Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - No good deed goes ununished.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > No good deed goes ununished.
Pages: [1]

"No good deed goes ununished.", 9 days ago, 1:09 PM #1
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
Has this happened to you, and to what degree? (How unfair/shitty did it get?)

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

9 days ago, 3:20 PM #2
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
Sometimes if we let people go in front of us in a line, they end up having a trillion silly things they're doing in addition at the check out.

It's a minor inconvenience, and I'm not going to stop being polite, but it does sometimes make me regret being polite. On vacation (boo hoo, right?) we let this lady go ahead of us at the hotel. We thought it was going to be a quick check in, but there was some kind of communication breakdown between both the employee and the customer and the lady kept not wanting to put down the refundable deposit, and she didn't have the ID for such and such, and it took literally 30 minutes while they argued about it.

But...we finally got our room, and there were couches, so we just sucked it up and chatted with the other people waiting for the nonsense to end.
8 days ago, 5:15 AM #3
Chernobog

Registration date: 5th Jun 2012
I once ran across a street in front of a moving car to grab a family friend's less-than-aware son. The mother was doing her usual babbling thing, not paying attention at the time. I was then told what I did was unnecessary and that he would have been fine.

Another time, I stopped a car from rolling down a slope into an even lower gap between buildings. It was a pizza guy's car and he just left the thing 'parked' in neutral on a hill. He comes out of the building and says nothing to me. Rather, he acts like I was trying to steal it and speeds off.

I've managed to return a few wallets in my day. One of them involved me hunting down the guy's address and delivering it in person, after I found his wallet in the middle of a street. Because the money and credit cards were gone, he was less than enthused and grilled me, implying I stole them. Yes genius, I returned your wallet in person after looting it dry.

True, these are less punishments and more just acts of suspicion and ingratitude. The moral is to help no one.

Check out my new novel, available on Amazon!
Desperate By Dusk

Arachnid Goddess 2

My DeviantArt page
8 days ago, 11:49 AM #4
CrosEL

BlueDragon:Sometimes if we let people go in front of us in a line, they end up having a trillion silly things they're doing in addition at the check out.

It's a minor inconvenience, and I'm not going to stop being polite, but it does sometimes make me regret being polite. On vacation (boo hoo, right?) we let this lady go ahead of us at the hotel. We thought it was going to be a quick check in, but there was some kind of communication breakdown between both the employee and the customer and the lady kept not wanting to put down the refundable deposit, and she didn't have the ID for such and such, and it took literally 30 minutes while they argued about it.

But...we finally got our room, and there were couches, so we just sucked it up and chatted with the other people waiting for the nonsense to end.

I wish there was a "spidey sense" thing that would go off when stuff like this is about to go down. Being polite is great-and I agree with continuing to be polite... ...I just wish it didn't hinder in this situation..

Merged Doublepost:

Chernobog:

I've managed to return a few wallets in my day. One of them involved me hunting down the guy's address and delivering it in person, after I found his wallet in the middle of a street. Because the money and credit cards were gone, he was less than enthused and grilled me, implying I stole them. Yes genius, I returned your wallet in person after looting it dry.

True, these are less punishments and more just acts of suspicion and ingratitude. The moral is to help no one.

Experienced something similar to this, and it honestly makes me mad (again) just reading this. No thief would bother with finding one's address at all, unless they were going in to take even more. Also agreeing with the moral: Because who can help a idiot?

8 days ago, 12:17 PM #5
Bear

Registration date: 6th Dec 2011
Some years back I agreed to take an old lady shopping, with mutual friends who usually took her, but were off on a cruise. So they gave her my number, and sure enough, several days later she rang...

First we went to a solicitors' - about 30 minutes ; then the bank - another 30 ; finally the supermarket. Not a big one - strip out all the shelves and I doubt you could run an NFL game in there. Nevertheless, when I went to the men's room, I lost her...and my wallet !. I searched the aisles, then went back to the car and rang people....and while talking, she emerged from one of the exits, after 45 minutes.

$70 is bugger-all, in the grand scheme of things, but getting driving licence, medicare card, bank cards, etc. replaced is a complete pain-on-the-arse B-)
8 days ago, 12:27 PM #6
Shekets
🕎 Light it up 🕎
Registration date: 4th Apr 2017
I gave one of my coworkers a ride every night for about a month, INCLUDING my days off.
He's 18/19 years old and he's a boy pretending to be a man (he's got "shit to prove", won't swallow his pride and hasn't learned to be humble or empathetic yet). He was very disrespectful towards me so I stopped giving him a ride, in addition to my boss changing my hours to much later.
A couple weeks ago, I had a mental breakdown and cried in my car for 2 hours, but still stuck around to give him a ride.
On Labor Day, he spent an hour arguing on his phone with his girlfriend about birth control while I drove him to Walmart.

When I told him I wasn't giving him rides anymore, he laughed in my face and said "I don't care, that's fine!"
Ungrateful little shit.

Since I won't give him a ride, he can't do overtime anymore lol. I get stuck doing more work, of course, but I get that shit done.

He can get his license and his own damn car. He needs to learn to be more respectful too. :/
8 days ago, 12:31 PM #7
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Once I did a free request on DA, but that prick didn't even comment nor favor it...
8 days ago, 5:24 PM #8
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
did you know that cops will threaten to fine or arrest you if you hand out water bottles to homeless people or pick up trash on the side of the road?

did you know that most homeless people don't want anything other than money, and if you give a panhandler on the side of the road an umbrella during a rainstorm, he won't even use it?

did you know that if you're a server and you're nice to your customers, that if you're serving a couple who're on a date, the girlfriend will get super pissed at you and think you're flirting with her generally unattractive boyfriend and refuse to tip you incredibly loudly and call you a slut despite just giving the same quality of service to everyone you have?

did you know that most people don't thank you or return favors when you stick your neck out for them or have to sacrifice your time and energy to help them out, and will even outright mock you if you ask them for a favor?

long story short, just keep being nice to people irl and be a kind and reliable person regardless of how shitty you're treated because maybe someday it'll make some sort of difference. in the meantime, be petty and argumentative on the internet to get out some of your frustrations.
One week ago, 8:43 AM #9
BMR

Registration date: 4th Feb 2017
keltyzoid!:did you know that cops will threaten to fine or arrest you if you hand out water bottles to homeless people or pick up trash on the side of the road?

did you know that most homeless people don't want anything other than money, and if you give a panhandler on the side of the road an umbrella during a rainstorm, he won't even use it?

I don't know about the umbrella thing, but as for homeless not accepting food or drinks, that just makes sense to me. I thought it was weird/rude at first, but then I got it when some homeless people told me about how some assholes would give out poisoned food and drinks to them, just for shits and giggles. They say it's just safer for them to not accept any food. Sure, the person giving them out may well be on the level, but they don't want to gamble with their lives so just ask for money instead.
One week ago, 9:52 AM #10
Socratatus

Registration date: 9th Aug 2019
CrosEL:Has this happened to you, and to what degree? (How unfair/shitty did it get?)

Oh, it`s happened to me a fair few times. I be nice; I get kicked in the face for it. Some people will just attack you just because. I`m pretty choosy in who I help now- too many passive-aggressive people out there.

It`s the way of the world, I`m afraid. But there are the good few who actually appreciate when you do something for them, I`ve seen it.

I`d rather not go into details.
One week ago, 12:30 PM #11
Bolderousness
persevered past being called "boulderousness"
Registration date: 24th Aug 2018
Some times, when you give money to a hobo or volunteer org, nothing good or profitable actually comes your way.

Who'd have guess charity was one-sided?

I'd still do it again.
One week ago, 2:45 PM #12
keltyzoid!
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Registration date: 13th Feb 2015
BMR:I don't know about the umbrella thing, but as for homeless not accepting food or drinks, that just makes sense to me. I thought it was weird/rude at first, but then I got it when some homeless people told me about how some assholes would give out poisoned food and drinks to them, just for shits and giggles. They say it's just safer for them to not accept any food. Sure, the person giving them out may well be on the level, but they don't want to gamble with their lives so just ask for money instead.

holy shit, i didn't know that. now i just feel like an asshole.
One week ago, 2:51 PM #13
BMR

Registration date: 4th Feb 2017
Yeah, I didn't know it at first either. Honestly, it never even crossed my mind that there would be some scumbag out there who would get his jollies by deliberately poisoning a fellow human being who just happens to be down on his luck at the moment. Guess I'm naive like that. When I learned about it from some homeless folks, I was pretty disgusted that there are people who do that shit.
One week ago, 3:00 PM #14
CrosEL

Bear:Some years back I agreed to take an old lady shopping, with mutual friends who usually took her, but were off on a cruise. So they gave her my number, and sure enough, several days later she rang...

First we went to a solicitors' - about 30 minutes ; then the bank - another 30 ; finally the supermarket. Not a big one - strip out all the shelves and I doubt you could run an NFL game in there. Nevertheless, when I went to the men's room, I lost her...and my wallet !. I searched the aisles, then went back to the car and rang people....and while talking, she emerged from one of the exits, after 45 minutes.

$70 is bugger-all, in the grand scheme of things, but getting driving licence, medicare card, bank cards, etc. replaced is a complete pain-on-the-arse B-)

This sounds so wrong, (mostly because she's a old lady)... But: she needs to kicked in the face! She can't go anywhere by herself it seems, and she chooses to steal from someone who's kind enough to help!? The last thing on my mind when I get a ride, is STEALING THE DRIVER'S WALLET!! Seriously, it's like she's a professional thief who uses the fact that she's old to get away with junk...

Merged Doublepost:

Shekets:I gave one of my coworkers a ride every night for about a month, INCLUDING my days off.
He's 18/19 years old and he's a boy pretending to be a man (he's got "shit to prove", won't swallow his pride and hasn't learned to be humble or empathetic yet). He was very disrespectful towards me so I stopped giving him a ride, in addition to my boss changing my hours to much later.
A couple weeks ago, I had a mental breakdown and cried in my car for 2 hours, but still stuck around to give him a ride.
On Labor Day, he spent an hour arguing on his phone with his girlfriend about birth control while I drove him to Walmart.

When I told him I wasn't giving him rides anymore, he laughed in my face and said "I don't care, that's fine!"
Ungrateful little shit.

Since I won't give him a ride, he can't do overtime anymore lol. I get stuck doing more work, of course, but I get that shit done.

He can get his license and his own damn car. He needs to learn to be more respectful too. :/

Sounds like you met one of my brothers..

Merged Doublepost:

TheStrangerous:Once I did a free request on DA, but that prick didn't even comment nor favor it...

This happened to me a lot: would it KILL people to at least say thanks!!!? I mean, come on: it's free, yet saying/typing 2 words would mean the world to the artist!

Merged Doublepost:

Socratatus:too many passive-aggressive people out there.

It`s the way of the world, I`m afraid. But there are the good few who actually appreciate when you do something for them, I`ve seen it.

I`d rather not go into details.

Yeah, know how this feels. That's why I didn't post what happened to me, either...

Merged Doublepost:

Bolderousness:Some times, when you give money to a hobo or volunteer org, nothing good or profitable actually comes your way.

Who'd have guess charity was one-sided?

I'd still do it again.

? Well, charity is suppose to be one-sided: you give to the less fortunate in hopes that'll help them live.
The profit is suppose to be knowing you did the right thing, but... I heard most organizations
keep the money to themselves. I say do a background check if possible, before donating to any charity..
Then when you KNOW you're money's helping someone: Something good WILL come your way.

(Not trying to give stereotypical answer, but have helped people who said they don't need me.. so yeah,
I know how it feels to not profit anything from volunteering to help...)

One week ago, 6:23 PM #15
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
keltyzoid!:holy shit, i didn't know that. now i just feel like an asshole.

I don't think you should feel like an asshole...you just need to watch American Psycho. (just kidding)

In all honesty, I, too got a little offended when I bought a homeless dude some Thai food. I thought they were just being choosy beggars, but I wrote it off and figured maybe a stray dog would eat what they left behind (they left it out where I could see it XD) More likely stray rats got it.

Yeah, this make a lot of sense. I learned something new today.