Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Umbrella Academy

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Umbrella Academy
Pages: [1]

"Umbrella Academy", 11 days ago, 5:40 PM #1
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
I shotgunned it on Netflix this weekend and enjoyed the heck out of it. I actually found it a lot more solid and fleshed out than the original comics, and the music was amazing. The acting, especially 5 and 7, is pretty fun too.

My brother says it's a show for the venn diagram overlap of people who enjoy both silver age hamminess and deeply flawed people, and I think he's right on that one.

I also think it's refreshing to see an adaptation so willing to play with source material.

Have other people been enjoying or loathing it? And how do you feel about it as an adaptation?
11 days ago, 6:44 PM #2
Mothtrap
mouth blood
Registration date: 9th Nov 2014
I never read umbrella academy, but I enjoyed the heck out of the netflix series. A couple of times I thought the music choice and related scenes were a bit awkward (like the strange dancing to I think we're alone now (i think it was that song)) but generally I thought it was very fun! I hated leonard the moment he showed up and

Five was my favourite. Klaus was a bit too much for me at first but I warmed to him because ghost powers duh

Anyway yeah, fun is the word I'd generally use to describe it. Even though the characters are indeed pretty messed up and have serious moments, it's generally silly enough that it's not too brooding. I can't say much more because I watched it all in like 2 days last month so it's kind of been flushed out of my system by now.
it's also the main reason I got netflix lol
11 days ago, 7:10 PM #3
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin

I'm with you on ghost powers. I already loved Sheehan from Misfits, and I love trash fires, but ghost powers really are the best.

and Vanya are my favs. I guess I like the scary, quiet ones.
11 days ago, 9:58 PM #4
Xailenrath
unfeathered yet airborne
Registration date: 26th Sep 2014
I watched it all when it first popped up on NetFlix.
I loved the original series and have been trying to keep up with the various minis, but, I think the series condenses everything there is to love about UA into one epic tale, plus a couple of surprises.
I give it a glowing 5 stars!

I've heard Rumors (please forgive me for that) of a season two.
Is this true? (I lost my NetFlix on the very day I finished the last ep, and haven't bothered to renew, yet. If Umbrella Academy is coming back, I may stick with NetFlix and forego getting DCUniverse.
11 days ago, 10:41 PM #5
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Xailenrath:I've heard Rumors (please forgive me for that) of a season two.
Is this true?

It's been greenlit for a second season, but there isn't a trailer or anything yet.
11 days ago, 11:13 PM #6
Xailenrath
unfeathered yet airborne
Registration date: 26th Sep 2014
FANTASTIC!! That's really all I needed to hear!
Now, the problem is being patient. Which I'm not.
(I'm still tapping my itchy veins waiting for my next Young Justice fix! I almost LOST it waiting for DuckTales to return! Not to get off-topic.)

WOO-HOO!
Season TWO!