Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
28th Aug 2020, 7:31 AM #621
Congratulations! (Software!)

Found a lot of good comics lately! Maybe Kyo did good things to the random tab on the front page?
28th Aug 2020, 4:23 PM #622
LMS

I have a job interview on Monday and the breaded shrimp I made for lunch came out better than my usual attempts at pan-frying things.
28th Aug 2020, 4:45 PM #623
I took today and Monday off. I have the PTO, so I'm gonna use it damnit ^_^

28th Aug 2020, 5:31 PM #624
so i started on a new minecraft server, and within the first few hours i found diamonds! i think i also found a notch apple as well, I'll check on the wiki later
31st Aug 2020, 3:31 AM #625
Finally got to a bookstore today. This was wonderful, because I haven't read a book which I haven't read before since February. All of my reading has been on the 'net: News by day and comix by night. I've been wanting a long-read in print for a long time.

I had two titles in mind, but they weren't available.

Ironically, the two books I bought were both graphic novels by artists who are strictly print-oriented.

It remains a good thing that happened. :-)

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
31st Aug 2020, 6:49 PM #626
I forgot how fulfilling and energizing it feels to be at work, even if the work I'm doing is neither of those things. Seeing my colleagues, however briefly, was really helpful, and having a vague plan about how we're going to make the next few months was gently motivating.
I left and ran several more errands. I feel on top of the world.

I always forget how much my energy can self generate when I'm actually spending it meaningfully. Left to my own devices with no one to do anything for I kind of just become a damp husk
31st Aug 2020, 6:52 PM #627
Ran my errands, did my chores, managed to feed baby some solids, made ice cream and made two loaves of white bread. AND completed a commission job. Productive by my standards.
31st Aug 2020, 7:01 PM #628
I got back to France two days before Poland closed borders, so of I had my plane flight two days later I'd be stuck
31st Aug 2020, 7:40 PM #629
LMS

I think I got a job.
31st Aug 2020, 7:51 PM #630
3D Animated a bunch and starting another blender unity course *_* . Also started making an angular app for fun
31st Aug 2020, 9:34 PM #631
MK_Wizard:Ran my errands, did my chores, managed to feed baby some solids, made ice cream and made two loaves of white bread. AND completed a commission job. Productive by my standards.

I am truly impressed. I thought baking was going to go away again with the loosening of the Pandemic Restrictions.

Which reminds me, now that the weather is beginning to cool in the Northern Hemisphere, I can bake brownies again without turning my flat into a sauna.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
1st Sep 2020, 10:21 AM #632
mitchellbravo:I forgot how fulfilling and energizing it feels to be at work, even if the work I'm doing is neither of those things. Seeing my colleagues, however briefly, was really helpful, and having a vague plan about how we're going to make the next few months was gently motivating.
I left and ran several more errands. I feel on top of the world.

I always forget how much my energy can self generate when I'm actually spending it meaningfully. Left to my own devices with no one to do anything for I kind of just become a damp husk

Awesome! And yep, I can always find things to do, but can't keep at them if I can't at least pretend I'm doing it for other people's benefit or amusement.
2nd Sep 2020, 12:22 AM #633
My leaking ceiling was a <$30 fix instead of a >$300 fix like I expected

In general I had a really nice day and feel thankful about it. I watched TV with my husband and had tea and kicked off the knitting season and had fast food for dinner and got a little cleaning done.

Sometimes a good day is just a day where nothing too bad happened to you
2nd Sep 2020, 1:14 AM #634
goes fast
I decided to make a cosplay of a character who has a phone for a head, and the phone head I literally cobbled together from cardboard scraps and other stuff I found around my house is going really well, I have had to buy a few other things for it, I'm still waiting for the spray paint to arrive, and the mesh, and the curly phone wire thingy, but apart from that, it's practically done. Considering the fact I decided to make this thing at half ten at night and stayed up until one making a prototype, my cobbled together cosplay is going great! XD
2nd Sep 2020, 2:54 AM #635
My webcomic just cracked 10K views! Woo!
2nd Sep 2020, 2:59 AM #636
loved birds way before they were the word
It finally, FINALLY rained today after a long dry spell. Not a hard storm, just a nice soaking rain. It’s also been one of those days where you can tell autumn is coming. I’m ready for spooky season no matter what 2020 has in store for me.

I also entirely forgot to pick up my dog’s rabies tag even though she got her shots right before we adopted her. Grabbed it today and it was quick and painless. Plus the tag has this cheap, industrial, hand-stamped quality that I genuinely like. It’s acorn-shaped for no reason at all, which tickles me, idk why
2nd Sep 2020, 3:49 AM #637
Got another big batch of panels for comic Zarathustra Zone from the artist I'm working with tehcelub! Gonna try to get a chapter or two done before posting it but their art just keeps getting better and they translate a meager script very nicely with little direction

3rd Sep 2020, 1:38 AM #638
goes fast
Still waiting on the spray paint and the mesh, but the rest of it is going great. I'm surprised I managed to bend the cardboard tube like that. Looks a little lop sided on the top there because I'm using tape to hold it there, gonna glue it properly once everything has been painted. It fits my headphones in too, so I may be able to make a few let's plays as the character.
4th Sep 2020, 2:04 AM #639
Environment Knight
Today was absolutely godawful for a ton of tiny, inconsequential reasons that just piled up on top of each other, but I'm choosing to post in the Good Things thread because I just realized nothing is stopping me from setting everything aside and taking a hot bath and listening to "Ave Maria" and crying it out, and that's a Good Thing
4th Sep 2020, 6:45 PM #640
It's not really a good thing, but it does make me laugh. My phone is at the point of needing to be replaced, is constantly on the verge of not having room for anything despite me having the bare minimum on it, shits its own pants when I make the mistake of trying to send a text as someone is sending me a text (particularly if either or both are like, an image, or contain an emoji).

But lately it's started doing this thing where as I'm trying to type, if someone is sending me a picture message like I described above, the phone starts to REPEAT WORDS IN WEIRD AND GRADUALLY LONGER CHUNKS, like it would be like "hello hello how hello how are hello how are you?" when all I typed was "hello how are you" and it feels like my stuttering character is briefly manifesting in our realm thru the messaging software

For real content I got some good holiday decorations for cheap and a nice painting of a porcupine
Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38