Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Ideas for Anniversary?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > Ideas for Anniversary?
Pages: [1]

"Ideas for Anniversary?", 4th Nov 2019, 6:00 AM #1
snuffysam

Registration date: 27th Feb 2014
The fourth anniversary of Super Galaxy Knights Deluxe R is coming up on February 29th, 2020. Since that will be the first "actual" anniversary the comic's had (because leap days), I figured it should be the biggest event in Super Galaxy Knights to date!

(hence why I'm starting planning this early)

So... any ideas for what I should do to celebrate?

I'm already planning on releasing two short stories and redrawing an older chapter, which is pretty much an anniversary tradition by now.

I'm also planning on creating a short bonus comic (3-5 pages), to be released on the anniversary.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

I thought of doing a character Q&A, but having two of those four months apart doesn't sit right with me. Perhaps a Q&A with me instead? A caption contest could be funny, but not really "big" in the way I was thinking.

Thoughts?
4th Nov 2019, 6:13 AM #2
authorloremipsum

Registration date: 11th Sep 2018
For my comic's first anniversary, i did a little fan-art contest where the winners' characters could be features in the background!

It's not much but it was sweet, and made filling up a background with patrons really easy.
4th Nov 2019, 4:15 PM #3
Robotwin.com

Registration date: 22nd Sep 2010
Offer some swag like a poster and t-shirts. Maybe do a giveaway sweepstakes kind of thing, so you can build a marketing list.
4th Nov 2019, 6:39 PM #4
snuffysam

authorloremipsum:For my comic's first anniversary, i did a little fan-art contest where the winners' characters could be features in the background!

It's not much but it was sweet, and made filling up a background with patrons really easy.

That sounds like a lot of fun!

And there will be a few scenes after the anniversary that will require a bunch of background characters...

Robotwin.com:Offer some swag like a poster and t-shirts. Maybe do a giveaway sweepstakes kind of thing, so you can build a marketing list.

Hm... I'm not sure about this one.

Like, I feel like posters and t-shirts would cost about $20 each including shipping. And while that's not, like, a ton, it's also not insignificant.

I guess if I started a merch store at the same time, I could theoretically make the money back?
4th Nov 2019, 6:49 PM #5
Amazing Chris Godbey
formerly DrFurball
Registration date: 16th Jan 2015
Location: Paradise City, where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
Well, the traditional theme for a fourth wedding anniversary is either Fruit & Flowers, or Linen & Silk. Maybe a short story with one of those as a theme?
Two weeks ago, 4:00 AM #6
snuffysam

Amazing Chris Godbey:Well, the traditional theme for a fourth wedding anniversary is either Fruit & Flowers, or Linen & Silk. Maybe a short story with one of those as a theme?

Either of those would work as a theme in the bonus comic I'm planning...
12 days ago, 5:27 AM #7
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
You could do something like create some printable anniversary themed color sheets. You wouldn't have to offer up the prints, but people would get something special they could interact with.
Or you could alternatively have the line-work you did and host a coloring contest with it...

Or, anything that was downloadable and printable (with like, your signature or website in the corner or something?)

Maybe these are lame ideas. I'm just thinking something that could get people involved.
11 days ago, 4:46 AM #8
snuffysam

I like the idea of printable things people can do! Maybe a puzzle? Or some sort of papercraft thing?
11 days ago, 6:32 AM #9
authorloremipsum

Registration date: 11th Sep 2018
Coloring page, paper dolls, origami, there's lots of possibilities!
I would google "Fun paper activities" and see what comes up
11 days ago, 9:53 AM #10
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
Make a blooper reel? Reminiscing of old times?
11 days ago, 6:57 PM #11
BustyLaroo

Registration date: 5th Feb 2019
Big group pics of the characters are always good. :) Possibly with some text thanking your readers and whatnot.
11 days ago, 7:36 PM #12
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I was thinking of maybe putting up a contest? With art as prizes? Those are always fun.
3 days ago, 4:03 AM #13
snuffysam

authorloremipsum:Coloring page, paper dolls, origami, there's lots of possibilities!
I would google "Fun paper activities" and see what comes up

Coloring page could be weird because of how my comic's outlines work, but the rest sounds fun!

TheStrangerous:Make a blooper reel? Reminiscing of old times?

Hmm maybe for one or two scenes yeah!

BustyLaroo:Big group pics of the characters are always good. :) Possibly with some text thanking your readers and whatnot.

Yup, of course :)

MK_Wizard:I was thinking of maybe putting up a contest? With art as prizes? Those are always fun.

What sort of contest would you be thinking, and what sort of art would be prizes?
3 days ago, 12:47 PM #14
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I was thinking like a best fan rendition of a character and the prizes would be commissions.