Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The Mario Maker 2 thread

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > The Mario Maker 2 thread
Pages: [1]

"The Mario Maker 2 thread", 28th Jun 2019, 9:21 PM #1
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
Registration date: 27th Mar 2015
I downloaded it at release, played for 5 hours and I love it SO much!! I've been studying game design and this is the first time I've gotten to work on platformering. It's even more fun than I expected to play other people's levels! I haven't run into a terrible one yet.

Share your level IDs, and maybe friend codes, etc. here!

My FC is SW-3116-8850-5809, and the ID of my first level is 4FJ-27L-G6G. I went for something pretty easy, but smooth and fun.

tldr mario owns my life
29th Jun 2019, 12:27 AM #2
Matthew Young

Registration date: 4th Feb 2019
I'm gonna have to get used to the layout again (and a stylus), but whenever I do this MM2 will be my whole life for some time. I love making levels.
I played some of the online multiplayer and it was really fun when the lag wasn't making it run in slow motion.

Likewise, my friend code is SW-4751-2370-3434
I don't have any levels made yet, but I'll put the ID codes on here when I do.

I hate how Terraria and Mario Maker came out within a day of each other...
29th Jun 2019, 4:56 AM #3
killersteak
Botanist
Registration date: 25th Apr 2011
Looks like they messed around with the algorithm where if you dont get a play when on the 'new' list your levels are doomed to 0 plays. I'll probably trade it in after finishing story then.
29th Jun 2019, 5:49 AM #4
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Did anyone create "100% impossible" level?
I laughed hard, when someone attempted so, while feeding him shit ton of mushrooms.
Poor Mario, he must've had diarrhoea afterwards...
29th Jun 2019, 6:14 AM #5
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
killersteak:Looks like they messed around with the algorithm where if you dont get a play when on the 'new' list your levels are doomed to 0 plays. I'll probably trade it in after finishing story then.

i have no idea ;v; i thought my course was doomed until it suddenly got attention a whole day after upload? It happened right after I played some other people's brand new courses so idk if i was just lucky and someone there happened to check my profile
3rd Jul 2019, 11:05 AM #6
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
i have a couple more stages! and a Twitter thread where I'm putting clips of them~
"Thwomp Boats" (FPB-S84-L4G), a mid-to-hard-difficulty platformer and "WAHOOOOO" (Y1D-Q55-SQG), a speedrun with way too many sound effects
3rd Jul 2019, 2:10 PM #7
Kevtrev

Registration date: 31st Oct 2015
fedoramoron:i have no idea ;v; i thought my course was doomed until it suddenly got attention a whole day after upload? It happened right after I played some other people's brand new courses so idk if i was just lucky and someone there happened to check my profile

Makes sense, the more courses you play and the more comments you leave, the more likely it is that people see your profile and play your courses.

I never played the first Mario Maker so I'm still very much an amateur at this, but here is my first creation: an attempt at recreating the Muscle Tower from Dragon Ball (026-W38-5VF).

Edit: here's another one (8ST-2LR-BLG), based on the Toad Houses where you have to pick one of three boxes. What will you find...?

I'll make sure to check out other people's courses from this thread too (Thwomp Boats was cool)!
Two weeks ago, 12:18 AM #8
Matthew Young

Got a stage.
MLM-STC-SBG
"Nipper Switcher Tower"

First course I've made since the Wii U days, so it's kinda meh, but enjoy.
11 days ago, 10:42 AM #9
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
Mario Maker 2 is the first Mario Maker title I've played, and it's a welcome reprieve from stressful work life that I can still use while I'm too drained to work on my more creative projects.

Anyway, I made a NSMB airship in the spirit of classic Mario gameplay. It's my second attempt building a stage, and first one I've finished: "Thunderboom Fleet Sky Stride".

JL0-JDD-JMG

I hope it's a bit of a challenge, while still being fair.
11 days ago, 1:05 PM #10
Matthew Young

@Text I like it! There's a lot of cool ideas in it that you could make whole levels into here, like the Spiny room with key coins, or the autoscrolling section with branching paths depending on how well you perform.
I will say though there isn't really anything breaking up the action, which can make a level feel like stressful chaos. And there's so many enemies.
But aside from that, it was fun to play.

For anyone tuning into this thread. Second stage time.

JSP-PGJ-Q9G
'Fort Holey Moley'
11 days ago, 6:24 PM #11
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
yeah... i might have underestimated how much complication a goomba can bring.

i’ll try everyone’s levels when i have a moment
11 days ago, 7:40 PM #12
Product Placement
paid to be there and look good
Registration date: 15th May 2011
TheStrangerous:Did anyone create "100% impossible" level?

That's a pretty clever way to circumvent the lanky mushroom exploit prevention.

So yeah, there's this one guy who's trying to create the world's most difficult Mario Maker level, but as you all may know, you need to beat it in order to be able to upload it.

Here's a video of what the level looks like:

Thing is... that video features a segmented run, with him jumping in and out of various areas for training purposes.

He still hasn't managed to complete the full run.

He started working on this level in early 2016.

Just endlessly playing the same level. Again and again. Never beating it.

You can check out his attempt videos over here. (currently up to day 1309)
One week ago, 8:31 AM #13
Hobo of Justice
Webcomic Diver
Registration date: 1st Oct 2013
Had fun trying everyone’s levels! Some good stuff in here.

I’ve got two of these things right now:

Pipe Dream
QRP-V0K-FPG
Going in yellow pipes warps you to an alternate reality where things are a little different.

Bowser’s Bounce Bonanza
G98-8Y7-VXF
Cramped and short attempt at a harder level.
One week ago, 11:06 AM #14
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
omg so YOU'RE the one who made bowser's bounce bonanza [shaking fist]
6 days ago, 7:29 AM #15
Hobo of Justice
Webcomic Diver
Registration date: 1st Oct 2013
Sounds like you had a good time bouncing! A great time, even, if that shaking fist is anything to go by!

Dunno if it helps or not, but that course had to be reuploaded to fix something, so the little "x"s of your suffering have been lost to the ether.
4 days ago, 9:39 PM #16
Kevtrev

Registration date: 31st Oct 2015
It's crazy how many possibilities there are; I thought I had come up with some neat little levels, but they are nothing compared to the creative death gauntlets of madness other people have been coming up with.

Having lots of fun learning and improving, though. My latest submission (TBD-RP1-NVF) is a tribute to the Mines of Moria from the Lord of the Rings.

Edit: just found a cool Metroid re-imagining! (561-LJL-J4G)
4 days ago, 10:44 PM #17
TheMario360

Registration date: 19th Dec 2013
This is a course I made called "Hammer Time". It's a 3D World castle stage that utilizes the new Builder Mario power-up.: JLQ-C4N-QHG

My friend code is SW-5911-5283-4420
Today, 1:03 AM #18
Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
I bought the game over the weekend, and made a short first level. I decided to base it on a garden in the sky, with the player leaping between trees. Although I couldn't find many ways to develop that mechanic. The level code is RFG-M5K-J7G.

My friend code is SW-5099-9721-2604.

Merged Doublepost:

TheMario360:This is a course I made called "Hammer Time". It's a 3D World castle stage that utilizes the new Builder Mario power-up.: JLQ-C4N-QHG

My friend code is SW-5911-5283-4420

I keep dying at the same part, at the "hanging" set of blocks with the two Dry Bones. I inevitably get hit by the Dry Bones, being unable to continue until I take the perilous trip back to regain my hammer. You might want to take one of those guys out.