Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I see what you did there.
21st Oct 2019, 12:33 PM #3
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
you might have to hit ctrl + f5 on some pages for everything to show up correctly, i had to replace some images and scripts in places.

Also, let me know if I forgot anything/something doesn't look right. I initially thought I could knock this out pretty quickly, just change a few colors, badabing badabang, but nope.

also also, if you have any improvement suggestions, let me know. Layouts aren't really my forte

(bark mode can be activated in your account settings)
21st Oct 2019, 1:09 PM #4
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Woa. This is trippy. But my monitor is like a mile wide so it's probably better for the eyes like this.
21st Oct 2019, 1:19 PM #5
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Time to write ComicFury site creepypasta!
21st Oct 2019, 1:20 PM #6
Kyo
🐊
now that I've added a dark mode to the site, i finally have the time required to focus my attention on an evil mode
21st Oct 2019, 1:32 PM #7
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
"(...) I clicked on the evil mode.
Then suddenly, THE HYPER-REALISTIC CROCODILE BLOOD splashed from the screen. After wiping my eyes from it, the whole room was made out of Crocodile scales. I looked up, and saw a huge rectangular hole in the sky.
I was in the purse...(...)
"
21st Oct 2019, 1:58 PM #8
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
kiwi mode when

i want to see the horrors that came before my time
21st Oct 2019, 1:58 PM #9
AlphaCalibri
Lowest Common Dominator
Registration date: 30th Apr 2015
goodbye color

im shifting into my dark mode now
21st Oct 2019, 2:30 PM #10
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
I've got a bone to pick with the bark mode.

...I'll see myself out

*comes back*

okay so the thing is, CF is actually one of the few sites that don't hurt my eyes at night, probably because of the neutral-ish shades of green and grey. but I still like the idea of a dark mode, and it's pretty good! dunno if I'll use it much, but it's great to know it's there.

that being said, how about making links green in dark mode? (the green you use for the footer links in light mode should be fine) as proved by TVTropes' dark mode, blue doesn't look that great on black.

to be completely honest, I'd turn blue links green even in light mode, but that's another matt-er
21st Oct 2019, 3:10 PM #11
Nama
🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍎🍏🍍
Registration date: 15th Nov 2012
Kyo:now that I've added a dark mode to the site, i finally have the time required to focus my attention on an evil mode

we already have kyovision
21st Oct 2019, 3:19 PM #12
Turquoise
Votes early, votes often
Registration date: 4th Aug 2014
Oooooooh!!

Snazzy.
21st Oct 2019, 4:09 PM #13
Text
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
i agree with matt, the blue links feel mostly weird. maybe sample a green from near the top of the logo?

Merged Doublepost:

or maybe from that one toony gator, actually
21st Oct 2019, 10:10 PM #14
Kyo
🐊
the reason I used blue for the links is that our comicfury gray™ has a bit of blue in it. I wasn't sure about them at first but I have to say that I got used to them quite quickly, now I think they fit in really well. But oh god, what if my first instinct was correct? or worse yet, what if it's impossible to even determine a set of objective criteria to evaluate this thing by?!! oh my god

uh anyway, I'll play around with them a bit, try out some greens, maybe post some screenshots.

Merged Doublepost:

here's some alternate color schemes:

i think anything that isn't fairly muted starts to look a bit weird in places where there's a high link density, like the from the forum sidebar on the frontpage. although I guess I could also selectively recolor those

I think i still like blue the best, but maybe I didn't pick the right tones to use
22nd Oct 2019, 12:14 PM #15
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
Kyo:or worse yet, what if it's impossible to even determine a set of objective criteria to evaluate this thing by?!! oh my god

oh uh yeah. I guess color schemes are inherently subjective. for example, people keep telling me I dress like a garish clown.

anyway those examples look pretty cool. say, how intensive would it be for the servers if you were to allow people to pick a custom link color in their account settings? ultimate customization settings for the win
22nd Oct 2019, 12:33 PM #16
LMS

Registration date: 11th Jul 2016
If you change the links, I vote the middle, green one.
22nd Oct 2019, 2:24 PM #17
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Kyo:a set of objective criteria to evaluate this thing by?!!

Matt Comics:I guess color schemes are inherently subjective.

It's subjective in the sense that you select a favored scheme, but it's objective in the rules of color harmony, like there are rules to musical harmony.

If you want your interface to fight with the content, then your scheme will be disharmonious and garish. Clearly, the interface here comprises of intentionally muted tones so it doesn't draw too much attention, so objectively speaking, the color choices are limited to muted tones that harmonize with each other. The most saturated colors are the green in the Comic Fury logo, and the blue in the gender icon. Everything else should riff off those precise colors with more or less muted tones.

Another consideration includes the logic of consistency. Since the gender icon is not clickable and it's a blue tone, then logically all blue-toned elements (of that specific blue) should not be clickable links, just status info. Since the logo is clickable and it's green, then logically all green elements should be clickable links. Whitish or grey tones in the titles and headings and text are not clickable, so for consistency those tones shouldn't be used in menu links without a clear difference to prevent ambiguity, such as button borders or a different background tone/shade.
22nd Oct 2019, 2:46 PM #18
Kei Esteban
Catgirl Connoisseur
Registration date: 11th Feb 2018
If you do decide to alter the links,
than I also vote for the Middle, Green one.

I am fine with the Blue tho,
and would continue to use Dark Mode as is.
Overall I like this mode.

22nd Oct 2019, 6:02 PM #19
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
Kyo:arf arf

Just dropped by to say the dark mode is literally the sexiest thing I have ever seen in my whole life.
22nd Oct 2019, 6:05 PM #20
Text
yeah, i generally like bark mode. the blue links look pretty good, but when you go to a link-heavy page they suddenly become a little jarring—the user control panel counts if you have a lot of updated threads in it, and even just forum threads get to be a little Much. i’m finding i’ll kinda go “oh this isn’t bad i like this” on the noticeboard, but then when i go to a forum thread it just ends up being Too Much Blue

Merged Doublepost:

my alternate suggestion is to leave a lot of the primary links blue, like links to profiles, forum sections, etc, while making the others a different color that pops a little less. that might be more trouble than it’s worth though