Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Critique or Review?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Critique or Review?
Pages: [1]

"Critique or Review?", 9 days ago, 5:38 PM #1
Xerocorpse Boomer

Registration date: 6th May 2017
Soooo ppl have been asking me to do reviews over critiques for a while bow, and I wanted to know what you guys think? The problem I'm having with this is that artists have been letting me review half created stories (and you can't give the story justice with it only half way written).
9 days ago, 8:28 PM #2
Leafa
noticed 🐈
Registration date: 22nd Sep 2009
I think it's important to be precise about which you are doing, a critique or a review.

To me a critique is something designed for the creator to help let them know what they are doing well and not so well

A review is something for readers to let them know if they should read something.

(Other people might disagree on these definitions!)
9 days ago, 9:25 PM #3
Xerocorpse Boomer

That makes sense, I've always thought of reviews as something for completed works while critiques were for works in the making :)
9 days ago, 9:37 PM #4
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
if you want I can send you 7 chapters (and online you got only 4 now) so I don't see any problem, but to review something which have just few pages is hard... I wouldn't do that till they won't have at least 3 chapters.
9 days ago, 10:02 PM #5
Xerocorpse Boomer

That would be amazing! I really like your work :) traditionally I review comics, and critiques are hard for me because I always find something to lioke about whatever I read; and I like leaving it on a positive note :)
9 days ago, 10:10 PM #6
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
That is true, people need also some critique, but when someone (like me) tries really hard and get note that everything they made suck, people start to stop doing comics. I got many, maaany things like that and in one point it stoped me of doing anything... So I'm happy that you found something positive in my story, specially because of last critique I re-drawn whole story (well, from ch.3), so it was nice to see that it changed for better :)
So next time, just when you will ask who wants rewiew or critique just tell them that minimum 2-3 chapters full. Or if they don't have it all online (like me) ask if they can send you additional chapters :>
9 days ago, 10:55 PM #7
Xerocorpse Boomer

Great advice!