Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - My Subscriptions sometimes doesn't update.

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > ComicFury Problems, Critique and Suggestions > My Subscriptions sometimes doesn't update.
Pages: [1]

"My Subscriptions sometimes doesn't update.", 12 days ago, 12:05 AM #1
Marcel

Registration date: 27th Jan 2018
I just assumed the comics weren't being updated until I discovered that they had been. For example I mentioned on Bruno Harm #112 that the last update that showed on the My Subscriptions page was #39. It sometimes happens with other comics too.
12 days ago, 12:54 PM #2
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
that's strange. Just to clarify - are you talking about the subscriptions tab on the front page, or the "my subscriptions" page in the top bar? And uh, when you say it occasionally happens, do you mean that it self corrects shortly after, or will the webcomic in question stay in the wrong position until the next update?

a screenshot of it happening might also help make sure that we're on the same page about what's happening.

There is one known problem where this sort of thing can happen, which is if you edit a page's release date to be in the future, after it's already been released at some point. To prevent people editing comic page dates to stay on the new updates tab indefinitely, a comic can only ever trigger a webcomic to show on the front page once. If you accidentally mess up and release a comic you didn't mean to release, then edit it to be released in the future, this can also happen. As a side effect of this mechanism, the subscriptions page is also affected by the same thing (although I really need to fix that, it's been on the todo list for a while).

If that's what's happening, then e.g. the webcomic's comic profile will also show the last release date incorrectly. However, I checked bruno harm, and it's last update value is not erroneous. So if this is still happening to you right now with bruno harm, it would be a different problem than the one I described above.
12 days ago, 6:05 PM #3
Marcel

I mean the "My Subscriptions" page titled "Your subscribed webcomics". Sometimes it doesn't tell me that a comic has been updated. I used Bruno Harm as an example because I made a note of the pages involved, but it occasionally happens in other comics as well. The subscribed webcomics page listed page #39 when it was posted, but didn't tell me when pages #40 through #111 were posted. The next time it listed an update was #112. I suppose that's what you mean by staying in the wrong position. I assume it was still down there on the list somewhere until an update brings it to the top. I'm subscribed to over 100 comics which makes me wonder if that has something to do with it. I visit almost every day to read them so it's unlikely I've missed the updates. Bruno is in the correct position now.
12 days ago, 6:37 PM #4
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
it probably is the thing I described then, that's doing it. It's a pretty annoying bug and fixing it is overdue, I agree. I'll try to make that the next thing I do.
11 days ago, 6:50 AM #5
Marcel

Your description of the problem went a bit over my head but I'm glad I helped in some way. Thanks!