Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Mer-May (or anything mer)

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Mer-May (or anything mer)
Pages: [1]

"Mer-May (or anything mer)", 12 days ago, 2:35 AM #1
Jessie Blue
rivaling gator
Registration date: 9th Feb 2015
I'm not doing the prompts or trying to win anything, but I did want to work on some mermaidly type things anyway (I'm in a monster creating mood right now). I'd love to see anyone else's merspirations, they don't have to be related to the prompts in any way.

Here is an orca mermaid to go in a fantasy world I'm working on. The sea goddess is named Marae so the orca types are called Maraekin.

(spoilered for dangerous whale-girl titty)
12 days ago, 5:14 AM #2
Kelsey -Nutty- P.
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Registration date: 5th Oct 2017
Aaaaaa she's very pretty!

I posted mine already in the other thread, but yeah, I'll post them again and talk about it!!

I didn't follow any prompts, I just drew my main characters as different species of fish folk. I ran it by my Discord chat and they helped me figure out each one. It was a lot of fun!

Merlow: Ribbon eel
Nocturne: Axolotl
Diana: Pufferfish
Sven: Lobster
Feliks: Clown fish
12 days ago, 5:31 PM #3
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
^Those are so super cute! I really like the orca mermaid idea, and the lobster tail is hilarious! But great looking! So cool :D

I was watching Drawing with Waffles (wiff?) and got inspired to draw a mermaid.

But she looks like the creature from the black lagoon cause I messed up my color scheme XD My scanner also made this look...neon o_O
I need a better lighting set-up.

imageimage

12 days ago, 5:41 PM #4
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Here is mine. It's Jekyll, Hyde and Louis. They are no specific fish or marine creature. It's all imaginary.

12 days ago, 7:15 PM #5
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
There's already a mermaid in Beyond, so I drew Jehan and Genevieve from Silk and Sword. Genevieve's design suits being a mermaid really well.

11 days ago, 12:30 PM #6
argylefox

Registration date: 11th Jul 2014
I hope people get the reference.

10 days ago, 1:56 AM #7
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
I had an image in my head of Wilkins as a blobfish so... I had to draw this. -w-

10 days ago, 2:24 AM #8
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I ain't spendin' a month drawing mermaids, but I did draw a siren to attempt to get the body type down.

SPOILERED for Barbie-Doll Nudity
10 days ago, 3:41 AM #9
DaniBoy

Registration date: 25th Mar 2017
Aah, it's always fun seeing everyone's versions of merfolk! They're so imaginative!

I never have time to do any of those special daily challenges, but I did attempt to draw a mer versions of my webcomic characters for Mer-May 2017.

Keyword: Attempt
8 days ago, 1:24 PM #10
Dodom
iiIIEEEHHEEEIIMM eeeeaaauuu hhYYYAaaaa
Registration date: 6th Sep 2009
I'm on "did a drawing but didn't care about the prompts" team. I made this pretty girl yesterday:

Don't let the harpoon deter you, she only hunts fish. She's a friendly girl and enjoys hugs.

It's more usual to signal mermaids' feminity with pretty faces and breasts, but it didn't fit with her, so I gave her big strong fin-tighs instead. Makes perfect sense. She's more proud of her bioluminescent lure and healthy red external gills anyway.
Her fish part is based on the scaly dragonfish.
8 days ago, 4:57 PM #11
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
Dodom:I'm on "did a drawing but didn't care about the prompts" team. I made this pretty girl yesterday:

Don't let the harpoon deter you, she only hunts fish. She's a friendly girl and enjoys hugs.

It's more usual to signal mermaids' feminity with pretty faces and breasts, but it didn't fit with her, so I gave her big strong fin-tighs instead. Makes perfect sense. She's more proud of her bioluminescent lure and healthy red external gills anyway.
Her fish part is based on the scaly dragonfish.

I love the mood of this one! Wow! It's like the real glowy deep sea fishies XD (oh, there's a word for that and you used it XD) Also, dragonfish :3

6 days ago, 12:37 AM #12
DeadFish

Registration date: 12th Aug 2014
I did not know that Mermay was a thing! I wasn't even thinking about following prompts nor anything, I was just amused with the idea of drawing a mermaid... I know I've done it once or twice but can't even remember when or how they came out so I took another shot at it:

Even my wife was surprised. She said that it is not usual for me to draw 'cute things'! XD
6 days ago, 1:39 PM #13
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
Out of boredom, I drew four more merfolk.

Figures are clothed (Well, they're not topless), spoilers for size.