Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - ComicFury mission statement reevaluation (extremely important)

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > News & Announcements > ComicFury mission statement reevaluation (extremely important)
Pages: [1] [2] [3]

One week ago, 9:09 PM #41
Jessie Blue
rivaling gator
Registration date: 9th Feb 2015
My opponent Text is only against the two-party system until a viable third candidate is in the ring and suddenly a vote for me is "throwing away" your vote.

A vote for Jessie is a vote for avatar freedom! Jessie will bring back the pit for everyday use not just the sacred month of April! There will be no cilantro in our glorious rooftop garden.

A vote for Kyo is a vote for the statists! Vote New Hotness, git rid of Old 'n Busted.
One week ago, 9:14 PM #42
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
I'm just gonna vote for myself, as always.
One week ago, 9:40 PM #43
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
I am the average Australian voter so I only care about how quickly you can drink a beer, punch a greenie and sell our land to coal companies.

Woot woot, where dat CO2 at?
One week ago, 11:19 PM #44
Text
And who could forget dear future knight
Registration date: 17th Dec 2011
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
Jessie Blue:My opponent Text is only against the two-party system until a viable third candidate is in the ring and suddenly a vote for me is "throwing away" your vote.

A vote for Jessie is a vote for avatar freedom! Jessie will bring back the pit for everyday use not just the sacred month of April! There will be no cilantro in our glorious rooftop garden.

A vote for Kyo is a vote for the statists! Vote New Hotness, git rid of Old 'n Busted.

i’m still against it, i’m just being realistic, jessie

don’t vote for a candidate who will pursue impossible fantasy, much less one who can’t win under the flawed system anyway. vote for me, the orange candidate who WON’T build a wall
6 days ago, 2:18 AM #45
Cooke
it's pronounced "Kooky"
Registration date: 4th Sep 2016
So this isn't about the animated avatars then? Sad.
6 days ago, 3:13 AM #46
killersteak
Botanist
Registration date: 25th Apr 2011
The Letter M:I am the average Australian voter so I only care about how quickly you can drink a beer, punch a greenie and sell our land to coal companies.

Woot woot, where dat CO2 at?

vote for me and ill eliminate the non existent death tax the other party isnt planning.

dont rant about murdoch. dont rant about murdoch. cf is your happy place. cf is your happy place.
6 days ago, 3:31 AM #47
Text
Location: I̼̤̜̖̬̒͌ͬͦ t͒ͦh̤̗͢ȉ̪̥̏͛ͩͅn̺͙͕̳̈̉̏̎͑̐ ͞k ̜̫̓͑̉̿ͥ͑i̱t͎͇̦͊̊͢'s̝͈̩͓̠̊ ̅͡ ̪ͣͬͩ̾ͤ̎ḯ̭̻͔͕̖̟͐n̑͂͌͛͑ ͨ͆ͥͫͯt̟ͤ̌̔ẖ̡̝̤̹͓̳̎̓e̼̯͍̹̥ ͈ ̬̳̤̝͙̜̋̏̓̄un͉̯̣͎̥̮̍͒͐̆i͕̗ ̲̘͕̮̪ͫͯ̅̀v̡̠̟̰͚̘͙̂̾̅e͚͍̥̟̬ ̜̬̎͗͠rs̯̹ͪͧ͒e̶̺̅ͧ̎ͪ̅ ̵͙̝̖̮ṣ̪̒͘o̱͈̓͊me̝̹͉̥̳̓̍w̲ ̲̫̘̥̌ͪ͗̐ͨ͝h͆ͩer͓͇̪̫̂̊̆̄͛̊̀ ḙ͔͑ͤ́ͪ.̗̫
all right, listen, folks, there's been a lot of talk here and there, about some statements i may have made, which may have alluded to the addition of cilantro into our fine rooftop garden that doesn't exist yet. let me explain.

do you like motorcycles? motorcycles are cool. what about those big, beefy ones, with the spikes, and the flames that come out of the pipes? those are pretty hardcore, wouldn't you say? you can really get behind them. but you don't like eating them, right? of course not. so now consider cilantro. truly, one of the most hardcore of spices. you don't have to like to eat it to acknowledge its power. the fear it will inspire in its enemies.

so i say we go further. let's add ginger to the garden. but also, let's add something understated and pleasant, like lemon thyme. because we still have a soft, warm side. we want to make the world a better place. it is as i said, me, no one else, in my original book, Quotes From Text: A Compendium of Things Text (Me, No One Else) Said: "talk softly, and ride a big motorcycle"

text for admin 2020!
6 days ago, 5:23 AM #48
Vincethestick
sensitive
Registration date: 7th Jan 2014
ha ha but what if I uh vote in for Harambe ha ha

just kidding ha ha

unless...;)
6 days ago, 7:05 AM #49
Text
after careful consideration i have changed my campaign motto to “motto mcmottoface”

i had no ulterior motives here, aside from winning your vote, the goal of any motto

also i promise to add a new mode, Dimly Lit Mode, for when dark mode is just too dark. need to find your keys at night but light mode is just too eye-searingly bright? simulate that barely-effective flashlight vibe with Dimly Lit Mode. act now and i’ll throw in darkest mode, for when you’ve given up on this website and just want to never see it again
6 days ago, 12:02 PM #50
The Letter M
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
Registration date: 28th Nov 2012
Can you add a brightness slidebar so we can modulate out brightness on the fly? Maybe you can have unlockable brightness modes with fury dollars. Maybe you can switch comic avatars for bright lights and make the website play a midi of Bright lights, Big City.
6 days ago, 2:23 PM #51
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
alright Text you asked for it. seems like I'm also gonna have to promise a nifty upgrade if I want to get some votes.

vote for me and you'll unlock meow mode!

preview:

6 days ago, 2:44 PM #52
Adina
Vagabond returned home, to an identity crisis
Registration date: 31st Oct 2014
h-how do u guys make site mockups
6 days ago, 2:52 PM #53
Text
vote for me and meow mode won’t feature garfield in its rotation
6 days ago, 3:02 PM #54
LMS

Registration date: 11th Jul 2016
I'll admit, that tempts me a little. But not enough good-doer.

Adina:h-how do u guys make site mockups

If you have a computer you can click F12 to open up the Developer Tools. Grab an HTML reference list, and go wild.
6 days ago, 3:07 PM #55
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
vote for me and i promise to unlock the forbidden account settings, which contains a mystery surprise that may or may not include meow mode
6 days ago, 4:14 PM #56
Miaubol
Cat Queen
Registration date: 7th Sep 2014
Meow mode! That changes everything!

I may or may not want to change my vote. Depending on what exactly the other party promises.
6 days ago, 4:18 PM #57
Text
i won’t make it a premium-only feature

also, no backsies
6 days ago, 4:26 PM #58
Matt Comics
🏋️‍🎨𝕽𝖊𝖓𝖆𝖎𝖘𝖘𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖊 𝕸𝖆𝖓 💅🏂
tbh this one was the result of messing with CSS on my end like LMS said, and editing in GIMP.

there really are many layers of code here, and the top bars are still fairly simple compared to, say, anything with dropdown navigation and whatever else. no wonder bark mode took forever to write. all we need now is mouse mode
6 days ago, 4:36 PM #59
Kyo
🐊
Registration date: 6th Jul 2008
honestly, if you wanted to mess with the css, the easiest thing to do would probably just be to search and replace the colors in this file