Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
1st Feb 2020, 8:55 PM #141
Just... so tired of studying for University exams.

Also managed to halfway break my laptop's charger when I dropped it some time ago. Replacement STILL hasen't arrived.
1st Feb 2020, 10:08 PM #142
CrosEL:Why do people think that annoying others will get them to buy thier product and/or service?

I think about this everytime a video gets interrupted by an ad. One ad in the beginning of one video? That's fine, I can deal with that. But now youtube has started doing this thing where they think it's more effective to put 2 ads at the beginning AND end of videos. Also, if I'm watching on my phone, if there's ads at the end of a video, I have a really hard time of getting out of that video because my phone for some reason doesn't want to rotate back when an ad is showing.
Ads like that make me less likely to buy their product. Even if it's a product I'd otherwise be interested in, I'd go out of my way to not buy it, I'd find an alternative, or just refuse to buy it. Because I'm petty like that.

---
1st Feb 2020, 10:12 PM #143
phoenixjklin: But now youtube has started doing this thing where they think it's more effective to put 2 ads at the beginning AND end of videos.

Yep, hugely annoys me too, now. Sometimes even in the middle. Also, I used to be able to mute the ads, I`m certain, but muting them has no effect any more!

1st Feb 2020, 10:27 PM #144
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
That skillshare thing sounds good but I'd never use it now they hassled me indirectly through so many youtube videos.
1st Feb 2020, 10:28 PM #145
Socratatus:Also, I used to be able to mute the ads, I`m certain, but muting them has no effect any more!

That's also a thing, ads, wherever they are, are always LOUDER than what you were watching. Why? That makes it even more annoying because they don't respect my choice of preferred volume. And it makes it near impossible to watch TV during my apartment building's silent hours because I'll jumpscare my neighbours with ads.

The Letter M:That skillshare thing sounds good but I'd never use it now they hassled me indirectly through so many youtube videos.

I don't mind the skillshare ads because they personally sponsor creators I like. I've used the codes several times as well. Now I just skip forward past them if I'm not interested.

---
1st Feb 2020, 10:35 PM #146
phoenixjklin:That's also a thing, ads, wherever they are, are always LOUDER than what you were watching. Why? That makes it even more annoying because they don't respect my choice of preferred volume. And it makes it near impossible to watch TV during my apartment building's silent hours because I'll jumpscare my neighbours with ads.

Yep, hugely annoys me too. It`s like they saying "You MUST LISTEN TO OUR ADS AND WE`RE GOING TO MAKE SURE YOU CAN`T NOT HEAR OR IGNORE IT!"

Clearly it`s not by accident. I`ll bet they`ve made a deal so whenever they`re braodcasting an Ad the volume is upped something like 10%.

1st Feb 2020, 11:05 PM #147
I don't normally play on my switch in handheld mode, but I've been trying to recently and its just plain difficult. Its too wide and awkwardly heavy in the center. I can't find a good comfortable position :/
1st Feb 2020, 11:43 PM #148
Dinner made my tummy hurt and I feel gross and tired
1st Feb 2020, 11:53 PM #149
I can explain
Why do puzzle games give me motion sickness?

Like I can handle most games. Every shooter I've played in the past two decades, none of them were problems. Ditto for every first-person RPG. I've even done 6DOF games and flight sims, spinning around like a maniac, nothing.

But The Witness? The Talos Principle? Even today, I finally got to the Myst remake on my backlog, and two hours in, I had to take a break because my stomach couldn't handle it.

And it seems to be almost exclusively that sort of first-person puzzle game. Over the past year the only other game I can think of to make me dizzy like this was Metroid Prime, until I got the settings dialed in right. And I suspect that had as much to do with the crappy TV (as opposed to my rather nice PC monitor) as it did the game itself.
2nd Feb 2020, 1:42 PM #150
GMan003:

And it seems to be almost exclusively that sort of first-person puzzle game. Over the past year the only other game I can think of to make me dizzy like this was Metroid Prime, until I got the settings dialed in right. And I suspect that had as much to do with the crappy TV (as opposed to my rather nice PC monitor) as it did the game itself.

For real???! That's literally horrible: I'd hate not being able to comfortably play that
nor Metroid Prime 2! (Leaving out 3 and it's weird controls which I haven't played long
because it possibly COULD make me sick..)

Also, does anyone else get morning sickness almost every morning? I literally feel like I could EASILY heave right now if I
gagged--put a little effort in. It's on the very precipice of extreme dizziness and vomiting more often than not, why can't
I wake up in peace every morning? This'd be understandable if I ate candy and/or dairy products all the time, but I don't think this should happen normally...?

Also going back to the ads thing: Remember that on that kept going "Apply directly to the forehead" OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!?

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

2nd Feb 2020, 3:07 PM #151
goes fast
I have a 3ds but I can't use the 3d part, because I can't see layered 3d and it gives me headaches.
3rd Feb 2020, 2:40 PM #152
I CAN, but had to buy a 2DS after my other one broke :(
I still dislike the normality, and liked when my art kinda
popped out on the Colors 3D game-app...

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

3rd Feb 2020, 6:26 PM #153
I can explain
CrosEL:For real???! That's literally horrible: I'd hate not being able to comfortably play that
nor Metroid Prime 2! (Leaving out 3 and it's weird controls which I haven't played long
because it possibly COULD make me sick..)

It wasn't too bad, it just meant I couldn't play for more than a few hours at a time. And some settings tweaks got rid of most of it, it was something about the HUD shake. I could probably fix it completely by playing on emulator instead of original Gamecube on a shitty TV, but I ended up getting curbstomped by a boss and aborted my playthrough. (Don't worry, I've beaten 1+2 years ago, I was thinking of replaying them and finally finishing 3 but that kind of got derailed.)

Timelapse11:I have a 3ds but I can't use the 3d part, because I can't see layered 3d and it gives me headaches.

You're not missing too much. It's a nice little touch on most games but none of the games I've played made it more than a bit of eye candy, and on a lot of 2D games it's completely useless. I usually leave mine on low, going too high makes my eyes go weird after a while - and I turn it off completely for 2D games, you get better resolution that way.
4th Feb 2020, 11:00 PM #154
When you can't tell if you got the whole splinter out, because it still stings but nothing's visible and there's a paper cut right near the splinter area, and it's on the tip of your index finger of your dominant hand
5th Feb 2020, 2:58 AM #155
Birb is the Worb
It's three AM, I started thinking about death and now I can't sleep. The thought of what it's like to reach the final moment of your life and know there's no going back, or doing or achieving anything else ever again is too horrifying.
Two weeks ago, 12:17 AM #156
phoenixjklin:But now youtube has started doing this thing where they think it's more effective to put 2 ads at the beginning AND end of videos.

Recently, I've been getting THREE ads in a row now. Ads are growing in number on Youtube. Some videos are more ads than video.

---

My usual minor annoyance: My husband's appetite.
He. Just. Eats. Too. Much.
And he cannot gain weight because of his job, but he won't eat less of what I cook (which makes me happy, but at the same time, dude, control your mouth!).
And when I'm eating and barely enjoying the food, he says "More, please?"... At least he waits for me to finish, but is not pretty to feel pressured when I try to eat calmly.
Two weeks ago, 12:34 AM #157
I can explain
Timishayd:Recently, I've been getting THREE ads in a row now. Ads are growing in number on Youtube. Some videos are more ads than video.

For Youtube specifically, I find it best to use both Ublock Origin and SponsorBlock (Firefox addons linked, Chrome probably has equivalents but Chrome doesn't allow addons to do as much as Firefox, especially when it comes to blocking content). The first gets rid of Youtube's own ads, the second even skips over sponsored content within the videos themselves. They definitely make the site a whole lot more enjoyable.
Two weeks ago, 1:01 AM #158
Thanks, GMan003!

I do have uBlock Origin on my pc, the problem is when I'm on the app where ads can't be blocked. It's specially annoying when I'm cooking and try to listen to creepy stories at the same time, haha.
Two weeks ago, 3:16 AM #159
Powerhouse
I use adblock plus. and a specific add on with chrome that stops Youtube from asking .. are you there?
Two weeks ago, 2:26 PM #160
Timishayd:Recently, I've been getting THREE ads in a row now. Ads are growing in number on Youtube. Some videos are more ads than video.

Ah yes, if you're extra lucky you'll get four in a row. Two at the end of a video and two at the beginning of the next. Genius idea, whoever thought of it.

Centcomm:I use adblock plus. and a specific add on with chrome that stops Youtube from asking .. are you there?

Ah, I'm jealous. My computer has decided I can't use the chrome app store anymore. Thing is, I had adblock installed before it decided that, and now it doesn't work, nor can I uninstall it. So certain websites will tell me I can't access it without turning off adblock, or certain downloads will take longer if I don't turn it off. I genuinely can't turn it off.

Youtube turning off my playlist because I haven't interacted with it in a while is stupid. Why would I need to interact with a playlist if it's a good playlist? Instead youtube forcibly distracts me just to confirm I'm still listening/watching.

---
Forum > Mediterranean Avenue > Minor Annoyances
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10