Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - If you were forced to change your webcomic's name...

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > If you were forced to change your webcomic's name...
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4]

"If you were forced to change your webcomic's name...", Two weeks ago, 2:54 AM #1
Taily
Environment Knight
Registration date: 9th Mar 2010
... What would you change it to?

I think about this a lot! I named my comic when I was 13, and no real thought (beyond "well this is an animal pun") went into it because I never anticipated posting my stuff online or getting readers.

If I renamed my comic today, I would probably go for a short, one-word, probably all-caps 60s slang title, like KICKS.
I'm very into this sort of title, you can put it on a zine cover and it looks great.

I like KICKS because besides having a nice catchy snap to it, it's slang for good times, which is what I hope my comic evokes!

How 'bout you, what would you rename your comic?
Two weeks ago, 3:00 AM #2
LeRenardRoux
Scrabble Loser 🦊
Registration date: 27th Jul 2013
Location: at the bottom of a stair whose top is invisible with light
Please just call it FITCH.

I guess I'd fall back on the working title that I used for months: "Sun in the Night Sky"

Or like... "Space Mutiny" or something.
"To you I am nothing more than a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world...."
Two weeks ago, 3:05 AM #3
Lutztoons
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
I already had to do that before I started drawing it.

I was going to call it “Wacky Mac Massacre,” but then I realized that Wacky Mac is an existing brand of noodles. I thought about changing it to Wacky Noodle Massacre, but once I learned that Wacky Noodles are a brand of pool toys, I had to find a different title YET AGAIN. I searched for synonyms to Wacky and ended up with Krazy. Here we are.

If I had to completely change the title, I.....dunno what I’d even change it to. Maybe Noodle Hell, but probably not because that’s lame. I have a thing for freaky word salad titles.
Two weeks ago, 3:06 AM #4
Fruity20

Registration date: 20th Jul 2019
My title game is bad but if I were forced to change it...it would be fifty shades of blue...if you none of you know reference your dead to me.
Two weeks ago, 3:13 AM #5
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
oh good, a thread regarding my enduring crisis of wanting to rename Nightlight because it's an embarrassing title.

the title i've gravitated to most is "Lights in the After Hours" because it kinda captures the theme and is also a reference to the Velvet Underground.

there's others ive thought of but they're all stupid.

also

>SLAP★DADDY

found your new title, Taily
Two weeks ago, 3:14 AM #6
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
Easy. "The Princess and the Shark."
I did not give nearly enough thought into the comic's name.
Two weeks ago, 3:16 AM #7
Snarkclaw

Registration date: 9th Oct 2014
Taily:..."well this is an animal pun"...

How 'bout you, what would you rename your comic?

I would wait until you changed your comic's name and then steal that name rename my comic "Awkward Paws" because I love animal-related puns. :-) Or go with some other animal reference, probably, pun or otherwise... though probably pun.

Fun Fact: One early name idea I had was "Horsin' Around." I decided it was too long for my tastes, and lucky for me I did, or I'd have gotten lots of harassment from "Bojack Horseman" fans for ripping off the name, despite my comic predating the show by a decade.
Two weeks ago, 3:20 AM #8
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
If I were to change LECTRO's title, it'd be something like Legends of Outer City, or Outer City Warriors.

Legends, because I imagine that most superheroes wind up becoming local legends. Definitely happened with several of the ones I grew up with.

Warriors was a potential name from when I got serious with making the comic, and I came up with a reason later. Basically, The Outer City Warriors are Outer City's Superhero League - or it would be, if they had enough members.
Two weeks ago, 3:33 AM #9
Taily
Environment Knight
@Roux - Okay if I ever do a spinoff comic series that just revolves ENTIRELY around Faustus (which, actually, I'm already there), it's gonna be called FITCH, no question, I'm incredibly into that title.
I like your current title more than the working one, I'm glad you went with Turn Back The Sun! Dunno why I'm speaking in rhymes.

@Lutz - Y'know what I'm pretty into NOODLE HELL, I think I'd want it fully capitalized if it happened. NOODLE HELL
Side note, I've been meaning to try Wacky Mac pasta one of these days, I always pass by it when I'm walking through the Kosher section at the grocery and I always go "huh, wonder how that is."

@Kelty - See I like "Nightlight" as a title a lot though! I don't think you should be embarrassed about it!

>SLAP★DADDY

found your new title, Taily

@Snarkclaw - Oh dang haha, looks like I better keep my comic's name so you don't run off with it! I would say "Deer Me" is on par animal-pun-wise though, you're solid.
Two weeks ago, 3:42 AM #10
keiiii

Registration date: 4th Jul 2014
I actually hate, H A T E my comic's current title, so I've been trying to think of a better one for a long time. Still haven't found The Right One. :(

I would like the new title to feel warm, maybe with hints of being vulnerable, like a heart bared. ...Would Like a Heart Bared be a good title, I wonder...?
Two weeks ago, 3:48 AM #11
Taily
Environment Knight
Hmm! I think it's workable, maybe ditch the "Like"? A Heart Bared? I think the "Like" would make it a little clunky.
Two weeks ago, 3:58 AM #12
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
Magical Adventures Through Time And Space: Definitive Edition

Technically accurate, even if there are no other editions of the comic... and the characters travel through time and space only as much as we do irl.
Two weeks ago, 4:01 AM #13
swamp
Min-Pin Kingpin
Registration date: 8th Feb 2017
Rethe was originally Starling, so that

Addition, Left to Rot's original title was Carrion
Two weeks ago, 4:14 AM #14
harajuku_Smittle_
ride 'til I die shitposter
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
Interesting! Honestly considering my comic was called art block at one point, so maybe changing it head Failure, “What the Mind couldn’t Catch, andddd “Enos” maybe, picking good names is a workout
Two weeks ago, 4:22 AM #15
keiiii

Registration date: 4th Jul 2014
Taily:Hmm! I think it's workable, maybe ditch the "Like"? A Heart Bared? I think the "Like" would make it a little clunky.

I prefer it with the "Like" because it seems like a part of a sentence, and makes me wonder about the rest of the sentence. Though semantically it makes more sense without the like, I suppose...? Ah well, the search goes on.

Also, eons ago, I came up with the ancestor of this story. I called it... Blindingly Shiny Story so I guess I could revert to that 8D!!!
Two weeks ago, 4:48 AM #16
J-son

Registration date: 8th Nov 2017
Fl studio
Two weeks ago, 4:53 AM #17
trad118
triple PhD
Registration date: 6th Aug 2012
Still working on the details of this comic, but if I couldn't use Anak Bintang I'd just...translate it into English. It'd be call Starchild - but the working title was actually Starseed, which is apparently a UFO conspiracy thing. The More You Know (TM).
Two weeks ago, 6:45 AM #18
Mr. Awesome

Registration date: 27th Jan 2015
"Zachary & Thomas"
Two weeks ago, 7:41 AM #19
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
Something less generic and less stupid than "The Adventures of Sir Power"
Two weeks ago, 7:50 AM #20
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
The name I suggested to Jacoby: Terra Mortis.