Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 131
15th Oct 2019, 3:52 PM #41
More of a strange thing, instead of actual complaint:

I LOVE ice cream! Like REALLY love it!!! But... I think I'm Lactose intolerant? I CAN eat a buncha dairy, but my body stops that FAST if I go over it's desired amount. For instance, I thought I could drink Coffee creamer as much as I wanted; nothing bad happened, until a month later... even farting was a pain... and my
stuff turned colors... I had to stop and lay off for a while..

Just now, I ate a cheese-toast; something else I love, for the first time in months. I SURE hope my body doesn't beat me down for this...

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

15th Oct 2019, 4:18 PM #42
If you were intolerant, even small amounts of dairy would make you really uncomfortable. Try to cut the fats, maybe you're just above healthy level with those.
15th Oct 2019, 4:23 PM #43
Wait... I'm at a healthy level? I'm REALLY skinny... like... I look unhealthy..
My parents keep saying I'm suppose to be bigger, too... Does this mean
I shouldn't be trying to eat more? Seriously, I'm trying to do better health stuff and have tried eating meat and eating more food in general this year. But maybe I'm doing more harm than good? I seriously wanna know, because of course I want to feel better than I normally do..

30th Oct 2019, 11:39 PM #44
What a sucker
Okay, string lights! Often used around Christmas, though there is a nice and varied selection that is available for Halloween. Personally, my family uses them for both holidays in varying degrees.

We have strings running the length of the graveyard fence, and a cluster of strings in the tree. And for some reason, my dad wants to run the lights in the fence and the tree from the same socket. He did this yesterday, causing a fuse in the first string to blow, which we spent a while today fixing. After some decorating and pumpkin carving (and taking the pumpkin to the person I carved it for), I found out that he plugged it all in on one socket AGAIN, despite me telling him that the cause of the problems is the electricity being too much for the one socket. He says that if it was too much power, the fuse in the house would blow, not just the one in the lights, but prior experience has taught me that NOT connecting all the strings is a good idea - and Dad should know this, he's the one who handles the lights. If he pulls this stunt tomorrow, well beyond the realm of reasonably fixing before trick-or-treat hours, I'm going to flip.
31st Oct 2019, 1:57 AM #45
Your dad sounds like mine... maybe "amp up" your story and tell him it can also be a fire hazard, which could be deadly instead just knocking the lights out...

Also, our dog's been holing for hours for this femal puppy to come up..
But she won't come out because it's been rainy and we chase her out of the yard
sometimes, because we have cats, too. So the poor guy's been howling from 3:00 PM
until night... And everybody's annoyed, PLOT TWIST: I didn't care about it, as I could sympathize with the dog. But my family's complaining annoys me instead, and I was given
the "dog training"/torture thing to make him stop howling. It's more annoying they can't just chill, because in ALL honesty; they're MUCH NOISER than a single 7 year old dog...

2nd Nov 2019, 5:39 PM #46
What a sucker
also i bought too much Halloween candy, especially since Trick-Or-Treating got cancelled a little over halfway through. Like, I have a toxic waste barrel with a lot of candy in it. And I don't know how to get rid of it all. And while I have some good stuff in that barrel, there's also dreaded "filler candy".
2nd Nov 2019, 5:42 PM #47
Jeremy7:And while I have some good stuff in that barrel, there's also dreaded "filler candy".

What is this "Filler Candy"?!

For me, it's Jaw Breakers and Chocolate with nuts in them...

2nd Nov 2019, 5:49 PM #48
What a sucker
There's a LOT of types of filler candies. Usually, they come in a big bag containing a multitude of tangently-related candy - Warheads, DumDums, Tootsie Rolls, stuff like that. The big stuff is usually chocolate, or certain types of gummy candies. And the less said about suckers, the better.

My family has a lot of rules, and one of them is "Three pieces per kid, and include a chocolate." It's an easy rule.

On the bright side, that collapsible Toxic Waste Barrel that I finally managed to wish into reality (and the consumer market) had an unforseen practical use - candy storage! If I knew we were going to be rained out, I'd just pour all the candy into the barrel and let the kids grab a few handfuls - though I don't know how dad would react to that. I don't think he'd have a major gripe about it, though.
3rd Nov 2019, 1:04 PM #49
He shouldn't be too angry-at least we know the kids are freaking happy! (Heck, I wanna grab a few handfuls!)

Also, another annoyance; remember this?
CrosEl:Also, our dog's been holing for hours for this female puppy to come up..
But she won't come out because it's been rainy and we chase her out of the yard
sometimes, because we have cats, too. So the poor guy's been howling from 3:00 PM
until night... And everybody's annoyed, PLOT TWIST: I didn't care about it, as I could sympathize with the dog. But my family's complaining annoys me instead, and I was given
the "dog training"/torture thing to make him stop howling. It's more annoying they can't just chill, because in ALL honesty; they're MUCH NOISER than a single 7 year old dog...

Well our dog was feeling bad yesterday; turns out there was something legitimately wrong with him, and again:
my noisy/annoying family all decided he should shut up that night, and dad made me use the training-mechanism on him
to stop his howling. Something made him so afraid of his own house, that he left it and went into the dead dog's house
instead to sleep... He sometimes even sits out on the cold ground, instead. My bros finally cleaned it out, but he
still acts unsure and isn't as perky as he used to be... Stop being freakin' turds, everybody! We might've made it
worse! I REALLY, REALLY need to stop listening to my parents, SERIOUSLY....

9th Nov 2019, 2:16 PM #50
the only thing I'll hit is the books
I'm so ridiculously exhausted today. Sleeping 11 hours didn't really help that much either. But I guess by tomorrow I'll have recharged a bit.

Not that it helps that much when I have couple paintings I need to finish today.
9th Nov 2019, 3:05 PM #51
The recent Hazbin Hotel circlejerk, cause of course when something explodes in popularity you get:

A) Says too much positive = Ass Licker
B) Says too much negative = Contrarian Edgelord
C) In the middle = Split Personality

Every single time.

Oh shit... Tomorrow (as of this post) Rick and Morty season 4 premiers...
9th Nov 2019, 3:47 PM #52
goes fast
TheStrangerous:

Oh shit... Tomorrow (as of this post) Rick and Morty season 4 premiers...

And over here in the UK we don't get the new season until next year...
9th Nov 2019, 3:57 PM #53
Timelapse11:And over here in the UK we don't get the new season until next year...

Wait, people still watch so called "TV broadcast"?

9th Nov 2019, 5:17 PM #54
goes fast
[quote=TheStrangerous
]Wait, people still watch so called "TV broadcast"?

[/quote]

Yep, well at least, we do in my house XD
9th Nov 2019, 8:47 PM #55
I didn't do anything physically exciting during my birthday; other than finally getting around to Certain Art ideas... Nothing.. I couldn't even stay awake to read back over the self-help
documents saved for that day...

17th Nov 2019, 4:33 PM #56
LMS

Every time we get the good brand of gluten-free pasta, it's gone in minutes. Every time we get the bad brand, no one likes it. And yet my sister keeps insisting it is my bad cooking is the reason the brand sucks. Like, I'm not an alchemist. If I cook something that is literally brown rice starch molded into the shape of pasta, it's going to come out with the taste and texture of brown rice starch molded into the shape of pasta.
17th Nov 2019, 5:11 PM #57

Demasiado fácil... JEJ.
17th Nov 2019, 5:49 PM #58
TheStrangerous:Image

Demasiado fácil... JEJ.

Lol! Also, why's the Frog version locked?

Another... more grievous annoyance: Our dog died a few days ago; the moments up unto his death and the fact he died felt handled with toxit salt. Yeah they miss him, but the amount bull that also happens with this, feels wrong. I couldn't even express how I felt at the time, and feel as if I'm "stopped up" now...

20th Nov 2019, 4:32 AM #59
black market meme hookup
what does it mean when i say "i'm sorry" as a way to express my condolences and the other person responds with "don't apologize, it's not your fault"?
i am expressing sympathy. i am already aware i did not kill your grandfather. what are you insinuating
20th Nov 2019, 4:58 PM #60
My friends don't like Hazbin Hotel :( They think its childish and edgy :( I didn't realize my friends had become SO OLD. JK I'm just sad I don't have anyone to talk about this show with. One complaint that annoyed me tho was "There was too much unnecessary cursing" I don't curse in my day to day speech but my friends do so imo they say unnecessary curses all the time. So then why can't these characters curse?? It would be incredibly unnatural for them since they are literally DEMONS. This one complaint just got to me especially since the cursing is used naturally and not as the butt of a joke. Its just in their character to talk that way. Using curses as insults or emphases doesn't bother me personally coming from characters, they're just words and the way people speak is important for character building. I'd feel like this show would be childish if they said bad word and that means I have to laugh.