:25 PM #7
Xerocorpse Boomer

Hello everyone, Xerocorpse Boomer here, and I have just finished with Paulie Blade's "The Frolic".
First off, for those of you who enjoy crime stories focused around police and murder detectives solving mysteries I highly suggest this comic to you. It has that dark element you would feel from watching movies like "Seven" while defining itself as it's own identity entirely.
The colors he uses truly set the tone, not only in background and foreground, but certain inner monologues as well. Manipulating colors in such a way puts you in the head-space of the character to where you feel what they are going through. Sometimes, even without reading the dialogue you can see the bursts of color to identify the anger or the melancholy to set the mood beforehand.
The characters at certain points can seem over the top, but this is a comic and everything is suppose to jump off the page. It can be slightly difficult to understand certain characters when they have accents, but I'm honestly nit picking right there because they all still can be very relate-able in their own ways. I have to admit (without giving anything away) one character I thought was a riot with how off the wall fucking insane she was!
Overall, I would say this comic is a very interesting read. It grabs your attention and shakes you awake with how detailed the story gets as you read along. Even if crime/mystery isn't your cup of tea, I would still give it a chance because it is so good :)
The characters are strong, the story yet dark can be comedic at times which gives a good balance between the two. So if it's a rainy day and you want a comic to give you a little shock, Paulie Blade's "THE FROLIC" will certainly give you a "BANG!"

Merged Doublepost:

I will definitely be doing these one by one, it may take time (I work 6 days a week as at a dog daycare/hotel) but I want to give everyone a fair read and not rush anything so I can be as detailed as possible. Have a great day!
MY CRITIQUE LIST IN ORDER
1 THE FROLIC
2 SUNSTRIKE AND BLUEMIST: AN ORIGIN STORY
3 DEMON DIVISION
4 DR.JEKYLL & MR. HYDE (THE ADVENTUROUS RETELLING)
5 ECLIPSE

Merged Doublepost:

Hiya again! I'm back, just finishing ShaRose49's "Sunstrike and Bluemist: An Origin Story" and what a story it is!
This is a superhero-styled governmental culmination that truly sets a very good pace in story-telling. The characters of the story (or should I say "stories" that merge beautifully together) accent and compliment each other perfectly through their choices and dialog. She really hones in on their personalities so that each one is more than one dimension-ed. As well as that, you really feel for the internal struggles that they are going through at that time, and you want them to succeed at the challenges they face, whether it comes to home problems, outside influences, or even work and protocol.
The beginning does come off as rushed and choppy, but that pales in comparison to how it transforms itself as you read along. You are hit with an intensity; not just in the story or dialog, but a vibrant beautiful scene. The single panel art she creates leaps off the page at you by use of perspective and angle, mixed with color and emotion.
Also, there are fun little side Q and A's mixed in that I find ingenious. It keeps you interested while giving you more information about each character without it seeming forced or too much.

This comic is one of those hidden gems you didn't know you needed until you got it. I would highly suggest this story to anyone who is looking for something different and entertaining. If you feel like you don't fit into society this may be just the series for you!
8th Apr 2019, 10:20 PM #8
ShaRose49

I think I’m gonna cry!! Thank you! These are some of the most encouraging and inspiring words I’ve heard in awhile, it freaking made my day.

Looking forward to reading your other reviews!
8th Apr 2019, 10:29 PM #9
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
This comic is one of those hidden gems you didn't know you needed until you got it. +++ I AGREE WITH THAT!
8th Apr 2019, 11:24 PM #10
Xerocorpse Boomer

ShaRose49:I think I’m gonna cry!! Thank you! These are some of the most encouraging and inspiring words I’ve heard in awhile, it freaking made my day.

Looking forward to reading your other reviews!

It was my pleasure, you definitely have a fan here, and I would be honored to do a review on Youtube when you are all finished!
"Hello", 8th Apr 2019, 11:33 PM #11
MSPain

Registration date: 31st Mar 2019
Hello, I was wondering if you would be interested in critiquing my comic, MSPain (the first one in my signature.) It's not exactly a "normal" webcomic, but I feel you may get as much enjoyment out of reading it as I did making it. If you do, remember: the strip is read left to right, and each panel is read top to bottom. Thanks in advance, a critique is always nice!

Image machine broke, so here's the link
mspain.thecomicstrip.org

"BEEMKAY'S "DEMON DEVISION"", 8th Apr 2019, 11:40 PM #12
Xerocorpse Boomer

SO I am ending the day with BEEMKAY'S "DEMON DIVISION".

At first glance, you automatically see that this is a different kind of comic series. Everything is beautifully animated to almost look like you are looking at a photograph instead of a digital rendering. That being said, some facial expressions can look a little goofy and the action sequences are a tiny bit stiff, but the story is compelling and strong! This is a comic that knows what it wants to convey and does so quite nicely.

Without giving anything away (I hate it when that happens!) the story takes a simple idea and creates a unique and interesting world around it. There are multiple characters in this story, But the main protagonists and antagonists stand out through internal struggles and accomplishments, they keep your attention and are pretty relate-able. It almost feels like a whole different world your falling into while you are reading.

They deal with polarizing situations such as death, being relocated around and not having a home, to being forced to have no rights under authority, and of course...magic.

This one may come off as visually different, and some might say an acquired taste, but the premise is solid and it is worth it to delve into to discover for yourself!
9th Apr 2019, 12:56 AM #13
ShaRose49

Xerocorpse Boomer:It was my pleasure, you definitely have a fan here, and I would be honored to do a review on Youtube when you are all finished!

I’m totally down for that! I’d be honoured as well
9th Apr 2019, 2:31 AM #14
ImNowBoared

Registration date: 1st Jul 2013
Are crits still available?
I wouldn't mind getting an insight of my current comic, the moon's lost boy.

It's still in its early pages, and it hasn't updated for a long while, but I would love all the help I'd need.
9th Apr 2019, 2:39 AM #15
Xerocorpse Boomer

Hey there I am making a list Ill add yours.
9th Apr 2019, 2:53 AM #16
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
Sure, I'll toss my ring into the hat. Please to review and critique "The Wide Ocean"?

But things I know about: Art evolution. Thoughts about later art would be more appreciated. Pacing: Also know about it. Recommendations welcome.

"ring into the hat"?
9th Apr 2019, 5:48 AM #17
BeeMKay

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2017
Xerocorpse Boomer:SO I am ending the day with BEEMKAY'S "DEMON DIVISION".

At first glance, you automatically see that this is a different kind of comic series. Everything is beautifully animated to almost look like you are looking at a photograph instead of a digital rendering. That being said, some facial expressions can look a little goofy and the action sequences are a tiny bit stiff, but the story is compelling and strong! This is a comic that knows what it wants to convey and does so quite nicely.

Without giving anything away (I hate it when that happens!) the story takes a simple idea and creates a unique and interesting world around it. There are multiple characters in this story, But the main protagonists and antagonists stand out through internal struggles and accomplishments, they keep your attention and are pretty relate-able. It almost feels like a whole different world your falling into while you are reading.

They deal with polarizing situations such as death, being relocated around and not having a home, to being forced to have no rights under authority, and of course...magic.

This one may come off as visually different, and some might say an acquired taste, but the premise is solid and it is worth it to delve into to discover for yourself!

Wow, thank you! That was an extremly encouraging review, and made me really happy! :-) <3
9th Apr 2019, 6:30 AM #18
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
Xerocorpse Boomer:Big comic buff here, love reading new and interesting stories. But I will not sugarcoat flaws and errors, on the same hand, I will point out interesting key points and positive highlights as well. I've noticed a few critics only give the bad, and I don't find that fair. But if it's bad in some parts I will point said parts out. Just lemme know and I'll give yours a constructive read!

I could use as much input as can be offered. I actually edited my comic Tsokaka according to some input people offered, care to review?
9th Apr 2019, 7:06 AM #19
Dyohna

Registration date: 20th Feb 2015
I'd like a critique for Cafe on Crepe Island too please!
9th Apr 2019, 7:58 AM #20
Paulie Blade

Registration date: 2nd Apr 2018
Xerocorpse Boomer:Hello everyone, Xerocorpse Boomer here, and I have just finished with Paulie Blade's "The Frolic".
First off, for those of you who enjoy crime stories focused around police and murder detectives solving mysteries I highly suggest this comic to you. It has that dark element you would feel from watching movies like "Seven" while defining itself as it's own identity entirely.
The colors he uses truly set the tone, not only in background and foreground, but certain inner monologues as well. Manipulating colors in such a way puts you in the head-space of the character to where you feel what they are going through. Sometimes, even without reading the dialogue you can see the bursts of color to identify the anger or the melancholy to set the mood beforehand.
The characters at certain points can seem over the top, but this is a comic and everything is suppose to jump off the page. It can be slightly difficult to understand certain characters when they have accents, but I'm honestly nit picking right there because they all still can be very relate-able in their own ways. I have to admit (without giving anything away) one character I thought was a riot with how off the wall fucking insane she was!
Overall, I would say this comic is a very interesting read. It grabs your attention and shakes you awake with how detailed the story gets as you read along. Even if crime/mystery isn't your cup of tea, I would still give it a chance because it is so good :)
The characters are strong, the story yet dark can be comedic at times which gives a good balance between the two. So if it's a rainy day and you want a comic to give you a little shock, Paulie Blade's "THE FROLIC" will certainly give you a "BANG!"

Thanks for the critique, as well as the sub! Regarding some characters feeling over the top, you are right, jumping off the page is exactly what I am going for - I mean even in real life when I see someone extraordinary, I may happen to say "such a comic book character" - in my opinion that's the beauty of the medium. And yes, I happen to intentionally mix the dark with the funny/absurd, I think it's healthy for the pace of the story.

Once again, thanks and I hope you'll keep reading, updates every Wednesday!