Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - FuryMarches: ComicFury West Marches in Pathfinder

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > FuryMarches: ComicFury West Marches in Pathfinder
Pages: [1]

"FuryMarches: ComicFury West Marches in Pathfinder", 3rd Jul 2019, 5:13 AM #1
Vladimara

Registration date: 6th Mar 2018
FURYMARCHES
ComicFury Pathfinder 1e West Marches

No microphone and headset? No problem. Yes microphone and headset? Also no problem. Problem? Well, yes problem, in that case.

The point is, we’re a group made up of a handful of ComicFury members that like to play Tabletop RPGs, but don’t have the most generous schedules. Thus, FuryMarches: a Western Marches style game played over Discord featuring episodic adventures of a “drop in, drop out” nature. All player characters exist in the same open world, any given adventure is scheduled around the overlapping availability of the players, resulting in various combinations of PCs on any given quest. The aim, then, is to keep the game flexible, so that everyone may participate!

In addition, players may take on GM roles, GMing some sessions in the Marches in addition to their play as PCs. Concerns related to being a GM should be brought to me directly, though you must play in at least two sessions before you can GM a game. There are some limitations and rules to GMing; check with me to learn more.

Character creation rules can be found in the #welcome section of the Discord server, and you may send a PM directly to me for an invite. You may ask any other questions you may have in this thread.

Current Players:
1.Vladimara
2.Text
3.rokulily
4.Sample_Text
5.Turquoise
6.Paul.A.Mitzkowski
7.Product Placement
8.Jeremy7
9.ReaperDragon
3rd Jul 2019, 8:41 AM #2
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
yes i have a question

this post seems really formal. would it not break the ice if it contained some crass remark, perhaps a direct quote from one of our players? just worried we're not connecting with people here.
3rd Jul 2019, 2:34 PM #3
Vladimara

oh fine, if you really want.
3rd Jul 2019, 2:58 PM #4
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
Care to explain what goes on in a West March?
3rd Jul 2019, 4:41 PM #5
Paul.A.Mitzkowski

Registration date: 19th Jun 2013
Basically, all the players are adventurers that have traveled to a yet unexplored land to do what adventurers do best.

We stay in an abandoned town and occasionally go out in the wild or into unknown civilizations to explore.
3rd Jul 2019, 5:09 PM #6
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Well, what else is there? Should I join, what monsters can I expect to fight, and what classes can I be?
3rd Jul 2019, 6:06 PM #7
DLNorton

Registration date: 26th Aug 2018
Been trying to do this with Starfinder.. no takers though..
3rd Jul 2019, 6:54 PM #8
rokulily
~
Registration date: 18th Apr 2011
monsters vary, allies vary. right now we have allied with a very small group of goblin alchemists who provide the occasional potion and brew to our growing towns merchants. we have some orc neighbors and other gobbos not too far off in a huge cave network that we recently have our aspirations on. we've fought zombies, wights, orcs, potion golem, giant ice toad, drug addicts, and some goblins.

as for races and classes... well you can be most of em'. you start at level one and work your way up so if you have a build in mind just ask the head gm.

as a west march it's built to be open and fun. there's no grand manifest destiny plot other then to venture west. we're outsiders uncovering a lost land. travelers are free to come and go on their own whims and we allow a multiple gm setting.
3rd Jul 2019, 7:38 PM #9
Jeremy7
What a sucker
If you couldn't tell, I am greatly intrigued and would like to join, how are we keeping track of characters? Are we using Roll20?

Or can I use actual dice (without having to prove it's a clean roll. I don't have the webcam for that), because I have some dice. Of course, that's just a bonus, I'm 100% fine with digital dice.

Still, I'll need a cast sheet and some help filling it out.
3rd Jul 2019, 7:53 PM #10
Text
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
yeah, we tend to use digital dice, played over discord. you can use any method you want for a character sheet, as long as the dm can access it without too much trouble. i recommend myth-weavers sheets. i, and i’m sure others, would be interested in helping you with your build—if you join the discord server that’d probably be the easiest place to get that help.
3rd Jul 2019, 7:59 PM #11
Sample_Text
Yep.
Registration date: 19th May 2016
Keeping track of characters? like in a physical sense, we are playing in a more "theatre of the mind type scenario" so we dont have maps or anything, basically we just ask the DM "yo, how far away am i from X Monster, Y Player, or Z Object" and they'll tell us.

If you meant keeping track in terms of stats, I think we use Myth-Weavers for the most part for character sheets.

We don't use Roll20, just Discord

I think actual dice are OK, you'll have to ask whoever's DM-ing. but for the most part we use a Discord bot to roll dice for us. If you did use actual dice, we would probably end up doing an Honor System of sorts.

if by cast sheet, you mean a character sheet, hell yeah, we would be happy to help. Text and Vlad are pretty experienced on this front, and the rest of us do know a thing or three about character creation.

Soooo.... yeah!

EDIT: Damn you text, you beat me to it.
3rd Jul 2019, 8:01 PM #12
Text
oh, right, and if you don't want to register to myth-weavers just to use their character sheets, i just did some digging and found a google sheets creation called AutoSheet. click here to make a copy of it into your own google docs.
3rd Jul 2019, 8:33 PM #13
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Okay, wow that's a big sheet. I guess I'm going to fill more of it out as I go along?
3rd Jul 2019, 8:36 PM #14
Sample_Text
Yep.
Registration date: 19th May 2016
yeah, there's a lot of blank space for later levels. don't feel intimidated! We can guide you through the process of what you need to fill and what you dont.
One week ago, 12:31 AM #15
Paul.A.Mitzkowski

Registration date: 19th Jun 2013
Moar players moar powah
One week ago, 7:16 AM #16
Text
i agree. feed us your life energy. we require life energy from all around the world, or something.

lookin' at you, 'strayans.
6 days ago, 9:15 PM #17
Text
still accepting players, friendos and frondlebugs. act now and get a free character icon! (while supplies last!)

testimonials:

no i meant for the group:

see, folks? this is the PREMIERE place to be! join now!
6 days ago, 10:32 PM #18
Product Placement
paid to be there and look good
Registration date: 15th May 2011
Where else can you get eaten by a giant toad?
5 days ago, 3:49 AM #19
Vladimara

As an aside, there are still spots available for people!

I just realized, that the current list of players are misleading... In fact, the more the better!
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > FuryMarches: ComicFury West Marches in Pathfinder
Pages: [1]