Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - FuryCon 2019 Crossover Exchange!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > FuryCon 2019 Crossover Exchange!
Pages: [1] [2]

"FuryCon 2019 Crossover Exchange!", 6 days ago, 6:29 PM #1
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
FuryCon 2019 Crossover Exchange
Heya everyone! Back by popular demand, signups are now open for FuryCon 2019!

This will be a convention-themed crossover exchange. Feel free to interpret this how you like – the characters could be attending/speaking on a panel, at a signing, buying/selling merch, art, or other wares, they could be in cosplay, entering a contest, or a combination of these. And of course, you can always visit FuryCon 2018 for some inspiration. Have fun with it!

The Basics
If you decide to take part, you will be assigned a comic to read, and will be asked to draw a piece of crossover fanart that features characters from both your assigned comic and your own comic. You will also receive a crossover fanart in return!

The Rules
1) This is a Crossover Exchange, so your piece should include at least one character from your own comic, and at least one character from the assigned comic (so at least 2 characters).
2) There are no set rules on length – you could do a single piece, a comic page, a multi-page story, whatever you are inspired to do. Just be sure to keep to the theme, put thought and effort into your piece, and to be respectful to the comic you are assigned.
3) While you can sign up with a NSFW comic, the submitted pieces should be SFW.
4) Assignments will be sent out by 21 July, and will be due 25 August, 9PM (BST) Please make sure you have the time to submit your piece (see Serious Stuff below).
5) PM completed pieces to me, so they are not seen before the Exchange goes live.
6) Again, have fun!

Intro Comic – Opening Ceremony
Taking inspiration from Proxy and Jammy, I thought I’d make the intro comic a group effort. Quick disclaimer – this won’t be anything close to the scale of those comics.

FuryCon’s opening ceremony will be a short intro comic, and I will be looking for submissions of characters in the following roles:
- Cosplayer (4)
- Panellist
- Performer
- Vendor
- Security (1)
Which I will then work into the comic. You can take part in the intro comic without taking part in the main exchange. You can also submit more than one character if you wish. And, to clarify, you can enter a character in one of these roles, and have them doing something completely different in the main exchange.

To clarify, rather than me requesting certain poses, you simply send me an image as noted above and I’ll work it in.

Signups
Signups will be open until 19 July, 9PM (BST). If you would like to take part, clearly state below that you are signing up, and give the following details:
1) The comic(s) you are signing up with (if you sign up with 2 comics, you will be assigned 2 comics to draw crossovers for)
2) Any flags your comic has (V/L/N/S)
3) Any flags you don’t want assigned (V/N/L/S) (if you don’t specify, I will assume you are okay with all flags)
4) Optional: If you like, list any comics you have previously been assigned so I can make sure you get something new. You can list everything you’ve done, just recent stuff, or not list past exchanges at all.

The Serious Stuff
Please make sure you follow the rules and keep to the theme of the exchange – I’d rather not have to request amendments to submitted pieces.

Remember that longer pieces of work are entirely optional – it’s great if you receive a multi-page epic from the person assigned your comic, but please don’t go into the exchange expecting one.

I will take into account any flags etc. you don't want to work with when assigning comics. You will not be able to switch comics once the assignments have gone out. If you have any concerns that you're not comfortable discussing on the forum, please drop me a PM before signups close.

Also, as stated above, please ensure you can commit to the exchange before signing up. I’m mindful that we’re into summer now, so please ensure you have taken into account any holidays etc. when planning your time. If you do find yourself struggling, please let me know. I would rather know in good time if any issues come up than have people drop off the radar.

Of course sometimes, stuff happens. As such if you do need to drop out please let me know ASAP and preferably before the deadline so I can contact a backup. To note, if you drop out after the deadline or drop off the radar you could be at risk of getting called out.

The Other Stuff
Backups – Let me know if you would like to be a backup artist. If you’re not sure right now feel free to let me know later. I will contact you if someone drops out to see if you can take on the assignment.

Website Layout, Banner and Avatar – If anyone wants to take a crack at these, let me know. Otherwise, I’ll aim to put something together.

Deadlines Summary
Signups are open until 19 July, 9PM (BST)
Assignments will be sent out by 21 July, if not before.
Submissions for the intro comic will be due on 18 August, 9PM (BST)
Assignments will be due on 25 August, 9PM (BST)
Exchange goes up 1 September, 6PM (BST)

I’ve tried to include as much info as possible for any newcomers, but let me know if you have any questions.

Have fun everyone!
6 days ago, 6:38 PM #2
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I'm submitting LECTRO, which has a V Tab.
I'd rather not work with S or N Tabs.
Comics I've drawn for in the past:

Cryptida (Back-To-School Image)
Silk and Sword (Halloween 2018)
War Planet (Christmas 2018)
The Mansion of E (Blind Date 2018)

And I'd be willing to submit images of Toby and Venus cosplaying for the comic.
6 days ago, 7:18 PM #3
Jay042
Keeps with the times
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
Kaza's Mate Gwenna is in of course! It's flagged N!, and I have no qualms about any flags.

The previous year's exchanges I've worked on were:

Swordcat Knights
Pawprints
Those Unknowable
Waste of Time <---Last ComicCon Exchange
Project Revirie
Cosmos

Gwenna can be a panelist in the intro comic.
6 days ago, 7:23 PM #4
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
I'm submitting The Adventures of Sir Power (it has a V and L flag)
in this style I've done was the 2019 Blind Date exchange with Lectro by Jeremy7
I don't have any problem with any flags
6 days ago, 7:23 PM #5
JC Webcomics

Just a quick note - while you certainly can tell me in advance who you will be submitting for the intro, you don't need to - I'm planning to keep this pretty loose.
6 days ago, 7:24 PM #6
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
I guess Vöndres can be security in the intro
"Deer Me Sign-Up", 6 days ago, 9:37 PM #7
Snarkclaw

Registration date: 9th Oct 2014
Sign-Up
1) Comic: Deer Me
2) Flags: none
3) Acceptable Flags: all
4) Previous Crossover: Waste of Time for 2019 BLIND DATE

Intro Comic
- Blaire as Panelist
- Edit: Thondy as Security
Edit: - Jared as Vendor
Edited because apparently lots of characters are signing up for Security! :-)
6 days ago, 10:22 PM #8
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
I'd like to sign up with Breath of Life!

Any comic is good, allflags are good.

My comic has V and L flags.
6 days ago, 10:32 PM #9
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
Sure, I'll swing in again.
My comic is "The Wide Ocean", link in my signature.
It has a Violence Tag on it.
I'm good reading any comic with any tags.

I've worked with, in past exchanges,
Spiraphantom's "Art and Tech" - School Crossover
Eve's "Synthetic Life" - Halloween Crossover
Professor Etheric's "Autumn Bay" - Blind Date Valentine's Day

Puarani can work security - she's a 7 feet tall shark person.
5 days ago, 3:21 AM #10
Alicia the Bard

Registration date: 5th Aug 2013
I'm signing up for just the intro comic this time around. I'm going to use Hiro from my up-coming comic, Eternita, as a cosplayer.

And to clarify, you need just a front standing or sitting position of him?

Story Completed!
5 days ago, 3:33 AM #11
NeilKapit

Registration date: 9th Feb 2014
I volunteer Wyrecats as tribute! I’ll send a pic for the jam image
5 days ago, 4:25 AM #12
Cartoonist_at_Large

Registration date: 26th Jul 2016
Oooooh yes! It's FuryCon time again! I will do both a comic and a character for the intro comic, because I'm just that nuts! Here goes:

My comic: Cosmos, obviously

Flags it has: not a one!

Flags I don't mind: PG-rated V and L

Comics I've jammed with before: Peregrine, Dark Horse, Court of Roses, Serpents of Old, Cryptida, Subject M, Super Galaxy Knights, Wyrecats aaaaaand XCP!

My intro character: Tony Corvell, as a vendor for his store 'Tony's Comic Utopia' (which is what he'd be doing anyway)
5 days ago, 4:33 AM #13
authorloremipsum

Registration date: 11th Sep 2018
I'd be glad to volunteer my versions of Holmes and Watson as cosplayers for the introduction strip!

We just send a picture in, yes? I'll get one in asap :D
5 days ago, 9:17 AM #14
JC Webcomics

@Alicia the Bard
For cosplayers, standing is probably preferable, but my plan is to work with what I'm given, so the rules are pretty loose on this one

@NeilKapit
Just to check - are you just planning to send an image for the intro comic, or are you signing up for the main exchange as well?

To clarify, I'm treating the intro comic in a similar manner to a standard cover image (this was the last one I did), where I get images in and work them into the piece. So all you really need to to is PM me an image to work with, with a transparent background.
5 days ago, 5:04 PM #15
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
OK, and here we go!

Comic: Cryptida

Flags of my comic: V!, L!

(Recent) past exchanges:
Project Arc
Fantomah Rising
Crazies Inc.
Peregrine
Obscuria
Those Days so Long Ago
Key and Fulcrum

I am definitely also willing to participate in the intro comic, but I will have to come up with something good yet.
5 days ago, 8:06 PM #16
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
Yay! I've been busy lately and thought I missed this!
I'm signing up with Fantomah Rising. It has a V flag but not on these exchanges.
I can do both the comic and exchange, but I'm unclear about the roles/ poses. I can show Fantomah in both of her forms.
My recent exchanges were:
Just Another Day
Those Days So Long Ago
Selling Smiles
Serpents of Old
5 days ago, 10:03 PM #17
JC Webcomics

@Lee Lines
Think of the intro comic more like submitting characters for a cover image - I'll just be allocating them to different panels based on their role :)
4 days ago, 12:25 AM #18
ChristianRepass
voted to be eaten first
Registration date: 6th Apr 2017
1) I will be signing up with Peregrine and Odyssey of the Daybreak.
2) Peregrine has no tags, while Odyssey of the Daybreak has the V, N, and L tags.
3) I'm okay with being put with any series, regardless of tags.
4) Peregrine was assigned to NightLight & The Restless Dead in the past, while Odyssey of the Daybreak was assigned to Silk and Sword.

As for the intro comic, I plan to put in Peregrine as a security guard, while Scoloti will be a vendor.
4 days ago, 12:51 AM #19
Lt. Locust

Registration date: 10th Mar 2013
There's going to be more security guards than cosplayers XD XD
4 days ago, 2:04 AM #20
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
With that in mind I think I'll hold on deciding Fantomah's role until we see if you're short of anything!