Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Deviant problem

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > General discussion > Deviant problem
Pages: [1] [2]

"Deviant problem", 10 days ago, 8:57 PM #1
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
Alright, for those who use it: You KNOW how important scripts, footnotes and reminders are for your comic/you, right?
Well... for me: (due to my devices losing power fast and glitching like HELL) I use the Wii U to write my script
on Deviant Art, right? It's done on the Journal and copy/pasted onto my tablet as a Note, which I'll use
if I can't access the site only, because somehow keeping the Notes open uses SO Much more power(?)

But... yesterday, I saw the Eclipse button and STUPIDLY tapped it out of morbid curiosity: I can't use a goddamn site anymore...
Apparently: EVERY browser on all devices I have access to, are too old or Deviant Art ignores them completely???
I can't use my Journal at all, and when I FINALLY found what I believe to be the switch to change things back,
It doesn't work (LIKE everything else!) I'll admit: I think I can still favorite, search and reply to people and notes...
but uploading and writing Journal's is out... So...

Would someone PLEASE suggest another site to me where I could paste all the journal entries, and upload the artwork and other junk that I would need to continue UBERNATURA's script? I'm planning on doing what I've should've done in the first place and... leave DeviantArt!

(One more time: My tablet will NOT support my writing and drawing on it, using it for both is not a option!)

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

10 days ago, 9:29 PM #2
KarToon12

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
So far, I haven't encountered any problems like that on deviantArt, though on one of my older laptops, it's giving me the "update your browser" message, so I'm not sure why it's glitching so much for you.

But as for alternate options, could you use Facebook? Or even the notes here on CF?
10 days ago, 9:30 PM #3
whiteshaix

Registration date: 28th Jul 2015
Well, sorry if it seems obvious, but if you have device issues, why not writing the script on paper? Maybe on a small book that you can bring with you everywhere?
10 days ago, 10:14 PM #4
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
I use Dropbox to share things between my devices. The free version has 2g storage. You can create links with it to post online too.
10 days ago, 10:31 PM #5
Marcel

Registration date: 27th Jan 2018
I use OneDrive. 5gb of storage for free.
9 days ago, 1:39 AM #6
CrosEL

Merged Doublepost:

Lee Lines:I use Dropbox to share things between my devices. The free version has 2g storage. You can create links with it to post online too.

Merged Doublepost:

Marcel:I use OneDrive. 5gb of storage for free.

You can type into either of these?
I'm storing my scripts on a SD, but I need a
place to write to, since my devices can
apparently only do one main action during
a use.

Merged Doublepost:

whiteshaix:Well, sorry if it seems obvious, but if you have device issues, why not writing the script on paper? Maybe on a small book that you can bring with you everywhere?

I used to have many books, but money's a slight thing now...
Besides, the place I'm in is kinda crowded and full of people
who'll toss your private stuff if they think it's "useless"...

Merged Doublepost:

KarToon12:So far, I haven't encountered any problems like that on deviantArt, though on one of my older laptops, it's giving me the "update your browser" message, so I'm not sure why it's glitching so much for you.

But as for alternate options, could you use Facebook? Or even the notes here on CF?

I'll try Facebook... Can you really blog there?
I thought you could only message?

Also CAN'T use CF for the possibility of my getting fans for UBERNATURA, it'll be like:

Actually, maybe don't look at the spoilers: it's paranoia...

9 days ago, 2:59 AM #7
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
Dropbox has an add-on called Paper for writing. You can write and acess it on any device Dropbox is installed on, or create a link to share it.
9 days ago, 4:34 AM #8
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
Registration date: 27th Mar 2015
doesn't Google Docs/Drive work? owo'

also, sorry if i'm misunderstanding, but "notes here on ComicFury" is referring to the Author Notepad at the bottom of the webcomic management page, which is totally private
9 days ago, 5:17 AM #9
Phoenix In Crisis

Registration date: 26th Sep 2019
I'm still using LiveJournal for scripting and writing purposes. It has served me pretty well for 2 decades. Simple html and such.
Crisis On Infinite Earths.
Final Crisis.
9 days ago, 3:23 PM #10
CrosEL

fedoramoron:doesn't Google Docs/Drive work? owo'

also, sorry if i'm misunderstanding, but "notes here on ComicFury" is referring to the Author Notepad at the bottom of the webcomic management page, which is totally private

Ahhhh... I forgot about those!

(Also, can't usr Google Docs or Drive because I'm doing this on Wii U, which can barely activate anything. And I'm using it, because my tablet doesn't like exerting itself.)

Merged Doublepost:

Phoenix In Crisis:I'm still using LiveJournal for scripting and writing purposes. It has served me pretty well for 2 decades. Simple html and such.

Ironically: I used to use that for UBERNATURA, but
the lagging got worse and worse, and it actually would erase entire chapters!
So I moved to Deviant Art...

And now Deviant Art's being messy...

Merged Doublepost:

Lee Lines:Dropbox has an add-on called Paper for writing. You can write and acess it on any device Dropbox is installed on, or create a link to share it.

I didn't know: thanks for this information.
(Though, I'm unsure if any of devices has the
streanth to go there.)

9 days ago, 5:00 PM #11
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
the suggestions in this thread are pretty good, but are you sure you can't turn that Eclipse crap off? I managed to do it after the browser loaded enough things.

I guess we can add DA to the long list of sites who like to fix what isn't broken, anyway. that old layout wasn't perfect, but it was one of the few good things left on this site, and still infinitely better than yet another drastic redesign trying to be relevant. (and where are the llamas in Eclipse mode?? DA without llamas is inconceivable!) for now, though, it seems we can still choose it and forget Eclipse is even an option.
9 days ago, 6:21 PM #12
whiteshaix

Registration date: 28th Jul 2015
I never understood that lama thing. What's the point?
I don't even know if I should be flattered or insulted when people give me one.
9 days ago, 6:38 PM #13
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
I mean, it is kind of useless, but I find it pretty funny, and it's probably a site mascot by now.

it's really just a "like". people give llamas to someone when they like what they see on their page, or the artist themselves, or whatever.
9 days ago, 7:03 PM #14
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
ComicFury allows extra files. Or you can create a new ComicFury site and hide it from other readers, then use that to edit and upload stuff behind the scenes.

If you're really desperate, you can use webmail as cloud storage. Just email yourself your own text files and images.
9 days ago, 10:58 PM #15
CrosEL

Matt Comics:the suggestions in this thread are pretty good, but are you sure you can't turn that Eclipse crap off?

I tried, I tried, I tried so many times!!!!!! I reloaded, waited until everything was completely done: PRESSED EVERYTHING and the only thing I could do was: open menus and browse. (Nothing in the menus worked either) I hate Eclipse EVER SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was wondered why people were pissed, and now I know. It LITERALLY DOESN'T WORK!!!

... sorry, it makes me fustrated just thinking about the staring at the page/site for what felt like hours...

Merged Doublepost:

whiteshaix:I never understood that lama thing. What's the point?
I don't even know if I should be flattered or insulted when people give me one.

I know the feeling: I tried looking it up a little.. and you can give them for artwork, and birthdays... I'm unsure what the purpose is beyond being "currency" or "Good job" badge(s)?

Merged Doublepost:

Robotwin.com:ComicFury allows extra files. Or you can create a new ComicFury site and hide it from other readers, then use that to edit and upload stuff behind the scenes.

If you're really desperate, you can use webmail as cloud storage. Just email yourself your own text files and images.

Yeah, someone else suggested this too. Maybe I WILL do it, and hope it really DOES stay hidden... Then I won't need to deal with trying to do it on crazy Facebook... Geez.. Setting up to do that there was irritating in and of itself: I can only imagine how copy/pasting the script/files will go...

One more question, at the risk of sounding like a turd: Does CF ever go off at night? That's when I do the script, it'll suck to write everything, then save.. then it actually doesn't save and in fact erases ALL the text, pictures ect I put into the script. And I get palpitations and headaches like I did with LiveJournal...
(Again, I apologize: That experience also almost made me throw the gamepad and start screaming until blood pours from my eyes...)

9 days ago, 11:37 PM #16
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
Registration date: 27th Mar 2015

--

Anyway, email might be best. If you keep your email neat and tidy or even make a new address for it that could work. Private CF page would work just as well, literally no one will find it if you don't advertise it anyway.
Facebook is not recommended ;v;
8 days ago, 12:40 PM #17
CrosEL

Alright, Private CF page it is, because...
Most other stuff suggested can't be used on Wii U,
just learned that I HAVE been using the Author Pad here
but it's certainly not what I'm looking for in terms of
writing and scrolling through a script. And I hope I don't
derp and somehow lose the extra page myself (Which admittedly
MIGHT be possible for me, from the viewing side: unless I take
time to copy down the web address.. You can't see it at all without directly
using that, right?)

...Nevermind, thank you everybody.. And I'm crossing my fingers
that I won't do something stupid.

"Secret EclipsedAway Switch", 8 days ago, 2:35 PM #18
xwindows
ascii man
Registration date: 23rd Dec 2014
CrosEL:Apparently: EVERY browser on all devices I have access to, are too old or Deviant Art ignores them completely???
I can't use my Journal at all, and when I FINALLY found what I believe to be the switch to change things back,
It doesn't work (LIKE everything else!) I'll admit: I think I can still favorite, search and reply to people and notes...

On-site version switch didn't work for me too, but following procedure did:

Try logging in to DeviantART, then click this link. (Note that it will just return 403 error if you aren't logged in)
8 days ago, 11:59 PM #19
CrosEL

I think I did something wrong, please tell me what I've done after I recount a few minutes earlier:

I tapped the link and was taken to a FORBIDDEN PAGE, so was lead back to the old Deviant Art gallery! I was getting excited as I scrolled around, until I learned that this process logged me out. (I was still currently logged into DA as I am with every site: I never log out..) So I tried to send myself a note and prompted the LOG IN form, after filling it out: the page reloads to Eclipse again.

I didn't get the error page, just the forbidden thing: so I WAS logged in, until I was directed to the gallery. But somehow the thing SPECIFICALLY remembered that "I wanted Eclipse"...
In all honesty: thanks for this, I thought it was going to work, too... But Deviant Art Eclipse seems to be made for trolling people...

One week ago, 12:11 AM #20
Phoenix In Crisis

Registration date: 26th Sep 2019
CrosEL:But Deviant Art Eclipse seems to be made for trolling people...

One of the reasons that I restarted my DA experience by repurposing one of my old journals that I had started 7 years ago, but never used.
It seems that ALL new DA accounts are given Eclipse whether they want it or not.
The older ones still have a choice.
Never, EVER switch to Eclipse if you can help it.
(I don't think they let your switch back!)
Crisis On Infinite Earths.
Final Crisis.
Forum > General discussion > Deviant problem
Pages: [1] [2]