Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
4th Sep 2020, 7:12 PM #641
I have accidentally picked the best time, to see The Shining for the first time.

The movie was 40 years ahead of it's time, but without the internet.
4th Sep 2020, 8:30 PM #642
^ When you're done, do yourself a favor and watch the documentary Room 237 ^_^

4th Sep 2020, 8:34 PM #643
I finally finished a doll reroot today! I also started planning the design for a new doll, and made a few mini pumpkins out of modelling clay

4th Sep 2020, 8:40 PM #644
Oh nice! I've made some customized figures, but never anything with rooted hair.

Like her, for example:

4th Sep 2020, 8:48 PM #645
KidCthulhu:Oh nice! I've made some customized figures, but never anything with rooted hair.

Like her, for example:

Thats pretty cool! I've never attempted sculpting hair before, ive always rooted or done yarn wefts, like these ones
4th Sep 2020, 10:39 PM #646
Feet and hands dirty from meaningful work.
4th Sep 2020, 10:41 PM #647
I managed to draw an image with decent proportions and I even drawn a nice background for it.
4th Sep 2020, 11:20 PM #648
Got my sheets and blanket laundered.

An ongoing good thing:

When one uses a laundry room at my complex, there's a small sign taped to a safety cone reading "Laundry Room In Use" One turns the sign facing out when using the laundry, and turns it back to facing the door when finished.

The manager instituted this during Lockdown so people won't blunder into each other in the laundry rooms. The rooms are very small( just two washer/dryer sets) and half submerged in the ground, so you might not know anybody is in the room until you open the door.

I have found there isn't any extra waiting to use the laundry rooms than there was before Lockdown. It's a small complex, people are considerate of one another, and people do not leave their laundry indefinitely.

Due to the coin-shortage in amerika, the complex manager began making change for tenants so that we don't have to go out an hassle stores and banks for laundry change. He simply exchanges coins emptied from the laundry machines for tenants to reuse.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
4th Sep 2020, 11:26 PM #649
Environment Knight
My two weeks of post-travel quarantine is over and I can FINALLY GO ON A DATE
5th Sep 2020, 12:06 AM #650
goes fast
Spray paint came today, so I started painting my phone head/mask thingy. The metallic paint would need a lot of coats so I ended up spraying it with red and then using the metallic paint as an overlay, which seems to have worked, it got dark out so I had to pack up, I'm gonna finish it tomorrow, here's hoping it's a nice day. Still waiting for the mesh to be dispatched, I get it'll take a while, even more so since I got it from etsy, but I really hope it get sent soon.
5th Sep 2020, 2:48 AM #651
loved birds way before they were the word
Backstory: Lutzbug dyes her hair purple like her avatar.

My roots were showing so bad that my hair wouldn’t take my normal dye touchups, so I bleached it by myself for the first time. My hair lady usually bleaches it because I’ve been afraid of melting all my hair off, but I can’t afford it anymore. The last time she did it was in January. However, I decided to try the DIY hair bleach kit and it was a success. My hair is this shitty yellow color at the moment, but that’ll change once it dries and I can dye it. I’m so ready to put my normal purple-blue color in.

Edit: it’s midnight and my hair is all done! I’m so freaking happy with how it came out, it even has this nice blue-purple gradient from the sides to the top that I didn’t really intend, but I love it. Bleaching and dyeing my hair at home has been a success and I’ll continue doing it until long after I’m an old fart in a care home. It’s been a nice confidence boost. If I’m going to face life’s issues head-on, I might as well do it with cool hair.
5th Sep 2020, 6:46 AM #652
I got 119 page views between 2 visitors today! With only 63 pages of content that's very good for me :)

5th Sep 2020, 6:14 PM #653
Environment Knight
me earlier:My two weeks of post-travel quarantine is over and I can FINALLY GO ON A DATE

upDATE:
HAD A GREAT TIME, ATE PIE AND WENT TO THE MARINA
5th Sep 2020, 6:18 PM #654
I spend almost the whole day in the forest- I got to see various birds (woodpecker, pigeon, kite and buzzard, to name a few) and insects (grasshoppers, butterflies, dragonflies and beetles) got a nice harvest of berries, and I also found some chantarelles. Gonna cook mushroom risotto with them tomorrow.

5th Sep 2020, 6:34 PM #655
Taily:upDATE:

i liked the joke you did here
6th Sep 2020, 2:48 AM #656
At long last, my model from Wales showed up today and I'm already halfway done painting it. That means I can start working on new pages for 28mm again.

Also, got some really nice feedback on the blog post I put up today for 28mm.

(and we took a nice walk around the neighborhood and got some photos of some family's extremely fancy pet chickens ^_^)

6th Sep 2020, 3:17 AM #657
My in-laws visited today. It was nice, we all had dinner together by a little lake side eatery.
My father in law reiterated more directly something that I heard about roughly a month ago- he's interested in paying for my education to do something more. Lately, I'm considering getting into computer programming/coding and have been studying up C# on my own time. It's a bit foreign to me, but I generally get what I've gone through so far. I welcome the chance to learn something new and involving. Hopefully, I can continue to get a better grasp on it and can then go on to stand a chance at a computer vocational school.
6th Sep 2020, 3:26 AM #658
I have reconnected with an old friend.

Due to life circumstances we drifted apart a few years ago. Now we can once again keep tabs and visit occasionally and talk of many things under the sun.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
6th Sep 2020, 4:25 AM #659

Animated a lot, started that free MIT youtube poker course for fun lmao. Also a bunch of comic panels done. And rewatched Stardust Crusaders (masterpiece...)
6th Sep 2020, 8:36 PM #660
I just discovered how great and funny Red Letter Media is. Looks like I got a new thing to listen to while I draw. :)