Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Scheduled posts not working?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > Scheduled posts not working?
Pages: [1]

"Scheduled posts not working?", 13 days ago, 8:33 PM #1
AgentFink
Dresses like an Agent, produces like a Manager
Registration date: 26th Jan 2017
The past two weeks, my auto-posting hasn't been working.

I'm on PST.

I tried posting pages at 9am PST and was awake to see that it did not post.
So I deleted the post, and manually posted it.

This past week, I had everything rescheduled for midnight (PST April 9th), and was awake to see if it posted. But, it did not.

When I manually posted it -- for right then-- the time posted as a hour *behind* PST (so posted Monday night) instead of the correct time on Tuesday.

So I am not sure what is happening. I am going to see if it repeats next Tuesday-- but has anyone else had schedule/timing issues like this?

Should I delete all scheduled posts, and try again for midnight?
13 days ago, 8:35 PM #2
kzuich

Registration date: 31st Jan 2018
Seems like I’m having issues with it, too. As far as I can tell, the page posted, byt my profile isn’t showing the last update as today, nor is my comic showing up in the updated list =\
12 days ago, 11:17 PM #3
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
AgentFink:
So I am not sure what is happening. I am going to see if it repeats next Tuesday-- but has anyone else had schedule/timing issues like this?

Should I delete all scheduled posts, and try again for midnight?

I think this may be because of DST - check your webcomic time zone. Unfortunately the site currently completely ignores DST, causing problems like this when it switches. It's on my to-fix list, but what likely happened is that your webcomic time zone is now off by an hour

kzuich:Seems like I’m having issues with it, too. As far as I can tell, the page posted, byt my profile isn’t showing the last update as today, nor is my comic showing up in the updated list =\

this usually happens when you reschedule a comic that had already been released before to be released at a future point in time - to prevent people from being able to continuously reschedule comics to stay on the frontpage forever, any comic you upload will only be able to trigger putting your webcomic on the front page once. If this happens to you accidentally, it's better to just delete the page and re-upload it
9 days ago, 5:18 PM #4
kzuich

Registration date: 31st Jan 2018
Kyo:
this usually happens when you reschedule a comic that had already been released before to be released at a future point in time - to prevent people from being able to continuously reschedule comics to stay on the frontpage forever, any comic you upload will only be able to trigger putting your webcomic on the front page once. If this happens to you accidentally, it's better to just delete the page and re-upload it

Oh okay, that makes sense!
I think I was confused because the timezones were mismatched, so I'll make sure to update my release times before my comic is scheduled to release! Thank you for the help!
8 days ago, 5:53 PM #5
AgentFink
Double checked to see if my timezone was mixed up, but my comicfury time zone appears correct.

Last night I rescheduled my page to post an hour behind my time zone and it did post on time.
So that's good, I think? I'll double check again to see if there is something wrong on my end, but for now, at least I know when it'll post.
8 days ago, 8:35 PM #6
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
did you check your account time zone or your webcomic time zone? they're not necessarily the same (to allow for multi author webcomics), one lives in your account settings, the other in your webcomic settings. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my response
5 days ago, 10:10 PM #7
AgentFink
That fixed it Kyo, thank you!

had no idea there were two time zone settings!
Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > Scheduled posts not working?
Pages: [1]