Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Apocalypse Plans

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Apocalypse Plans
Pages: [1] [2]

"Apocalypse Plans", 9 days ago, 7:24 PM #1
loyaldog
on complicated terms with man
Registration date: 14th Feb 2017
Picture, if you will, one of many different hypothetical scenarios. An asteroid is going to hit Earth in exactly 24 hours, and the impact will wipe out everything. Or there's some Rapture-type event in the books, but The Powers That Be decided to give humanity a 24-hour heads up. Maybe everyone's infected with a deadly plague, and while we all feel fine right now, we know we'll all simultaneously have heart attacks at midnight. Perhaps the world's just gonna blow up in a day. No particular reason. It just will, and humanity somehow figures that out.

That's not the point. The point is that in 24 hours, the human race will be no more, and everyone knows it.

...What're you doing?
9 days ago, 7:28 PM #2
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
probably gonna spend most of the day crying and then finish it off with some cowering
9 days ago, 7:34 PM #3
heckos

Registration date: 21st Nov 2014
Minecraft
9 days ago, 7:37 PM #4
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
oh, I figured out the best answer a long time ago.

I'm gonna spend the day working on a time machine that will take me and my house to the distant past, where I'll have more than enough time to work on a portal to allow me to escape this dimension before the Fourth Impact or whatever you want to call it.

what do you mean, it's cheating? for what I know, I could end up in an even worse world, but at least it'll be a different problem.
9 days ago, 8:05 PM #5
Kokoneos

Registration date: 27th Jun 2015
Aha! You're the one who starts the plague. You travel to the past- transmit the oddly-specifically-timed-death disease to our ancestors and by our bootstraps humanity ends itself.
9 days ago, 8:08 PM #6
Matthew Young

Registration date: 4th Feb 2019
Ha! You won't kill me asteroid! Not if I kill me first!
9 days ago, 8:15 PM #7
Bandkanon

Registration date: 25th Feb 2011
If it's an asteroid or something that affects the global environment, I'd take a trip to Kennedy Space Center, either hijack a shuttle or work together with NASA faculty to get an impromptu abandon-earth shuttle arranged, and jettison my ass into the Outers of Space.

If it's any of the other things I'd probably bury a cache in a very obvious Holy Shrine-like location containing all my artwork, including the raunchy stuff. Just out of hope that some time in the next x-thousand/million/billion years, a new race of sentient beings will rise from the ashes of humanity's decimation and, in their quests to uncover the dark secrets of the Earth's history, discover my work and regard it as some kind of holy relic.
9 days ago, 8:27 PM #8
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Spent all of my saving on the most expensive delicious food, and then get drunk ti'l I drop unconscious.
9 days ago, 8:50 PM #9
Kokoneos

Bandkanon:If it's an asteroid or something that affects the global environment, I'd take a trip to Kennedy Space Center, either hijack a shuttle or work together with NASA faculty to get an impromptu abandon-earth shuttle arranged, and jettison my ass into the Outers of Space.

If it's any of the other things I'd probably bury a cache in a very obvious Holy Shrine-like location containing all my artwork, including the raunchy stuff. Just out of hope that some time in the next x-thousand/million/billion years, a new race of sentient beings will rise from the ashes of humanity's decimation and, in their quests to uncover the dark secrets of the Earth's history, discover my work and regard it as some kind of holy relic.

Approval rating is high.
9 days ago, 9:15 PM #10
loyaldog
Matt Comics:

Kokoneos:

I don’t know if time travel would save you in the plague scenario. How does this weirdly specific plague know what time it is? That’s on me, really. I didn’t think that out before I started this thread.

Bandkanon:

See, here’s the thing about space shuttles:

1. I could be wrong, but I don’t think we have shuttles capable of supporting a human for a lifetime. You’d run out of oxygen eventually, right?
2. If the world is ending, everyone’s gonna be trying to jettison themselves into space. You’d be fighting your way past a huge mob.
9 days ago, 9:20 PM #11
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
oh I was only going with the asteroid scenario lol. plagues are a completely different issue... but there may still be an ancient, forgotten Maya cure or something in the past!
9 days ago, 9:38 PM #12
Kokoneos

Haha- I was just pulling your chain with some Heinlein logic.
9 days ago, 11:35 PM #13
DizzasterJuice

Registration date: 18th Sep 2013
I live in the prepper state of Florida where we prepare for any hurricane, asteroid, nuclear attack, or any other extinction event. We're totally stocked up on enough beer to party through it all.

Every hurricane you can tell the native Floridians from the non-natives at the grocery store. While non-natives are stocking up on canned food and batteries, Floridians are stocking up on beer.
9 days ago, 11:35 PM #14
Shekets
πŸ•Ž Light it up πŸ•Ž
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
Summon demon husb to repopulate the ruins of the world
9 days ago, 11:42 PM #15
J-son

Registration date: 8th Nov 2017
I'd follow in my Cousin Walter's footsteps and pull out my piece and start furiously beating off, starting a chain reaction.
8 days ago, 12:16 AM #16
Chernobog

Registration date: 5th Jun 2012
Oh, I've dreamed about the asteroid moment in a 'call of the void' fantasy. I'd visit my family, with them well and the like, and then go to wherever ground zero is, if they knew and revealed it.

Then I'd wait, probably with some whiskey, and attempt to punch the asteroid at the last second as it crushes me in a blink. The idea of defying complete futility to the end is somehow extremely appealing. And what a metal way to go!

That said, I'm married these days and I don't want her to feel alone in such a catastrophe, so I'm probably more likely I'm going to put every conceivable layer of protection between the asteroid's explosive burst and her, with myself as the last squishy line of defense. And yes, whiskey will probably be involved again.

Check out my new novel, available on Amazon!
Desperate By Dusk

Arachnid Goddess 2

My DeviantArt page
8 days ago, 1:08 AM #17
loyaldog
Random idea, take it or leave it: What if you both held hands while trying to punch the asteroid with your free hands? Metal, romantic, and completely pointless!
8 days ago, 1:14 AM #18
Chernobog

Registration date: 5th Jun 2012
I like the way you think!

Check out my new novel, available on Amazon!
Desperate By Dusk

Arachnid Goddess 2

My DeviantArt page
6 days ago, 8:26 AM #19
Xerocorpse Boomer

Registration date: 6th May 2017
Party in WeHo in Los Angeles.

6 days ago, 2:53 PM #20
Ezra Rose

Registration date: 5th Mar 2019
i thought this was like... plans for after the apocalypse and I was ready to talk about all my mad maxiest of plans

i was gonna get a cattle dog y'all

anyway I probably wouldn't notice if the world was ending because I'm a terrible shut in