Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - This one page: Did I have some potential improvement here?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Critique > This one page: Did I have some potential improvement here?
Pages: [1]

"This one page: Did I have some potential improvement here?", One week ago, 1:48 PM #1
friendlyel

Registration date: 8th Jul 2015
One page I on my comic I was trying to experiment with a new art style that while taking more time than usual to finish (about 3 or maybe even 4 weeks -- not a sustainable pace if I want to publish regularly), I found to end up looking better than usual.

To give a comparison, this was the last page that I completed using an older style, especially with the outer lines.

In people's honest opinion, how much better was the art style in the first page? Would anyone say that the improvement is vast enough that it would warrant the extra time needed?
One week ago, 3:12 PM #2
TanteiSakana
Registration date: 29th Dec 2009
To me, the jump in quality is extremely noticeable, but it's difficult to tell what makes the biggest difference. The lines are less wiggly, the shading is less blurred and more elaborate, the backgrounds are more detailed... it's possible doing just a few of those things could yield similar benefits without making pages take literal weeks to draw.

As much as the final result, it may be worth thinking about whether there are any fixable bottlenecks in your page production pipeline or not, and taking some notes on exactly how long each part of the process takes might be the only way to figure this out. To me, despite the improvements, pages taking 3-4 weeks is simply not a practical option, and will likely lead to burnout on your end, and disinterest on readers' end.
Pages: [1]