Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - The 2019 Halloween Crossover Exchange!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > The 2019 Halloween Crossover Exchange!
Pages: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5]

"The 2019 Halloween Crossover Exchange!", 3rd Sep 2019, 12:32 PM #1
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
It's September, the air is getting cool, the days are getting shorter, apple cider and pumpkin spice whatever are returning to stores. We all know what it's time for: HALLOWEEN!

And as Halloween approaches, like a ship piloted by a cutout grim reaper and loaded with clowns and scarecrows, it brings along another annual event:

That's right, the 2019 Halloween Crossover Exchange! And this year... I will be the host!

The rules are the same as always. In fact, I'm taking them from an older collab post. (sorry, Proxy. To be fair, they're good rules.)
1. As always, your submission needs to feature both your characters AND characters from your assigned comic. At least one from both comics.
2. As per the title, the piece has to be Halloween-related. And that covers a broad spectrum of topics, including trick-or-treating, Jack-O' Lantern carving, scary movie watching, haunted house visiting, monster fighting, and general Hallow's Eve Revelry - and that's just scraping the surface!
3. Treat your assigned comic with respect. Don't be a jerk or you'll look bad, and kids will probably egg your house.
4. Keep your exchange piece Safe For Work. You can enter with a Not Safe For Work comic, but you'll have to tone it down.
5. If you don't want to be paired with comics that have a certain tag (for example, I don't want to have to research those with S or N tags), just mention it in the sign-up post. I understand.
6. Send me your completed artworks via PM. Please, for the sake of surprises, don't post it anywhere else.
7. If you've done this before and want to garauntee that you get a new comic assigned to you, just mention the comics you've already worked with in previous exchanges.
8. Submissions are due on Monday, October 22, 11 PM, Eastern Daylight Time. No exceptions. I will shame your name if you don't get it in on time, and a backup artist will take your place in the lineup. If you know you can't make it by the deadline, let me know by October 20, 11 PM.

Sadly, because this is my first time running a collab, I'm not ready for a collab comic. So we're stuck with an old-school title page. That said, I still need characters to fill out the page! If you want your characters in the scene, PM me a picture of your character(s) on a solid-colored background. I imagine the scene is going to be a Halloween party, so it'd be great if your character is costumed - but it's not necessary. These are due the same day as the exchange pieces, with the same rules. And if I feel like I run the risk of adding too many characters, I'll showcase the extra art in a variant cover at the end.

Okay, so, in closing:
-Signups close on September 17.
-I'll need your name, your comic's name, your comic's tags, any tags you don't want to work with, and any comic you've worked with in the past.
-Assignments go out on or before the 19th.
-Fan Art and Cover Page Art are both due before midnight on October 22. I'll send out reminders on October 4 and 12.
-The cover and intro go up on the 30th of October, and the exchanges start to go up October 31st.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
3rd Sep 2019, 12:45 PM #2
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
Yo, I'm up. I'll participate with The Adventures of Sir Power with L and V flaga.
I worked with Lectro by JeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremy (or Jeremy 7) and It's just another day by Blueraven C. hounever (I probably butchered that mame, sorry)
3rd Sep 2019, 12:46 PM #3
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Zero Hour:JeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremy

Well, that's a first.
3rd Sep 2019, 12:47 PM #4
Zero Hour

Registration date: 12th Mar 2017
Your nick is Jeremy7 and if I extend this it makes it JeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremyJeremy
3rd Sep 2019, 12:49 PM #5
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Reminds me of Potoooooooos.
3rd Sep 2019, 1:02 PM #6
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Sign me up! I love Halloween. It's the one time of the year where everyone gets to be a kid.

Merged Doublepost:

I forgot to mention that I am signing up Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.
3rd Sep 2019, 1:17 PM #7
BMR

Registration date: 4th Feb 2017
Sign me right up!

I'll be entering Ashface's Daughter which has the V and L tags. I'm fine with any tags. This is only my second time doing a collab exchange, the first of which was with Microraptor's Cryptida.
3rd Sep 2019, 1:38 PM #8
JC Webcomics

Registration date: 7th Mar 2016
I'll be signing up with The Strangest Coven. It has the V! Flag, but sits at PG-13 at most. I'm fine with any flags.

In the last year I've done exchanges for the following comics:
Dark Horse
Journey through the Starsea
I'm Not Your Friend
Cosmos

Anything past a year I'm happy to get assigned again.

And you can put me down as a backup artist. For clarity, I have no issue with repeats for backups :)
3rd Sep 2019, 1:49 PM #9
SunnySideUpSmile
Boiling water
Registration date: 8th Nov 2016
I'll sign up with the comic Photogenic! It has the tags s and l. I'm fine with all tags. Also, in Photogenic, the S and L flag don't show up, and won't anytime in the near future

I haven't done an exchange in almost a year so I remember close to no comics I've done before. Hit me up with whatever comic.

I can also backup. :)
3rd Sep 2019, 2:20 PM #10
Jay042
Keeps with the times
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
Kaza's Mate Gwenna is signing up. My comic is flagged N! and I've no problem with any flags.

My most recent exchanges were:
Zero Hour (The Adventures of Sir Power) Convention Exchange
Caley Tibbittz Collopy (Swordcat Knights) Blind Date Exchange
Toofwess (Pawprints) Christmas Show Exchange
MistakenPotatoes (Those Unknowable) Halloween Crossover Exchange
Mel C. (Waste of Time)-Comic Con
3rd Sep 2019, 2:30 PM #11
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
I'm ready to do this tango. I'm signing up with The Wide Ocean. It's got a violence tag, and I'm all right with reading any sort of tag.
I have worked with, in the past (to avoid doubling up):

Spiraphantom's "Art and Tech" - School Crossover
Eve's "Synthetic Life" - Halloween Crossover
Professor Etheric's "Autumn Bay" - Blind Date Valentine's Day
That m&m-lookin' guy, Jay042's comic "Kaza's Mate Gwenna" - Furycon 2019 Crossover
3rd Sep 2019, 3:43 PM #12
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
I'll sign up with Fantomah Rising. V flag but not on these exchanges (Does squashing bugs count?)

Recent exchanges:
Selling Smiles
Serpents of Old
Aster & Delphinium (He'll recover)
3rd Sep 2019, 4:35 PM #13
Wartooth
will never cave in to the enemy
Registration date: 23rd Mar 2017
Yeah I gotta do it too. Halloween is my jam. I sign up with the Claret Age which has language and (monster gore)violence. No S for me please, N is fine.

In the past I have worked with:
Back O' Beyond
Cosmos
Ashface's Daughter

Edit: I'm going to see if I can do a follow-up/continuation of the crossover Halloween comic I made last year.
3rd Sep 2019, 5:08 PM #14
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
On to another round!

My name: Microraptor
My comic's name: Cryptida
My comic's tags: V!, L!
And I am OK with working with all tags!

(Recent) past exchanges:
Fantomah Rising
Crazies Inc.
Peregrine
Obscuria
Those Days so Long Ago
Key and Fulcrum
Deer Me
3rd Sep 2019, 5:50 PM #15
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
I dig the poster! It's frickin' clever! And of course, thanks for hosting!

Username: BlueDragon

1) Signing up with Dark Horse (Just a head's up: I'm working on flipping the comic, it takes time. If you follow the banner in my signature, Act 1 & 2 are right to left, and Act 3 is left to right.)

2) Tags: V/L/N/S (There's no "sex" yet--it's several Acts away from that. But I have it flagged as a precaution.)

3) I'll read anything: I have no scruples XD

4) I'm happy to do any comic, including repeats. But for the sake of those entering who may desire new artists, I've done: From Dust to Ruination; Jen J and Jennifr Show; Babylon the Great; & Breath of Life.

If someone needs to back out, and I am available to do 1-2 back up pieces :3
3rd Sep 2019, 6:00 PM #16
MK_Wizard

Btw, I have never been in this exchange before and I keep it clean. Nothing NSFW. I'm a shy person.
3rd Sep 2019, 6:05 PM #17
Jeremy7
What a sucker
So, no S or N?
3rd Sep 2019, 6:10 PM #18
MK_Wizard

Neither please.
3rd Sep 2019, 6:11 PM #19
Jeremy7
What a sucker
And just to make sure, do you have any thoughts on V or L?
3rd Sep 2019, 6:17 PM #20
MK_Wizard

I can bend a bit with either as long as the V is nothing too gory.