Forum > Shameless Advertisement > COMICAD.NET! A new comic ad network is in town! :)
Pages: 1 2 3
"COMICAD.NET! A new comic ad network is in town! :)", 26th Aug 2019, 3:03 PM #1
Have you guys heard of COMICAD.NET yet?

"New Comicad.net Update", 27th Feb 2020, 1:48 PM #2
27th Feb 2020, 2:05 PM #3
Kyo
🐊
please make it more clear from now on when advertising this service that you are affiliated with them, and keep it to the proper advertisement section
27th Feb 2020, 2:14 PM #4
I did and it changed everything!
27th Feb 2020, 2:15 PM #5
What if I don't want to get money and I just want more page views?
28th Feb 2020, 3:45 AM #6
Kyo:please make it more clear from now on when advertising this service that you are affiliated with them, and keep it to the proper advertisement section

Will do. Shameless advertisement is the correct spot, is it not?

MK_Wizard:I did and it changed everything!

I hope it did. :)

Reapeageddon:What if I don't want to get money and I just want more page views?

Hey there, you can register for free and create ads to advertise on other users comics sites. There are a lot of free ad slots, so getting comic fans to see your ads and getting more page views is really easy.

You can also add some funds and bid on some high profile comics. That is entirely up to you.

(P.S. I am affiliated with comicad.net, it is why I know a lot about them).
28th Feb 2020, 3:52 AM #7
Kyo
🐊
I moved it here from general discussion, but yes it's in the correct spot now.
28th Feb 2020, 4:28 AM #8
Trying to check it, but the site won't load.
28th Feb 2020, 4:53 AM #9
Venture Capitalist
The hiccup's over.
28th Feb 2020, 3:34 PM #10
Venture Capitalist
So folks, here's the deal on why you need to be using Comic Ad Network to get exposure:

-Thanks to SJ going down, Comic Fury is seeing a whole lot more comics, and that means your time on the front page under "Recently Updated" doesn't last too long. Getting on "Popular Now" with any regularity requires daily updates and a fair number of commenting fans. Getting on "Popular Overall"... ha ha ha that's a joke and you know it, it's been totally taken over by the Pokemasters and you're not one of them.

-Getting on Top Web Comics in a meaningful way requires a) an already gigantic following or b) more time than you have in the day to play games with their voting or c) straight up cheating.

-You can't afford Google Ads.

edit: -Also, VDSD 2020 is over

You can see the other recent threads about very bad no good ways to promote your work, but at the end of the day Comic Ad Network is the quick, easy, low/no cost way to generate awareness. As a recent convert, I totally endorse this service.
28th Feb 2020, 3:49 PM #11
What a sucker
This sounds great and all but I'm gonna need some time to think on this.
28th Feb 2020, 5:11 PM #12
I want to try it too but it's kind of confusing for me. Especially the bids part.
28th Feb 2020, 8:59 PM #13
Venture Capitalist
@Timishayd: Getting an ad unit up on your own page takes barely any time at all, and getting your hype going with bids isn't much more time. That said, I think hammering together a "quick start guide" is in order.
28th Feb 2020, 9:58 PM #14
lirvilas:That said, I think hammering together a "quick start guide" is in order.

since the death of project woderful, may it rest in peace, I would appreciate this as I consider freconsilidating my future of adzertisements
"A tutorial video or comic could help", 29th Feb 2020, 1:28 AM #15
Yeah, some sort of tutorial could be done up, for sure.

But to clarify until such a graphic is made:

Bids are $ amounts you offer for your ad to show on other comic creators websites (ad units).

For example, you have 728x90 leaderboard ad that you created that links to your comic. And you find a great website on comicad network with an ad unit that accepts 728x90 leaderboard ads. You can bid on that ad space.
29th Feb 2020, 1:43 AM #16
Hm... I can't seem to add funds to my account... I wouldn't mind trying and bidding just to see what kind of traffic I get.

I'll go ahead and report the issue, but it seems like an easy enough service so far.
2nd Mar 2020, 12:54 AM #17
Venture Capitalist
Lirv’s quick publisher's guide

Put your IP to work!

1. Register for Comic Ad Network
2. Click on the blue button with your name
3. Click on “sites” icon
4. “Register new site”
5. Fill out that page, including providing a 805x460 graphic for your banner
6. Click on “Sites” icon, click on the blue button “+ Ad unit”
7. “Highest Bidder” and choose a dimension, and copy the relevant code script code
8. Go back to the Comic Fury site
9. “My Webcomics”
10. “Manage”
11. “Edit Layout”
12. Up at the top center of the screen choose “Comic Page” for the code that effects the pages with comics
13. I pasted the code at line 47, after my post-image navigation and before the comments. You can choose elsewhere.

I haven’t timed myself, but the long pole in the tent is step 5, generating that graphic. It’ll flash across the top of the Comic Ad Network website for a few days.
2nd Mar 2020, 1:52 AM #18
Kyo
🐊
Please do not post referral links on the forums. Come on, I already warned one person about not obscuring their intentions in this thread. Please do not try to turn the forums into your personal grift.
2nd Mar 2020, 1:57 AM #19
Venture Capitalist
Kyo :Please do not post referral links on the forums. Come on, I already warned one person about not obscuring their intentions in this thread. Please do not try to turn the forums into your personal grift.

Understand all and will comply.

Yeah, I'm a hustler, but I also firmly believe in this.
2nd Mar 2020, 6:43 AM #20
Oh Yeah!
lirvilas:Comic Fury is seeing a whole lot more comics, and that means your time on the front page under "Recently Updated" doesn't last too long.

No kiddin'! Gone in 60 seconds! Slight exaggeration. But ideally Kyo would add a couple of lines of code to the front page that prevent anyone else from uploading new pages for at least 12 hours after I upload a comic page, that would solve that problem neatly. (edited to add: joke.)

Smart-looking site. Thanks for the step-by-step, you weren't wrong about making the 805x460 graphic being the slow part. "Currently pending administrator review." it says. Nail-biting suspense.
Forum > Shameless Advertisement > COMICAD.NET! A new comic ad network is in town! :)
Pages: 1 2 3