Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1st Dec 2019, 5:16 PM #101
lirvilas:Jehovah’s witnesses totally misquoting bible verses during their sales pitch.

You had, like, one job.

I don`t really do religion, but I had like an hour long talk with a couple of them. I didn`t want to, but they had it so wrong, I couldn`t help trying to correct them!

4th Dec 2019, 5:52 PM #102
DSW
Cheater
Good God, i forgot to properly fasten my ferret Snorkel's playpen and that mf'er busted out, knocked out a baby gate, and tore the shit out of my toilet paper. I would be upset if I didn't realize it was what I deserved for trying to box in an Agent of Chaos. I just got done cleaning up his rampage. For the record, I thought Snorkel was my lazy ferret...never judge a book by its cover.
4th Dec 2019, 6:31 PM #103
I can explain
How do I keep missing out on new comics from people I like?

Like in the past couple days, I somehow found out Dominic Deegan started back up. I literally read the other comic he writes, how did I never hear about it actually starting? I heard plenty about it as a top-end Patreon goal, but never a murmur of it actually starting. It's been running again for months, but I only found out by accident while I was searching for info on what happened to another comic entirely unrelated.

And then just last night I learned Tailsteak has a new comic. 1/0 was one of my early favorites (which shows how long I've been reading webcomics), and I'd sporadically read some of his later stuff, but it was inconsistent and infrequent. But apparently he's had like an actual, regular comic for like two years now! And I only found out by reading the blog post under a rerun of another comic!

Why are the authors I like so bad at self-promotion?
5th Dec 2019, 4:42 AM #104
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
I'm moving house so I asked for the internet to be cut off on December the 7th...and they just went ahead and cut it off as soon as I put the phone down, that was 10 days ago. I've called every day to have it turned back on until the agreed upon day but it hasn't happened...so I can't upload my comic.

I've been on the forums once or twice at work but I can't sit here doing comics or any other internet stuff :(
5th Dec 2019, 1:52 PM #105
The Letter M:I'm moving house so I asked for the internet to be cut off on December the 7th...and they just went ahead and cut it off as soon as I put the phone down, that was 10 days ago. :(

Dayum, everything we want, everybody drags to do it.. But something like this they do RIGHT AWAY!!!?

Also, don't you HATE it when someone has to ALWAYS try to one up you? Like you can't even have fun/around this person because they're always trying to prove something.. it's getting so where I can tell their needy/asshat face!
Holy crap! Life isn't a fucking competition you shit eating jackasses!!!

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

8th Dec 2019, 6:32 PM #106
LMS

If I'm going to pay $100 for an e-textbook, I'd like it to contain all the information I need for the assignments instead of forcing me to fish in web.archive.org to find the copy of the instructions corresponding to the outdated forms the book is teaching me on.

I'm fine learning on last-year's forms, but, my word, if you know a table might change, stick a relevant copy of it in the book.
8th Dec 2019, 7:32 PM #107
The fire bells in our complex sometimes malfunction and ring when there's no emergency. They usually go off after a few seconds, half a minute at most. A building up from us started sounding around 7 am this morning, just continuous ringing, punctuated by unpredictable periods of silence, then abruptly starting again. It's gone off several other times during the day. I don't know what causes it- I thought it had to do with the heat, as it seems to happen more often in the summer- but I shure wish someone would do something about it~!!!
8th Dec 2019, 8:23 PM #108
Agan, if my annoyances--raging gets annoying, please tell me.. That being said, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WHISTLE INDOORS!!!!! It' happening around me as I type! I wish it was OK to stab the vile asshole through the face!!!!!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP, you obnoxious jackass!!!

8th Dec 2019, 8:30 PM #109
o_o literally whistling as I read this

I habitually, almost compulsively, whislte while I'm drawing. I'm usually alone during it if that helps, or my husband is in the room but doesn't care...
8th Dec 2019, 8:42 PM #110
CrosEL:Agan, if my annoyances--raging gets annoying, please tell me.. That being said, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE WHISTLE INDOORS!!!!! It' happening around me as I type! I wish it was OK to stab the vile asshole through the face!!!!!!! SHUT THE FUCK UP, you obnoxious jackass!!!

Reminds of a line from "That '70s Show" that I always use:
You know what's the great thing about whistling?
You can STOP whistling.
8th Dec 2019, 8:45 PM #111
Kyo
🐊
y'all are a bunch of grouches, how am I supposed to pretend I'm not up to no good
8th Dec 2019, 8:47 PM #112
Speaking of fire alarms, I live in an oldish house and thus the stove/oven does not have a great ventilation system. As such, sometimes cooking something normally will set off the fire alarm. For most of the time I've lived here, it's only set off the fire alarm occasionally and hasn't been a big deal--usually just opening the kitchen window prevents it anyway.

But as of about a month ago my roommate has decided to cook sausage every morning for breakfast. And it sets off the fire alarm. Every. Single. Fucking. Time. The damn fire alarm has gone off every morning all month because my roommate doesn't know how to open a damn window. They claim it's because they're too short to reach it--then get a damn stepstool! Put a fan in the kitchen! Do something!
8th Dec 2019, 8:49 PM #113
why is his sausage so smoky
8th Dec 2019, 8:57 PM #114
the only safe place is the top shelf
I hope you mean a literal sausage...
8th Dec 2019, 8:59 PM #115
I'd be very concerned if they were trying to cook any other kind of sausage xD
8th Dec 2019, 9:05 PM #116
the only safe place is the top shelf
Never mind... I posted that without looking at the poster's gender* beforehand.

* Yes yes I know, "gender" and "biological sex" may not always be the same, et cetera. Kicking off a discussion about gender identity was not my intention here.
8th Dec 2019, 9:46 PM #117
mitchellbravo:o_o literally whistling as I read this

I habitually, almost compulsively, whislte while I'm drawing. I'm usually alone during it if that helps, or my husband is in the room but doesn't care...

I didn't mean to offend... um..

It's not whistling in general, it's more so when it's done by people who're already obnoxious to begin with.
Like... smiling isn't wrong, but when done by a terrible person ..it makes one sick of grinning. (who knows
why they're smiling? they could've did something heinous..)

Merged Doublepost:

Paulie Blade:Reminds of a line from "That '70s Show" that I always use:
You know what's the great thing about whistling?
You can STOP whistling.

I Need to use this line!

8th Dec 2019, 10:41 PM #118
Birb is the Worb
I had surgery a few weeks ago, and a little over a week ago I started bleeding and haven't stopped. Nobody's worried so apparently it's fine, but I'd love for it to stop so I can relax and stop being a giant ball of anxiety.
9th Dec 2019, 5:43 AM #119
There was a fantasy comic recommendation thread and no one mentioned my comic. More evidence that my comic is just at most 'meh'.
9th Dec 2019, 2:58 PM #120
Hey Photoshop....

You know how I went and disabled Snap? Well WHY THE HECK ARE YOU STILL SNAPPING WHEN I FREE TRANSFORM OH MY GOD PHOTOSHOP!?