Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Emergency End?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Emergency End?
Pages: [1]

"Emergency End?", One week ago, 6:40 PM #1
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
Alright, I talked about this before out if dark curiosity.. but now it's a real thing:

At the moment: money's tight, so many "easy solutions" are
not something that has to be planned for the future, instead
of next time I browse Amazon. ...The reason why I say this, is because I just only found out today, that my tablet's having trouble charging. Which literally kills progress for UBERNATURA the solutions I can see now are both time consuming and something dramatic as compared to what I would normally do if possible:

Buy another part and risk wasting money/destroying the tablet completely.

Or

Next time it works, have a emergency ending ready, so the project will be done.

The reason why I haven't added a hiatus thing, is because I barely get time to do the comic now: Unless I randomly recieve a new device... waiting to be able buy the part or another tablet will cost money, which I'd need to get in some way... If I somehow get a job, then I know I wouldn't have time for the comic...

So... what do you think I should do for the comic?

Try to fix my tablet/but another? Or End UBERNATURA?

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

One week ago, 7:41 PM #2
whiteshaix

Registration date: 28th Jul 2015
I don't know, you really seem to be in a complicated situation. In your place, I'd put the updates on hiatus and go on drawing on a sketchbook until I can buy a reliable device. I'd hide it if I must, or carry it always with me in a bag (since you said you live with someone who feels entitled to throw away your stuff - seriously though? That doesn't look like rational behaviour to me).
One week ago, 7:43 PM #3
khkddn
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
Registration date: 29th Apr 2015
It's all up to what you want dude. Would you be happy with the emergency ending? Then do it. If not, wait until you can work on it again, work on what you can while your tablet is broken, write your ideas down by hand if you have to
One week ago, 8:40 PM #4
CrosEL

whiteshaix:I don't know, you really seem to be in a complicated situation. In your place, I'd put the updates on hiatus and go on drawing on a sketchbook until I can buy a reliable device. I'd hide it if I must, or carry it always with me in a bag

Merged Doublepost:

khkddn:It's all up to what you want dude. Would you be happy with the emergency ending? Then do it. If not, wait until you can work on it again, work on what you can while your tablet is broken, write your ideas down by hand if you have to

Maybe I should at least continue the script then? Maybe make physical copies of it... I'm actually excited for certain parts of it.. thought it'll be a slog translating everything to drawing.. It'll probably be done up to a specific point...
And the abridged thing's still running fine: although it's crappy adding it as a extra site would at least show something, right?

whiteshaix:(since you said you live with someone who feels entitled to throw away your stuff - seriously though? That doesn't look like rational behaviour to me).

Yes... it was just my parents... but there's been WAY too many instance when literally anyone would just come and toss or move things they didn't think should be there.. and I'm like "What the hell!?" and nobody cares at all! I outta burn everybody's things in the burning barrel and act like I have no idea what happened to it...

...Sorry but, but even thinking back makes me very mad, how could you live for years with someone and care NOTHING for them at all???! Everything feels like patronizing by now..

6 days ago, 12:02 AM #5
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Smash cut to a guy blowing horn and a giant snake breaking through the crust of the earth. Then all the characters say "oh no, RAGNAROK!" and if there's any space left at the end draw undead Vikings fighting frost giants.
6 days ago, 7:26 AM #6
whiteshaix

That sounds like something I could do.
6 days ago, 8:05 PM #7
CrosEL

The Letter M:Smash cut to a guy blowing horn and a giant snake breaking through the crust of the earth. Then all the characters say "oh no, RAGNAROK!" and if there's any space left at the end draw undead Vikings fighting frost giants.

To tell you the truth, I planned something like that.. lol!
Except for without undead vikings, sadly there's a lack of them
in the story...

Merged Doublepost:

whiteshaix:...
That sounds like something I could do.

For real?!

Also...

Dumb question but: Should the script even continue? I mean,
IF the thing can't be fixed.. maybe a apocalyptic
end should be written soon, instead my continuing the script
after this arc? Like should everything screech to a grindin' halt?!
Or just the comic, but the script lives on... somewhere?
(I'm hating Deviant Art for trolling, more and more now...)

6 days ago, 9:42 PM #8
whiteshaix

I was joking. I just like Norse mythology.
Well, my suggestion is: even if you bring your apocalyptic end, go on with the script like it never happened. Then, when you are able to draw comics again, take down the ending and upload the story you wanted to write. You're the author, you're allowed to change your story as you like! Wouldn't be the first time something similar happened after all.
5 days ago, 1:12 PM #9
CrosEL

Alright, sounds fun!
Thanks everyone for your help!
I already have a emergency ending being fleshing out from inside now!

(It's at a perfect time in the comic, too!)

Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Emergency End?
Pages: [1]