Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Bannings

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Pages: [1] [2]

"Bannings", 6th Nov 2019, 7:48 AM #1
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Who goes up? Who goes down? Why? Why? Why?!
-John Constantine.

There’s been a lot of talk of bannings recently and I’m getting nervous. What’s off the table here? I hear a guy got banned for dissing Pokémon? And one for saying he didn’t think much of women? I’m assuming that was what he said at least, there was a lot to read there and I just took in the highlights. I saw that frog dude so it had to either be not thinking much of women or wanting to invade Poland.

So what’s the score? I’m not buying the next pok’emon either but that’s not a moral objection. I’m just not 4 years old. When is my ban coming?
6th Nov 2019, 8:55 AM #2
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
oh god what happened now
6th Nov 2019, 9:00 AM #3
Morgenstern
Fun-sized
Registration date: 17th Jun 2010
I got my weeeeeed caaaaaaard
6th Nov 2019, 9:21 AM #4
The Letter M
I dunno. There's already a thread about it. This is pretty thin even for med Avenue. Don't ban me.
6th Nov 2019, 9:26 AM #5
Kyo
🐊
ok i guess i won't ban you
6th Nov 2019, 9:30 AM #6
The Letter M
Alright!!!

6th Nov 2019, 10:20 AM #7
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
Just don't talk back to Nama and you'll be fine M.
6th Nov 2019, 12:24 PM #8
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
nama can't ban me because we're alternate selves and the timeline would collapse
6th Nov 2019, 12:30 PM #9
TheStrangerous

Registration date: 12th Jun 2018
What if someone prefers Yo Kai Watch over Pokémon?
6th Nov 2019, 12:40 PM #10
Text
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
we’re not supposed to say that here, they’ll send you to the mines
6th Nov 2019, 1:27 PM #11
AlphaCalibri
Lowest Common Dominator
Registration date: 30th Apr 2015
at least here you cant get banned for spamming projectiles
so really how much do you actually gotta worry
6th Nov 2019, 1:37 PM #12
The Letter M
Is that some kind of RTS themed comment? Like “the enemy is going to land troops in my base so I’ll start spamming projectiles!”

I can’t Comprehend the comment any other way than as an obscure gaming reference.

Merged Doublepost:

Oh no. I’m derailing my own thread. Is this a ban hammer I see before me?
6th Nov 2019, 1:44 PM #13
Kyo
🐊
what? oh sorry, nope, just carrying my regular hammer
6th Nov 2019, 1:46 PM #14
The Letter M
I can’t talk back to Nama if we never open a diologue... can you tell Nama I’m not talking to him?
6th Nov 2019, 2:17 PM #15
Text
just tell me, i’m only technically nama
6th Nov 2019, 2:22 PM #16
Dodom
iiIIEEEHHEEEIIMM eeeeaaauuu hhYYYAaaaa
Registration date: 6th Sep 2009
Any hammer can be a banhammer if it was consecrated by being stored in a barn over the winter, becoming a barnhammer, and then just being used until the "r" is shaken off... I think. I'm not an admin so I can't be sure but after observing from a distance I think that's how it works. So don't fall for a false sense of security.
6th Nov 2019, 2:22 PM #17
mr.Trouble
started a new life without the kids
Registration date: 3rd Mar 2016
Am I allowed to post this. Asking for a friend

<the answer is no>
6th Nov 2019, 2:31 PM #18
Dodom
iiIIEEEHHEEEIIMM eeeeaaauuu hhYYYAaaaa
Registration date: 6th Sep 2009
There's actually a rule against memes. A written down rule in the forum rules that you can read for free!
6th Nov 2019, 3:06 PM #19
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
dunno how wise it is to make threads about recent bans, but then again I guess this forum loves controversy. but more importantly, your curiosity about CF's banning process shall not go unrewarded!

lemme tell you a secret: I've heard someone (doesn't really matter who, it can even be a bunch of bots) has to get banned every 35th day of the Hammer Month, otherwise the site will collapse. this is what happens when you sign a blood contract with a gator demon.

Kyo usually fills that requirement with random bots, but what will happen when they stop invading the site?

dun dun dunnn
6th Nov 2019, 4:27 PM #20
TanteiSakana
Registration date: 29th Dec 2009
This forum has drama but, unusually, actually seems to get over it most of the time, so I'm thinking this forum's habit of making meta-threads about drama may actually not be the worst idea in the world :p

Also, god I feel like everyone's going to hate me for this, but from what I've seen... the mods don't ban people for questioning their or anyone else's judgment if you're tactful about it, and I can definitely see where someone would think that thread had crossed that line. If it wasn't for mod intervention, I'm sure at least one person would've said, "Geez, calm down," and things very well could've escalated from there. That's what the person what getting snippy about in the first place, after all.

Here, that judgement call might've seemed a little tenuous, but I have special sympathy for this kind of situation—I once tried to de-escalate a thread I started that I thought was starting to get into off-topic arguing, and was early and inarticulate enough that it ended up killing the thread before anything actually happened. As a result, it's hard for me to think of this as anything but an honest mistake at worst, and things are stable enough here that I can't help but feel what the mods do actually works most of the time.

I mean, I'm sure someone's going to say I'm brownnosing here, but look, we're in a thread about questioning the mods' judgement that the mods are keeping open even though it's mostly filled with joky venting right now. I'm not terribly well versed in Internet communities, but I get the impression that's fairly unusual.

And personally, I've been here for a while, and this basically feels like any other ban to me. To be honest, I'm slightly confused as to why this one in particular has been noteworthy enough to get a thread, but maybe I just don't pay good attention to things :p

The way I see it, you mostly get banned on ComicFury if you articulate your arguments in a way that wouldn't convince skeptics of your viewpoint anyway, and once you look at it like that, everything falls into place. If I get banned on the forums here, I'd mostly take it as a message to git gud at internet arguing :p