Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Misc Comic-Related Art Thread, Version 2.0
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22
14th Sep 2019, 2:11 AM #61
What a sucker
SPOILED for BAD ART

For the Room of Scrutiny, I drew this... slightly more detailed, yet horribly drawn Toby, deliberately drawn in an attempt to ape the "How To Draw Anime" style. Seeing that I never got the hang of my "How To Draw Superheroes" books as a child, and was told that anime was bad for your brain until my late teens, it was doomed to failure from the beginning - but now this exists and I must curse the world with it.
"Wonderland Hates You", 14th Sep 2019, 7:37 AM #62
unfeathered yet airborne
Attempting to design a cover for what will may be chapter 2.

I think I did Rex's eyes a little too wide, though.

As well as the initial shot of a character just recently introduced.
14th Sep 2019, 8:10 AM #63
pungent
I've spent years trying to get my digital art to have the same feeling as my traditional paintings.
I've been doing a lot of master studies, and I think I've finally started getting where I want...

It's not where I want exactly, yet, but it's a start and it makes me so happy to finally be on the right track.
I still need a lot more practice to get there, but I'm very pleased with this progress.
14th Sep 2019, 10:42 AM #64
Jeremy7:

and was told that anime was bad for your brain until my late teens

Who told you that? That's ridiculous. (And definitely not true) XD
Besides, your drawing isn't as bad as you think. And NO ONE is born good.
14th Sep 2019, 11:41 AM #65
Yeah, I mean, that’s like the same as saying that TV or comics is bad for your brain. I think it all depends on how you consume it.
14th Sep 2019, 2:37 PM #66
What a sucker
whiteshaix:Who told you that? That's ridiculous. (And definitely not true) XD
Besides, your drawing isn't as bad as you think. And NO ONE is born good.

My dad, thought I was becoming violent because of Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh.
14th Sep 2019, 2:55 PM #67
What? And did he had a problem with superheroes? I mean, the superheroes comic books tend to get really brutal
14th Sep 2019, 4:45 PM #68
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
deo101:I've spent years trying to get my digital art to have the same feeling as my traditional paintings.
I've been doing a lot of master studies, and I think I've finally started getting where I want...

It's not where I want exactly, yet, but it's a start and it makes me so happy to finally be on the right track.
I still need a lot more practice to get there, but I'm very pleased with this progress.

looks so cool! your painting is always so impressive, good luck to getting it where you want! :o
14th Sep 2019, 8:31 PM #69
pungent
khkddn:looks so cool! your painting is always so impressive, good luck to getting it where you want! :o

Thank you!!!
All I want to do now is paint more things but I have too much homework so I can't...
Hopefully I can keep up this momentum in a few days haha
14th Sep 2019, 11:27 PM #70
Environment Knight
Deo, it's been super inspiring watching your art skills reach new heights over the years. I really admire all the time you put into improving your craft.

Anyhoooo I wanted to post a background-only version of my latest comic's first panel because it was very relaxing to work on~

15th Sep 2019, 6:43 AM #71
pungent
Taily:Deo, it's been super inspiring watching your art skills reach new heights over the years. I really admire all the time you put into improving your craft.

Thank you so much... This is incredibly kind

Also I am LOVING the Hanna Barbera feeling of this background, this is really lovely
15th Sep 2019, 10:50 PM #72
🕎 Light it up 🕎
When he see those applesauce cups balancing on that twerkin', jigglin' ass

15th Sep 2019, 10:59 PM #73
loved birds way before they were the word
Taily:Deo, it's been super inspiring watching your art skills reach new heights over the years. I really admire all the time you put into improving your craft.

Anyhoooo I wanted to post a background-only version of my latest comic's first panel because it was very relaxing to work on~

DAYUM, Taily! This is lookin GOOD! I love the light texture you painted into it. And this does look very much like a mid-century cartoon background.

Merged Doublepost:

Shekets:When he see those applesauce cups balancing on that twerkin', jigglin' ass

That damn expression means you’d better be packing heat. Or not, because bullets won’t do shit.
15th Sep 2019, 11:25 PM #74
I drew some of my characters as chibis. :P

Kayla, Alex and Jessi.

15th Sep 2019, 11:38 PM #75

Maybe this doesn’t count as art, but when my sis was reading old pages I was really struck by how much Kat changed all over the place in chapter two as I experimented with my art style. I know comic artists are supposed to be consistent, but I honest find it really enjoyable to see all the changes the characters went through, and I’m excited to see how they may change in the future. (I’ll try to be maybe a LITTLE more consistent though).
16th Sep 2019, 9:23 AM #76
ShaRose49:Image

Maybe this doesn’t count as art, but when my sis was reading old pages I was really struck by how much Kat changed all over the place in chapter two as I experimented with my art style. I know comic artists are supposed to be consistent, but I honest find it really enjoyable to see all the changes the characters went through, and I’m excited to see how they may change in the future. (I’ll try to be maybe a LITTLE more consistent though).

To be honest, you can do a lot of stuff if you let yor artstyle be inconsistent
16th Sep 2019, 4:35 PM #77
Environment Knight
ShaRose, I feel like every time you post something in here your art is better!! Your shading in particular is looking real good these days... keep it up!

Deo:I am LOVING the Hanna Barbera feeling of this background, this is really lovely

Lutzbug:DAYUM, Taily! This is lookin GOOD! I love the light texture you painted into it. And this does look very much like a mid-century cartoon background.

Thanks, you two!! Lutz, I've been really benefiting from studying Maurice Noble's work; thank you so much for giving me his name. His style is exactly what I've been wanting to evoke in my comic, but up until you told me about him I had no idea he was the mind behind the style, you know?
17th Sep 2019, 2:46 AM #78
loved birds way before they were the word
Taily:Lutz, I've been really benefiting from studying Maurice Noble's work; thank you so much for giving me his name. His style is exactly what I've been wanting to evoke in my comic, but up until you told me about him I had no idea he was the mind behind the style, you know?

You're welcome!!! I'm glad you benefited from his work!

_

Muh payday $$$ came in. I finally bit the bullet and bought the Debaser low-fi comic art kit for Procreate from True Grit Texture Supply. (along with a few other kits, SHHHHH)

I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM OMG

They said they've been working on versions for Clip Studio, btw. There's a large demand for it.

Gideon is losing the fight not to puke.

Gabriel is suspicious, as usual.
17th Sep 2019, 3:57 AM #79
Taily:ShaRose, I feel like every time you post something in here your art is better!! Your shading in particular is looking real good these days... keep it up!

Thanks, you two!! Lutz, I've been really benefiting from studying Maurice Noble's work; thank you so much for giving me his name. His style is exactly what I've been wanting to evoke in my comic, but up until you told me about him I had no idea he was the mind behind the style, you know?

Aaaaaah, thank you so much!! I really enjoy shading (at least shading on characters) this is really encouraging and makes me more inspired to move forward! <3<3<3

Merged Doublepost:

BustyLaroo:I drew some of my characters as chibis. :P

Kayla, Alex and Jessi.

Your art is gorgeous and so sparkly!! I friggin’ love the texture here, reminds me of stuff I saw at an anime convention
17th Sep 2019, 6:17 PM #80
ShaRose49:

Your art is gorgeous and so sparkly!! I friggin’ love the texture here, reminds me of stuff I saw at an anime convention

Haha, thank you so much :D I was trying to emulate all those adorable anime-style chibis you see some artists do. It was also a great way to play with my copics, which I only just got this year. <3 <3 <3

Posting another image, an updated version of my Chapter 2 title page. This one is done with watercolor, using multiliners for the ... well... lines. :P

Merged Doublepost:

Lutzbug:You're welcome!!! I'm glad you benefited from his work!

_

Muh payday $$$ came in. I finally bit the bullet and bought the Debaser low-fi comic art kit for Procreate from True Grit Texture Supply. (along with a few other kits, SHHHHH)

I AM IN LOVE WITH THEM OMG

They said they've been working on versions for Clip Studio, btw. There's a large demand for it.

Those images look fantastic :D I love your funky, crazy style!