Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
Question 3: Nature of Conflict
Two weeks ago, 12:43 AM #42
Chernobog

Registration date: 5th Jun 2012
3. Man vs. Man

Check out my new novel, available on Amazon!
Desperate By Dusk

Arachnid Goddess 2

My DeviantArt page
Two weeks ago, 11:07 AM #43
B.W.K.

Registration date: 30th Jan 2018
3. Man vs Man for the most part though it may change depending on the conflict.
Two weeks ago, 1:45 PM #44
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
#03: What is the nature of your central conflict?

I guess most of the time Man vs Nature (in chapters where the antagonist is a cryptid) and Man vs Man (in chapters where the antagonist is a human or otherwise sentient).
Two weeks ago, 3:30 PM #45
GMan003
I can explain
Registration date: 18th May 2011
I might have the day off from work, but I don't get the day off from PLOTCRAFTING.

#04: What is the primary motivation of your protagonist?
What does your protagonist want? What are they fighting for? What is the reason they're doing any of the stuff they do?

My answer:
The protagonist (name left to the player's choice, though I'm thinking about a Mass Effect-style fixed surname) primarily wants to make things better for everyone. They have the power to change the entire course of history, they feel failing to use that for good would be an act (or inact) of evil. Evil exists that they could prevent, ergo they should go try to prevent it.
Two weeks ago, 3:33 PM #46
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017

The Adventures of Sir Power
Power motivation used to be to find happiness, now it's to keep happiness and to make the Kingdom peacefull and prospering.

Melancholy
Steven just had enough and wants to find a place to which he belongs
Two weeks ago, 4:01 PM #47
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
GMan003:

[spoiler]#01: What is the elevator pitch for your story?
Describe your story to a prospective reader (or prospective publisher) in thirty seconds or less. Why should we read your story? What makes it stand out from the thousands of other stories being made?
#02: What is the overarching theme of your story?
Every story has some kind of theme. What is yours?
#03: What is the nature of your central conflict?
There are many general shapes that a conflict can take: Man vs. Man, Man vs. Society, Man vs. Nature, Man vs. Self, Man vs. Fate. Which one describes your main conflict?

Oh s***!!! I missed this!!!!!! Alright lemme get it together, I'm goin' script-wise as nobody's reading the comic itself, therefore: there can be no spoilers!

The elevator pitch for UBERNATURA is: "Do you like Sitcoms, how about anime and manga? Then you'd love UBERNATURA! This pseudo-manga's oozing with parodies and a actual gripping story, that'll make you see the world and your own actions VERY differently..." I can see people rolling their eyes at this, lol!

The overarching theme for UBERNATURA is: Evolution, even in the VERY FIRST PAGE, Empath explains humans have evolved but their natures haven't. Basically, the comic's a somewhat mild-version of what would happen if people had powers in real life. All other creatures (like djinn aliens and demons) aside, humans do the most bullsh** in the series.

The nature UBERNATURA's central conflict is: Man VS Man and Man VS Society, because people ARE fighting eachother for many reasons. (The biggest being becoming Superhumans: it can be done by caring about the guy next to you, or being "superior" to him...) The vs Society thing... (well it's also a VS Fate thing, too...) Comes in on a more personal note, where all the main characters have to face personal and familial problems at some point during each arc, most are them resisting becoming what their families want, in favor for freedom to be themselves. Or because they what the family's doing is wrong. The other instances come in at overcoming a sense of nihilism and generally being seen as worthless and being hated...

...I wasn't going to do this, as it'll take forever, but I'll make it quick as it'll drive me crazy if I didn't...

Adventurine
"Welcome to the Magical-Academy: Novae Astrus, and the world of magik, itself! Here, you'll experience the adventures of mere children growing up to become wizard warriors and defenders!"

The overarching theme is: Magic can suck... It can be fun, but it also can suck. You'll notice that very soon...

And the central conflict is: Man VS Nature and Man. The plot surrounds ...well after the 1st season, it surrounds the events that take place due to the corpse of a evil wizard. The demonic power inside, pulls in many vile murderers into the school which causes many deaths... it gets worse when they find out who the demon was possessing the body... especially for the main character as it knew the guy...

Merged Doublepost:

GMan003:I might have the day off from work, but I don't get the day off from PLOTCRAFTING.

What does your protagonist want? What are they fighting for? What is the reason they're doing any of the stuff they do?

Almost missed this!

For UBERNATURA: It's for peace. All 4 of the characters want to live peacefully with their powers, the power themselves would serve only to assist them in their ideal future. But, with every adventure... well every normal life decision, a INCREDIBLE amount of crap happens: which in turns makes them fight for their own lives, as well as others in most cases, but it's all for peace.

For Adventurine: it's solely survival. The kids wanna learn, but people are trying to kill them. Hell, the protagonist literally doesn't care about the events going on in most cases, until it learns that people DO wants to be it's friend. Then it's for them and it's life, since it has someone to come back to..

UBERNATURA
(Sorry, I haven't programmed for a long time...)
Two weeks ago, 4:15 PM #48
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018

Funny thing is, even though Pacco is the main face of my comic (appears on cover, banners, etc.), Charry's the one who took his role, for the most part.
Anyhow, for Pacco. With his care-free attitude, he does it for fun. He enjoys it, it's his life, his meaning.
Two weeks ago, 4:38 PM #49
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
Stetson's driven by fear, basically, though she hides it behind foolhardy pride. She's worried that if no one else handles the vampires, the vampires will eventually take over Pine Hill, then the world, and even further. Same with werebeasts, zombies, and the like. She mainly wants to protect her family and friends because she's worried that they can't.

There's also survival. Monsters like werewolves, bogeymen, and the like are ruthless. If one attacks, you have to kill it or else it'll kill you.
Two weeks ago, 5:11 PM #50
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014

Mizuki just wants to be loved. Not much more complicated than that.
Two weeks ago, 5:16 PM #51
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014

Given that most of my protagonists are academics... I'd say, scientific curiosity.
Whenever the story gets more into "monster hunting" territory, I guess there is also a feeling of having the duty of preventing people getting mauled by rampaging cryptids.
And at least for Kanny, there may also be a matter of personal pride.
Two weeks ago, 6:03 PM #52
NiaNook
not the one who meowed (?)
Registration date: 11th Oct 2017
Gonna be vague and not fully answer this one, but from what we have at this current point...
Sikue - Wants to live a normal life among humans (Cue Ariel singing "Paaart of your woooorld")
Tatsuma - Lookin' for something. Would also like to be admired instead of feared (but doesn't she love scaring and weirding out people? It's complicated)
Yokiro - Wants to be brave, dependable... actually good at something. (like a hero instead of a 'useless cowardly nobody')
13 days ago, 12:31 AM #53
Sikyanakotik
Digital Metalworker
Registration date: 12th Sep 2017
Question 4: Protagonist's Motivation
13 days ago, 2:11 AM #54
SarahSophia
in the top percentile of cool kidz
Registration date: 30th Oct 2015

Autumn Bay has quite a few "protagonists", so it really depends on which one we are talking about, but...

Most of them have the surface motivation of keeping the world safe from that which goes bump in the night for "their people" whether that is a street gang, their neighborhood, or an entire nation and it's government.

A few of them have hidden or ulterior motivations..

13 days ago, 2:15 AM #55
Chernobog

Registration date: 5th Jun 2012

In the beginning, Karolina decides she needs to leave her village and broaden herself, being isolated and alone in the middle of nowhere.

Check out my new novel, available on Amazon!
Desperate By Dusk

Arachnid Goddess 2

My DeviantArt page
13 days ago, 2:33 PM #56
GMan003
I can explain
Registration date: 18th May 2011
And now we come to the obvious flip side to yesterday's question:

#05: What is the primary motivation of your antagonist?
If your story has an antagonist, what motivates them? If your story is Man vs. Society, what does society want? If Man vs. Self, what does the other half of the protagonist want?

My answer:
The antagonist (name considered spoilers) wants order, structure, for its own sake, and that extends to wanting people to behave in a strict, orderly fashion, whether they want to or not. It's not a motivation of "people are too dumb to be free, if we let them rule themselves they'll hurt themselves", it's a motivation of disorder being inherently wrong. Were there no people, they would still strive for greater order, carving the earth into nice, symmetric, geometric shapes, turning mountains into pyramids and valleys into lines, arranging the stars in the sky into a nice grid.
13 days ago, 2:36 PM #57
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017

The Adventures of Sir Power
For Chaos, he wants Power to suffer as much as possible, to see him break both emotionally and physically amongst ruins of his worlds and corpses of every person he ever cared about, it's his vengence, but as for what it's spoilers.

Melancholy
That would be enormous spoilers, so, i'll skip
13 days ago, 2:38 PM #58
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018

"Antagonist" is subjective. Perhaps titular Arena and it's economic/corporate infrastructure, is it's evil. Many do not like it's influence on society, spawning big headed "arena celebrities" doin' whatever the hell they want. Of course they'll piss someone off BIG TIME, indirectly spawning underground groups who hunt'em down.
13 days ago, 3:12 PM #59
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018

The local Vampire Queen desires power. Not just over Vampires, but over humans (the preferred food of the undead), over other monsters, possibly over God Himself, but she knows that's a little out of reach. She eventually starts to see Stetson as a threat, but defeating/killing/turning her would just be a bonus in the quest for power.

The monster of the week, however, varies in what they want. Deluded attempts at enforcing God's Will? Survival? Order? Indulging their narcissism? Money? Vengeance? Pure sadism? Any of these are possible motives.
13 days ago, 5:42 PM #60
he_xie

Registration date: 28th Feb 2019
I will try to do this one for the comic I will start after finishing my current project. I missed the last thread because characters travel too much so I couldn't really contribute anything but this one looks fine. I'm going to spoiler the whole thing bc it's long and also I'm mostly writing this for myself.

This world is not like super depressive or grimdark or anything despite what I wrote. I want the whole story to feel hopeful