Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41
8th Sep 2020, 11:38 AM #701
Love 2 wake up feeling disoriented and unrested

Love a night of poor quality sleep and nightmares
8th Sep 2020, 9:50 PM #702
This is too small for the grievance thread, but it's made me disproportionately sad

This morning when I went out to water my front plants, when I opened and closed the door I knocked down a big katydid that smacked down on its back but then righted itself. It fell seemingly from the entire height of the door.

The day has gone by and I went just now to get the mail and the katydid is lying on its side in a small pool of blood (???) while one leg sways in the air... I don't want to touch or move it, I'm pretty sure it's dying and I don't want to further hurt it nor crush it. I poured some sugar water near it because I'm a crazy person that is really feeling bad about this dying ass bug. I feel bad that it's just been lying there for nearly 10 hours suffering, like that is a really long time in bug hours and it has me really bummed out
9th Sep 2020, 12:34 AM #703
Tenors love shitting on baritones saying how useless they are. Whether jokingly or not, that's messed up.
Some of the most iconic singers were (I didn't know this) baritones.

Frank Sinatra.
Elvis Presley.
Freddie Mercury.
Nat King Cole.
Johnny Cash.
Prince.
David Bowie.

As a Baritone I say to thee

Silence your Tenor voice boxes

I'm also annoyed that my music teachers never told me specifically I was baritone. I found that out on my own. It would've been VERY helpful to find songs that fit my range and would've because of that let me spend more time moving forward with singing instead of searching for some damn songs. I was THREE years in music school with no mention of voice type. I found out I was baritone after 2 1/2 years there.
"It's not useful to know unless you're in a choir" MY ASS
I genuinely almost gave up on music because I didn't feel I fit anywhere.

---
9th Sep 2020, 2:16 AM #704
mitchellbravo:This is too small for the grievance thread, but it's made me disproportionately sad

This morning when I went out to water my front plants, when I opened and closed the door I knocked down a big katydid that smacked down on its back but then righted itself. It fell seemingly from the entire height of the door.

The day has gone by and I went just now to get the mail and the katydid is lying on its side in a small pool of blood (???) while one leg sways in the air... I don't want to touch or move it, I'm pretty sure it's dying and I don't want to further hurt it nor crush it. I poured some sugar water near it because I'm a crazy person that is really feeling bad about this dying ass bug. I feel bad that it's just been lying there for nearly 10 hours suffering, like that is a really long time in bug hours and it has me really bummed out

I always feel bad when I see little spider bros (or sis). I usually try to put bugs outside...with very few exceptions. Just doesn't feel right smashing harmless ones :/

So minor I shouldn't even bother:

It's been hot, so leaving windows open at night. This morning my desk and papers are all covered in a light dusting of soot from the forest fires :*(

(This tear is for the fires, not my work space, I need to clean anyway.)
9th Sep 2020, 2:20 AM #705
It's 4 am in my timezone, it's yet another sleepless night for me. I'm tired
9th Sep 2020, 2:41 AM #706
Zero Hour:It's 4 am in my timezone, it's yet another sleepless night for me. I'm tired

*tiredly waves hello*
Hello there, fellow unable-to-sleep person.
....it'd be great if I could get some decent sleep. Y'know. One of these days. Any time now...
9th Sep 2020, 9:55 AM #707
mitchellbravo:This is too small for the grievance thread, but it's made me disproportionately sad

I mean, I'd feel exactly the same. We have an impressive collection of wildlife in our house (grasshoppers, spiders, bees, wasps, scorpions, etc) and I always feel bad for the little fluff bees and the potter wasps when they try to build nests or start making little clay jars in my clothes, because I'll always have to destroy their hard work ;(
9th Sep 2020, 6:17 PM #708
The new ink I got for making pages is smelly and gives me a headache; I can't use this for doing pages every week. I was trying to avoid re-ordering the old one because it comes in itty bitty pots, is a bit expensive, and takes a while to ship, but I guess I'll have to. ...And that means I might have to take another break from updating while I wait for it to arrive, or switch back to using brush pens and micron pens for a while.
At least I have a tiny bit of hte old ink left, enough to finish this one page with.
Ugh.
9th Sep 2020, 7:39 PM #709
This bag of wheat thins was never closed properly and it was my fault and they're so soft and unpleasant to chew like the consistency of a cookie

I need to go food shopping but I have a terrible headache from barely eating all day and I wish somebody would just throw a calzone thru my window
10th Sep 2020, 12:00 AM #710
The disappointment of soggy crackers when you expect something is massively annoying.

I wonder if you could let them dry out in the oven a touch? Or dry them, blitz them up, and use them as like a breading mixed with other crackers or bread crumbs (I've done similar stuff with stale crackers and tortillas chip crumbs—no crumb goes wasted in our house because I'm insane).

Now you got me wanting to experiment.

10th Sep 2020, 12:24 AM #711
Oooo I didn't think to try any of those ideas, I ended up just throwing the rest away- there was only about two handfuls left so I don't eel too guilty about it (I hate throwing away food too ugh) But I'm sure there will be more stale crackers in the future for me to try again!

And thankssss, I don't get them as bad as some people and I'm pretty good at catching them before they really "take root" by just being mindful when I get certain indicative symptoms, hydrating, takibg meds, staying cool and preferably going to bed (which is my current life goal if work anxiety doesn't flip that table again). Just bums me out bc there was a lot I wanted to get done today and it just ground me down to a crawl. Unfortunately I think a lot of it has to do with being at the computer all day for work now too
10th Sep 2020, 9:56 PM #712
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Me and my mum leave the cats out and when it gets dark we have to collect them... or more likely I have to go and CATCH them.
One cat doesn't turn up with the others.
We wait for a while.
Mom opens the door without securing the cats in the house and so... the cats we brought in scram out again.
I'm like, ok. I'll let them stay out for another while.
Mom be like: lol, I'm going to bed. go fetch the cats!
Thanks mom.
Then later when I call them again, none of them turn up. One finally turns up and runs into the garage and hides under the car.
Another one appears and makes me chase it thru the entire backyard. I catch it and bring her in.
The other two are still under the car.
I have to wait for them to come out and it's late and don't feel like going out to chase them again.

These feline fuckers are doing this every other night and the neighbors probably think I'm crazy calling for the cats at the later hours daily.
10th Sep 2020, 10:09 PM #713
I'm inspired to draw and the air is too heavy and muggy to facility putting pen to paper (I hate sweating on my artwork >_<)

10th Sep 2020, 11:33 PM #714
KidCthulhu:I'm inspired to draw and the air is too heavy and muggy to facility putting pen to paper (I hate sweating on my artwork >_<)

I came home from grocery shopping and it was so muggy inside j tried opening a window and it was just worse

Thank god my bedroom is air conditioned
11th Sep 2020, 12:53 AM #715

I think I got your buggy bad luck.

A week ago, I noticed some kind of wasp on its back wriggling on the floor in my workspace (chem lab). Not sure how it got in there, so I scooped the little guy up and brought it outside and it flew off. Hooray!...

... or so I thought. Today I noticed a wasp dead in a beaker that I had been using to hold some chemical waste. I'm not sure how this wasp got back in lab (nor do I know if it's the same one I saw last week), but what a way to die. :(
11th Sep 2020, 1:12 PM #716
so I got a colour stripper to dye and get the black dye I already have in my hair out (I'm too chicken to use bleach)

... it worked well on the roots, but the ends are still very much black (thanks colour build-up) and I can't get another packet until Monday because that's when my next payment comes in
12th Sep 2020, 12:04 AM #717
loved birds way before they were the word
my dog ate an entire loaf of bread again.
12th Sep 2020, 12:28 AM #718
the only safe place is the top shelf
The loaf-devouring dog strikes again!
12th Sep 2020, 1:13 AM #719
What a sucker
I drew Tesla as Gomez Addams for the Lectro Halloween ensemble drawing. I ported all my saved Halloween character drawings to the background, and realizes later that TESLA WAS MISSING!

Now, granted, some introduced characters from the LECTROVerse won't appear, Doomblood is dead, Iris and Lola wouldn't be celebrating Halloween, Krampus... it's a halloween image, and Ginger Snapps... I don't know why she's missing, but the thing is, Tesla was an antagonist for a chapter, had a story about how he lost his hand, and I planned his costume! I gave him pin stripes on his suit, and a little robot hand serving as his Thing, and I forgot to save and export.

Let this be a warning, everyone.
12th Sep 2020, 1:13 AM #720
Lutzbug:my dog ate an entire loaf of bread again.

NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mine's kind of a sad thing
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41