Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Minor Annoyances

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: [1] [2]

"Minor Annoyances", One week ago, 11:31 AM #1
JammyTheBirb
Birb is the Worb
Registration date: 17th Aug 2012
So, I feel like it's be nice to have a place to moan.

There is the Grievances Thread, but the things mentioned there tend to be serious and important and I think it'd be good to have somewhere to have a quick little moan about stuff that bothers us, without feeling like we're going on about nothing, or accidentally trivialising what someone else is saying. So this is the place for the small stuff, just to get it off your chest! I'll start, I guess.

I've been at a certain number of subs on tapas for a while, finally gained three subs, then immediately lost 4 all at once. I think it was because of all the updates I'm doing this week annoying people, which kind of sucks since it was supposed to be something nice as a celebration of sorts. Maybe it's something else, but it's still a bit disappointing.
One week ago, 1:42 PM #2
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
Ah, finally a thread where it's appropriate for me to rage about how MY COMPUTER RILES ME UP sometimes!!

That old thing seems to react slower and slower by the day! If I click on something (or do anything else), I expect an instant reaction, not one after half a minute or so!
And lately, the Safari browser manages to access Youtube (the site directly, Youtube-videos embedded elsewhere are working just fine - WTF?) only every second day - WTF!?!?
One week ago, 3:46 PM #3
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Every time I hear "XYZ game underperformed" news, according to XYZ publisher, I imagine this movie clip.

And who's "ENTITLED" now?
One week ago, 4:06 PM #4
TheHiddenElephant
not a slice of pizza
Registration date: 1st Dec 2017
When I press "Ctrl + o" instead of "Ctrl + 0" in Photoshop. CTRL+o opens up a document of your choosing, while Ctrl+0 zooms the picture to 100%. Opening up a new document takes time, and I never want to open up a document if I'm already working on something to the point of zooming out to get a good view of it.
One week ago, 8:49 PM #5
Matt Comics
πŸ‹οΈβ€πŸŽ¨π•½π–Šπ–“π–†π–Žπ–˜π–˜π–†π–“π–ˆπ–Š 𝕸𝖆𝖓 πŸ’…πŸ‚
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
great idea, Jammy! I was slightly worried about tonal dissonance when I made that one post in the other thread to complain about Tom DeFalco's Fantastic Four run. this is a more logical place for such rants.

I mean, I seldom use this kind of thread because I don't like talking about my life on the other side of the screen outside of generalities, half-truths and unimportant details, but those comics were a nerdy and not-so-personal exception. actually, as one of the FF's self-proclaimed biggest fans, this might be personal and while I'm here, here's an update on this embarrassing run...

long story short, not entirely unreadable, but everything before is way better. yes, even Englehart's weird subtextual stories.

who knows, I might even come back to this thread in the future!
One week ago, 10:08 PM #6
Dyohna

Registration date: 20th Feb 2015
I'm playing Dragon Quest XI right, and this isn't a spoiler, but we got to this place where Erik's only response is "....." It made me so sad that I left that place to do the main mission again :'( What's wrong Erik? TALK TO ME MY BOY ; ~ ;
One week ago, 10:09 PM #7
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
JammyTheBirb:So, I feel like it's be nice to have a place to moan.

There is the Grievances Thread, but the things mentioned there tend to be serious and important and I think it'd be good to have somewhere to have a quick little moan about stuff that bothers us, without feeling like we're going on about nothing, or accidentally trivialising what someone else is saying. So this is the place for the small stuff, just to get it off your chest!

Thanks! I've been looking for a place to vet about this!!!!

I HATE when a page pretends to load up, you go to the section you wanna read/
tap and the thing loads ONE MORE thing and makes the page jump!!!!!!!

THAT PISSES ME OFF MORE THAN ANYTHING IN THE WORD: DON'T PRETEND YOU HAVE IT LOADED
ONLY TO F**K MY UP EYES WHEN I'M TRYING TO READ SOMETHING! NOTHING MAKES ME ANGRIER
THAN WHEN I'M TRYING MY BEST TO UNDERSTAND SOMETHING/FINDING OUT SOMETHING NEW, AND
THE PAGE JUMPS! I FORGET WHERE I WAS OR I TAP SOMETHING I NEVER INTENDED TO (That takes
you all kinds of freaking places...) I HATE FAKE LOADED PAGES SO MUCH!!!
I GET SEVERE HEADACHES WHENEVER IT HAPPENS NOW!!!

It sounds retarded as all hell, but the thing doesn't have anything else indicating it's
undone, the loading circle's gone, and the page moves as if everything works.. But it
still jumps up or down when a ad appears or a whole paragraph that was suppose to be there before,
just now pops up! Seriously, I had a hard time typing exactly how I felt about this without
freaking losing it!!!

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

One week ago, 10:33 PM #8
Lutzbug
loved birds way before they were the word
Registration date: 2nd Oct 2017
When I have a disgusting taste in my mouth and I have no access to toothpaste.

Like right now.
One week ago, 10:43 PM #9
Microraptor
the only safe place is the top shelf
Registration date: 19th Apr 2014
PS, regrading the "slow computer" thing:
I wish I had a really sturdy mouse, so that instead of merely clicking on something, I can hammer in that I want the computer to FRIGGIN' DO SOMETHING!!
One week ago, 11:02 PM #10
Timelapse11
goes fast
Registration date: 14th May 2017
I finished playing rdr2 for the 5th time, so I'm immediately loading an earlier save because...

6 days ago, 6:09 AM #11
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Oh, right, I'm trying to get used to fast type (both index fingers on F and J + corresponding ones), now it's slightly easier with my left hand to type, but still mess up with my right.

Also, because of that, I've switched from WASD to ESDF, and trying to get used to left pinky positioned weirdly on letter A, instead of shift.
6 days ago, 7:08 AM #12
whiteshaix

Registration date: 28th Jul 2015
I have my complaints against Marvel too. Why they always give my favorite characters (= Loki and Dr. Strange) to the WORST AVAILABLE ARTISTS? I've never seen a decent Loki again after the first issues of Agent of Asgard. And Strange looks barely human most of the time. Do they hate these two characters so much?

For example: the "Vote Loki" miniseries. It was a pretty interesting concept. The "art" was so DISGUSTING the only way I could read it was to consciously avoid focusing on the drawings. I had to read the balloons while skipping the rest. Not an easy task.
I wonder why someone so talentless can be hired by Marvel, I see much better works here. Besides, such things make me believe that my Marvel Unlimited subscription is a waste of money.
6 days ago, 10:10 AM #13
Mel Cormac
Blimpmaster
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
I'm in the process of applying for a thing, and I need a reference, but my manager just retired, and the new manager barely knows me. Like, it's probably fine, but it's really annoying that the timings couldn't have lined up better...
6 days ago, 1:11 PM #14
lirvilas
Venture Capitalist
Registration date: 24th Mar 2014
Jehovah’s witnesses totally misquoting bible verses during their sales pitch.

You had, like, one job.
6 days ago, 4:26 PM #15
CrosEL

Ironically: the Bible ITSELF says to make sure you
know what you're talking about, before referring to it...

Also, another annoyance:
does anybody else have neighbors who ride their
stupid-assed motorcycles up and down the road like
psychopathic morons!!!!? I wish they flip over
just ONCE!!! JUST ONCE!!!! STop that
goddamned noise, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!?????????????????

6 days ago, 5:24 PM #16
Timelapse11
goes fast
Registration date: 14th May 2017
CrosEL:
Also, another annoyance:

Yep, I have that happen where I live, I also used to have neighbours that played music really loudly at night, they moved out because the street was 'too noisy' and on my old street we had someone throw a grenade into someone else's window, somehow I slept through that.
6 days ago, 6:19 PM #17
whiteshaix

Registration date: 28th Jul 2015
CrosEL:

I have one neighbour who goes around on a ratty scooter. Problem is, he does it regardless of the hour of day (or night). Sometimes I've heard him at 4 am.
On the other hand, we have a motorcycle and it's pretty noisy too, but at least we don't use it to loop around the house, so I guess OUR neighbours can tolerate a minute or so of noise in the weekends when we leave and return. Like we tolerate their off-key karaoke nights. XD
6 days ago, 6:38 PM #18
SMAComix

Registration date: 6th Jan 2017
WHAT? A grenade?!
6 days ago, 7:53 PM #19
CrosEL

Yes, that makes me curious, too!

Merged Doublepost:

whiteshaix:
On the other hand, we have a motorcycle and it's pretty noisy too, but at least we don't use it to loop around the house, XD

Yes, THAT's my point: Of course, ride motorcycles; they look fun, and I wish I learned to ride, too! Like you: I'd go away from the otherwise quiet neighborhood and ride out in a place specifically for them, or on a trail I found myself; away from others...

But our stupid neighbors can't GRASP THAT CONCEPT!!! They go up and fucking down the same road for HOURS!!!!!!!!!!? How is that FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? And what's worse, they DID make a trail, but it goes around in the woods surrounding our house, so we can hear them coming up, beside, behind and on the other side of our house, revving the thing up and SCREAMING like maniacs!!!!!!! Again, since THEY can't grasp the easy/simple concept of going somewhere else... I wish they'd trip down that trail next time they decide to rev that broken crap behind us!!!!

On topic again, I wish it was OK to stab rude Wal-mart employees: DO YOUR JOB YOU GODDAMNED STUPID IDIOTS!!! And leave customers alone!!! I bet no one's saying anything because they have other stuff to worry about, but when you're concentrating on helping someone/stressed out, the last thing you need is for some moron to come up and acting like a fucking zombie!!! Get the hell somewhere else ya idiot!!!!!!
(Sorry, I know I bought this up before, I just REALLY hate braindead employess. I don't even care if they're "usefull" or "good"at their jobs, just don't mess with me while you're wandering around the freaking store: there's SO MUCH MORE room!)

6 days ago, 8:07 PM #20
Mel Cormac
Blimpmaster
Registration date: 16th Aug 2013
My neighbours apparently don't know how to turn their house or car alarms off.

so like

that's a thing

who needs sleep