Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Character feature for fun

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Character feature for fun
Pages: [1] [2]

"Character feature for fun", 12 days ago, 12:46 PM #1
whiteshaix

Registration date: 28th Jul 2015
Since many of my panels are pretty crowded, I'm often in need of random background characters. Rather than wasting time to create a guy/girl/alien/whatever that I'll never draw again, I think it's a lot more fun featuring other people's OCs. I started the trend on DeviantArt but since I disappeared for years most of my watchers are gone.
So, if anyone wants to have his/her character drawn in my style and walking/sitting/doing their thing on the background, just tell me and I'll place them where I think it's appropriate (if they're hardcore pacifists I won't put them in a bar fight, so to say).
Example: three characters and a cat in this page belong to some of my past DA watchers. They're the blue-skinned guy in panel 2 and the two dudes sitting at the table in the bottom panel.

IF you want to do the same with any of my characters you're welcome, but it's not mandatory, I do it for fun after all.
12 days ago, 1:51 PM #2
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
Gotta love cameos! :-D

You can take one of the two persons (or both) from this page. The bearded guy with the harpoon is Sören Lüng, the woman with the gun is Major Selene Wildebees. (An alternate outfit is her being in uniform, if something remotely like that makes sense in your setting.)
12 days ago, 4:47 PM #3
whiteshaix

Microraptor:
if something remotely like that makes sense in your setting.)

Well, even if it doesn't, people are constantly watching 3D TV/reading magazines anyway. It could be fiction in my universe. :D
I already have something in mind for the bearded guy, but that scene will come in chapter 4 of Atlantis.
12 days ago, 5:18 PM #4
Timelapse11
goes fast
Registration date: 14th May 2017
Sounds fun :3 I don't really have a specific character, so you can pick any character from here
12 days ago, 5:21 PM #5
Centcomm
Powerhouse
Registration date: 5th May 2012
feel free to pick anyone from my comic :D i have all kinds - hell ill even get cha back!~
12 days ago, 5:39 PM #6
Xailenrath
unfeathered yet airborne
Registration date: 26th Sep 2014
I've got a character or three known for travelling through space, time and other planets/dimensions and getting into trouble.
If you need backgrounders, particularly on TV or in magazines and such, feel free to use
The Misfits of Mischief!

12 days ago, 6:15 PM #7
whiteshaix

Thanks to everyone who replied, I'll start drawing cameos as soon as the page I'm currently working on is finished. ;)
@Centcomm, I already started reading Data Chasers and I love it.
12 days ago, 6:46 PM #8
apool

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Location: universe, section4, virgo cluster, milky way, orion arm, solar system, earth, italy
you can take one of the my OC if you want, they are an alien race. you can play with the colors, the males are green and the females pink.

Ciao! :)
12 days ago, 6:53 PM #9
whiteshaix

@apool: Do you have a specific one that's a leader or authority figure? Then put the profile somewhere or link that page, thank you. I actually needed aliens for Helystyal's engagement party - it's a big galaxy. ;)
12 days ago, 7:28 PM #10
apool

Registration date: 21st Oct 2015
Location: universe, section4, virgo cluster, milky way, orion arm, solar system, earth, italy
i have the characters for you, captain Tatix could be the right one. He is the classic authoritarian figure of a military ship capitan. You can find him here

Tatix at the helm

I also have the supreme commander of jeima
Supreme commander
but he won't be one of the main characters like Tatix.
i'm still at the start of my comic so i've just introduced them
12 days ago, 8:40 PM #11
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
Hm. How do you feel about the idea of superheroes being there? I know from my comic's standpoint, with my characters traveling between universes a lot, it's understandable how they'd get to be there, but I could see how it could look out of place in your comic.
12 days ago, 8:46 PM #12
whiteshaix

apool:i have the characters for you, captain Tatix could be the right one. He is the classic authoritarian figure of a military ship capitan. You can find him here
I also have the supreme commander of jeima

I think in this case the supreme commander would fit better, since it's an upperclass party (I doubt a mere captain would ever be invited to a princess's engagement reception!)

Merged Doublepost:

shastab24:Hm. How do you feel about the idea of superheroes being there? I know from my comic's standpoint, with my characters traveling between universes a lot, it's understandable how they'd get to be there, but I could see how it could look out of place in your comic.

My characters could watch a superhero TV show, though. Or read their comics :D
12 days ago, 8:55 PM #13
Kei Esteban
Catgirl Connoisseur
Registration date: 11th Feb 2018
Your Art is so Legit!

Please feel free to use any of my characters.
(I'm actually ok, with anyone here on CF, using them)

Yuria (A twin-tailed Karate Kitsune) would love to be in a bar fight!
(Even tho she's too young to drink, she can still be there, just looking for fights!)
Random page of her wanting to fight!
Her fighting Ninjas!

12 days ago, 8:56 PM #14
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
Ariane always fits into a bar scene. She spends a lot of her life in bars. And she's a multiverse travelling witch, so familiar with all kinds of worlds.

12 days ago, 11:06 PM #15
whiteshaix

Kei Esteban:

Yuria (A twin-tailed Karate Kitsune) would love to be in a bar fight!

Yuria will kick some @$$ very soon. :°°°°D

Merged Doublepost:

Stilldown:Ariane always fits into a bar scene. She spends a lot of her life in bars. And she's a multiverse travelling witch, so familiar with all kinds of worlds.

Oooh, a witch! I like her.
11 days ago, 4:02 AM #16
Kei Esteban
Catgirl Connoisseur
Registration date: 11th Feb 2018
@Whiteshaix

Awesome, I'm sure she'll have a great time! XD

Next chapter, I could use some extras, at a Cultural Festival.
I'm sure I could easily place one of your's there!

11 days ago, 10:28 AM #17
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
whiteshaix:My characters could watch a superhero TV show, though. Or read their comics :D

That makes sense. Anyways, probably the best image to have all my characters together in one spot (while I'm currently too busy inking three upcoming issues to draw references of all my characters at the moment) is on the cover page found here.
11 days ago, 11:02 AM #18
whiteshaix

shastab24:That makes sense. Anyways, probably the best image to have all my characters together in one spot (while I'm currently too busy inking three upcoming issues to draw references of all my characters at the moment) is on the cover page

That's good for reference, could you just send me a PM describing briefly their powers?
11 days ago, 2:37 PM #19
Stilldown

Registration date: 19th Nov 2016
I forgot the references. Of course, reading the comic will be even more helpful, but here are some pics.

10 days ago, 7:30 AM #20
whiteshaix

@Stilldown
Thank you. I will read all the comics too, just one at a time until I catch up. I'm still a bit rusty after the hiatus and need a lot of drawing practice, so most of my free time is devoted to that.
(Nice shoes btw, I'd totally wear them :D)
Pages: [1] [2]