Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 131
20th Nov 2019, 5:07 PM #61
black market meme hookup
JK I'm just sad I don't have anyone to talk about this show with.

YOOOOOO i like hazbin hotel! i agree with them in the way that the cursing was totally used as a crutch in the dialogue imo, but that's just one thing that wouldn't get in the way of my enjoyment of a whole show. the animation is crazy, the characters and setting are interesting thus far (as someone who hasn't kept up with the progress and only watched the pilot) and im. a big alastor stan. really big. that's mostly it actually

simply the fact that it was able to happen really gets me as well! imagine wanting to make a cartoon about your ocs and just Doing It
20th Nov 2019, 5:25 PM #62
What a sucker
Dyohna:My friends don't like Hazbin Hotel :( They think its childish and edgy :( I didn't realize my friends had become SO OLD. JK I'm just sad I don't have anyone to talk about this show with. One complaint that annoyed me tho was "There was too much unnecessary cursing" I don't curse in my day to day speech but my friends do so imo they say unnecessary curses all the time. So then why can't these characters curse?? It would be incredibly unnatural for them since they are literally DEMONS. This one complaint just got to me especially since the cursing is used naturally and not as the butt of a joke. Its just in their character to talk that way. Using curses as insults or emphases doesn't bother me personally coming from characters, they're just words and the way people speak is important for character building. I'd feel like this show would be childish if they said bad word and that means I have to laugh.

On the subject, it's great that the pilot is out, I enjoyed almost all of it except Katie Killjoy, but now all this COPPA stuff has me worried for the show's future. Because clearly, if it's on the internet and animated, it's for kids. Yes, Hazbin Hotel, GMod Idiot Box, and Suction Cup Man, because of their medium, are for kids. Brilliant thinking, there. I can see no problem arising from this.

I'm tired of people acting like the internet is some eldritch horror. It's more like video rental stores - some things are for kids, some things are not, and despite this you really can't stop little Billy from finding a way to watch the R-Rated stuff. You can try, but at the end of the day he's still going to find a way to get his hands on the South Park VHS. And punishing everyone else to keep Billy from getting it is going to lead to backlash.
20th Nov 2019, 6:35 PM #63
fedoramoron:YOOOOOO i like hazbin hotel! i agree with them in the way that the cursing was totally used as a crutch in the dialogue imo, but that's just one thing that wouldn't get in the way of my enjoyment of a whole show. the animation is crazy, the characters and setting are interesting thus far (as someone who hasn't kept up with the progress and only watched the pilot) and im. a big alastor stan. really big. that's mostly it actually

simply the fact that it was able to happen really gets me as well! imagine wanting to make a cartoon about your ocs and just Doing It

:') I didn't expect to find support. I totally agree that having been made at all in the quality that it was made is a feat. The energy put behind it made it for me, it was so fun! The sheer chaotic energy was amazing. Again I still think the cursing is well placed because these people are not supposed to be eloquent and it shows perfectly. Plus they confirmed that there is a full season in the making! :D

Jermey7:On the subject, it's great that the pilot is out, I enjoyed almost all of it except Katie Killjoy, but now all this COPPA stuff has me worried for the show's future. Because clearly, if it's on the internet and animated, it's for kids. Yes, Hazbin Hotel, GMod Idiot Box, and Suction Cup Man, because of their medium, are for kids. Brilliant thinking, there. I can see no problem arising from this.

I'm tired of people acting like the internet is some eldritch horror. It's more like video rental stores - some things are for kids, some things are not, and despite this you really can't stop little Billy from finding a way to watch the R-Rated stuff. You can try, but at the end of the day he's still going to find a way to get his hands on the South Park VHS. And punishing everyone else to keep Billy from getting it is going to lead to backlash.

I've been hearing about it on twitter and I'm a bit worried too. I hope that the actually shady kids channels are taken down but its hard to trust youtube with anything. Animators are going to have a hurdle if youtube goes about it in a close minded way.
20th Nov 2019, 8:55 PM #64
rivaling gator
Jeremy7:

I once heard censorship described as "forcing grown ups to drink milk from bottles because the baby can't eat steak". Yes I want things to be clearly labelled, but as long as there are content warnings I think due diligence is done. Don't stop artists from creating just because some pearl-clutchers are gonna get bent out of shape about seeing some nips or something.
20th Nov 2019, 9:52 PM #65
What a sucker
I thought I had 21 days in a MWF schedule from November 13 to Christmas, but I only have about 19. I'm gonna have to upload extra that week.
20th Nov 2019, 11:13 PM #66
Something me and my siblings have suffered since Summer: RAKING FUCKING LEAVES EVERY WEEK! A drought came, leaves died and dad said we had to rake them every Sunday, this has been happening straight through the EVIL drought, ALL the way until it rained in fall... Where the leaves now normally fall out, so we have been raking for nearly 6 months!!!

Fuck raking for nearly half a year, damn whoever WANTS to rake that long, damn dad, and damn that mother fucking drought for torturing the poor souls that were forced out of their cool houses and under the goddamned blazing heat!

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

20th Nov 2019, 11:39 PM #67
Keeps with the times
I have moved to Morrisville North Carolina and I have a lot of gripes about the traffic around here.

1.) They have so many damned trees right by the roadway it's hard to spot the place you are going. Nor do they have anything really marked well from the street so that you can spot it at a glance.

2.) Nor is direct access from the roadway a big priority either. Half the restaurants around here don't have driveways leading into their parking lots, it's always some driveway leading over from the place next door.

3.) Somebody sold the town planners on roundabouts. I'm sure they are a nice idea in Europe, but when you are dealing with an area that's seeing exploding growth with people from all across the country (each with their own very different bad driving habits) it's not that useful. We had one near run in with some dumbass who went the wrong way down the roundabout already.
27th Nov 2019, 3:16 PM #68
goes fast
I am having a terrible day. (due to the fact that I have no money)
Firstly, my headphones broke and I can't afford new ones, I get really irritable when I can't listen to music.
Secondly, the key for my bike lock snapped while the key was in the lock so I had to smash my bike lock apart just to unlock my bike so I could get home, so now I need to buy a new bike lock, I use my bike everyday, it's my main mode of transportation because I can't drive, luckily, I can borrow my brother's bike lock.
and lastly, I ordered a dress last month, should have taken 2-3 weeks to make but I didn't hear anything from the dressmaker, turns out they needed to get more of the fabric for the pattern at the bottom of the dress, then according to the dressmaker, it was shipped to the wrong country, they gave me a tracking number and that said my dress was finally in the UK. It got delivered today, but not really, because there's a fee I now have to pay for some god-forsaken reason, but I can barely scrape half of the fee together.
27th Nov 2019, 10:59 PM #69
It's a horrific odessey for me to concentrate too long, I can and have, but if something that grants me ecstasy at the moment, pops up... I'ma veering of mission.. So imagine my EXTREME ANGER WHEN I tried to resolve to backing up my stories and old art.. and shit hits the fan? My android's always fucking up, so it stopped me from barely doing anything... I'm more so glad now, as I realized I was going to aneurysm now, and it's great that it shut down when it did, before I continued pushing it forward--and started to get angrier!

Also having shitty family sucks balls!!! If they suddenly coughed up blood until they could shiver on the ground, I'll be happy! Not everyone... just the jackasses...

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

28th Nov 2019, 8:20 PM #70
It annoys me that my local Domino's Pizza branch (in the UK) nearly always seems to mess up whenever I order from them. In the UK, their potato wedges should come with a BBQ sauce and their regular chicken wings should come with a hot sauce, but 90% of the time my local branch puts both with the BBQ sauce. Today they put both with their sweet chili sauce, which is even worse. About a quarter of the time for the past few months, including today, they've also put the low fat cheese on my pizza when I selected the regular cheese, and I've complained about this several times and there's been no improvement in the quality of service, even though this never used to happen, despite the fact that they've offered the low fat cheese since 2003. Their food is very good on the rare occasions where they get my order completely right, which is why I keep buying from them, but it's often awful when they mess up. I think several of their employees were in the lowest ability group (a couple of years below me) at my secondary school...

I think UK discrimination legislation may make it difficult to fire incompetent staff, which may explain part of the reason why British customer service is generally seen as worse than that of countries such as the United States. Even if this is the case, they should, and can, be warning their staff when they make frequent order errors, as customers should be getting what they pay for. I suspect this is among the reasons why Britain is commonly regarded as having poor customer service, among other things, compared with other first world nations.

28th Nov 2019, 8:37 PM #71
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
...you sometimes get the incorrect sauce or cheese and you want people to lose their jobs over it?

That's a bit of an escalation.
28th Nov 2019, 8:43 PM #72
On that note: Gotta say one of my "mild annoyances" is overreactions to customer service mistakes, that could be helped by calling in and saying "hey, please bring me the right "x"".

:D

*is feeling sassy today*
28th Nov 2019, 8:55 PM #73
the only safe place is the top shelf
A few weeks ago, when I bought MacDonald's food for consumption during a train ride, they put in one sauce package too much...
28th Nov 2019, 8:58 PM #74
Kelsey -Nutty- P.:...you sometimes get the incorrect sauce or cheese and you want people to lose their jobs over it?

That's a bit of an escalation.

Unfortunately it happens too often. I've written feedback online and nothing has happened. I don't support people losing their jobs over it but it seems as though the management are continuously failing to train staff correctly, and I think there are one or two staff that make errors there pretty much all the time.

Sorry, I'm also in a bad mood tonight following having had a look at YouGov's UK MRP poll for the upcoming election, which shows a 1983 style landslide victory for the Tories, and it estimates that about 53% in my seat are likely to vote for the nationalist clown (Boris Johnson) regime, which is really depressing. A lot of people seem to think he's the lesser of two evils over Jeremy Corbyn, when I think the opposite, simply because Boris's party are neither neoliberal nor socially liberal - I would ideally like a party that is economically centrist and socially liberal, which is basically what the Liberal Democrats are, but they've never won once in my area because the population where I live isn't particularly liberal.

I've had fantasies about setting up my own party, which I've called in my head the New Democratic Party of Britain (which isn't the same as the Canadian New Democratic Party), and I reckon my own fictional manifesto for it could do a better job than any of the parties in Britain at the moment. My fictional manifesto stands for a free market economy with a degree of regulation to help benefit the poor, middle class and upper middle classes rather than the inheritant British billionaires (which would be heavily taxed to help more regular people become middle and upper middle class), is liberal on social issues, wants a well funded, non-archaic (as it currently is) education system, supports immigration as well as emmigration and is strongly against protectionism and tarriffs, which are a harm to economic competition that raises the standard of living. It makes practically no sense why the majority of otherwise sensible people in Britain are against what I'd stand for myself.

28th Nov 2019, 9:55 PM #75
People keep pulling up to our store thanksgiving day. Like, dude, THANKSGIVINGDAY. You mofos are supposed to be at home with your FAMILIES. We would be at home with our families if we didn't have to work.
28th Nov 2019, 10:56 PM #76
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
RJDG14:Unfortunately it happens too often. I've written feedback online and nothing has happened. I don't support people losing their jobs over it but it seems as though the management are continuously failing to train staff correctly, and I think there are one or two staff that make errors there pretty much all the time.

Then go eat somewhere else?

What's this got to do with all the political things in the rest of your post?

It's just food, those people's livelihoods matter, chill out.
28th Nov 2019, 11:17 PM #77
pigs are smarter than bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
RJDG14:Unfortunately it happens too often. I've written feedback online and nothing has happened. I don't support people losing their jobs over it but it seems as though the management are continuously failing to train staff correctly, and I think there are one or two staff that make errors there pretty much all the time.

i dont think you occasionally getting the wrong sauce is the result of poor training. management usually has far more pressing matters to attend to than cracking down on sauces. why not just ask for an extra packet of the sauce you actually want, just so you know you'll have it?

I'd like to add that, in all restaurants I've worked at in my life, managers will print out and hang up particularly ridiculous email complaints or reviews for the rest of the staff to laugh at. something for everyone to keep in mind the next time you raise a stink over a small inconvenience.

and to contribute an annoyance of my own to this thread: people who, when ordering a meal, ask for so many replacements and substitutions that what they've ordered isn't even the original meal.

and then, once you've managed to put it all into the computer and made sure the line cooks know what's up, they complain that it wasn't what they wanted.
28th Nov 2019, 11:54 PM #78
🕎 Light it up 🕎
RJDG14:

God bless you honey, I also like my sauces, but wanting to start a political party over some sauce packets is a bit much.

I hope you get your sauce packets next time.
29th Nov 2019, 12:44 AM #79
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
This guy keeps calling my work and leaving bad reviews online. Something about the wrong sauce but he's taking it to the UN or something, trying to start a revolution over it. It's really hard because sauce spills over the label so you can't read it.
29th Nov 2019, 1:03 AM #80
when people dogpile on an over reaction on some minor annoyance

also this stove that keeps lying about its temperature. trying to bake a pie here stove
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 131