Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Adding spaces/indentation to author notes?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Layouts, HTML, CSS & Javascript > Adding spaces/indentation to author notes?
Pages: [1]

"Adding spaces/indentation to author notes?", One week ago, 6:03 AM #1
Oxnard

Registration date: 27th Dec 2014
Hello! I'm having trouble with what's hopefully a simple issue.

I want to post writing under each comic I post, in the Author Notes area.
I'd like to indent each paragraph with 5 spaces, but when I paste the text in, all my extra spaces disappear after I save.
I've tried using &nbsp; and &emsp; to fill in for 4 spaces, but I already have thousands of lines of text and it's kind of a pain if I have to manually do that for every single line. ono; I've also tried <pre> but it didn't quite work either. How come some blogs/HTML/BBCode keep multiple spaces in your writing and others don't?

I think the coding has to be done somewhere in this area where the Author Notes appear, correct?

Here's a link to my site, you can see my embarrassing practice under the images: http://boxerbeats.thecomicseries.com/

If you solve this for me and want a reward for it lemme know.
One week ago, 6:16 AM #2
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
so do you want 5 spaces to only appear on the first sentence of each paragraph, or do you want the whole block of text to be moved by the equivalent of 5 spaces?

.commenttext {
    white-space:pre-wrap;
}

adding this to your CSS may do what you want. It will show up all spaces but also allow lines to break when they need to. it will also affect user comments, if you want it to only apply to author comments let me know.

another thing worth doing if you do that is finding

<span class="commenttext">

(should show up once for author notes and once for comments) and getting rid of all the spaces between that and [v:l.comment] (since it will make them show up otherwise)
One week ago, 7:57 AM #3
Oxnard

Registration date: 27th Dec 2014
Kyo:so do you want 5 spaces...

:OOO

You are so smart and nice and kind and also helpful!
I just wanted my 5 spaces at the start of every paragraph to show up. I don't think I needed the whole block to show up.
I randomly pasted that in the layout sorta near the top of the page coding and it works perfect just like I want. <3
I wasn't expecting any help or any so soon, thank you for being active cute reptile-icon person! Do you want a reward or paypal money or anything for help cause your assistance solved a big problem for me so now I can totally use this site! <3 Thank you!
One week ago, 8:33 AM #4
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
no reward necessary, I'm happy to help