Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37
6th Sep 2020, 9:33 PM #661
I have only cable internet service at home. This makes updating my phone apps pretty inconvenient.

I found out that my isp maintains hotspots for customers to use for free. Now I update my phone without sitting outside of Starbucks.
7th Sep 2020, 2:23 AM #662
I can explain
I successfully predicted three out of three plot twists in a video game. Not the most prophetic of predictions - they were foreshadowed, with varying degrees of subtlety - but still feels good to have called them before they became completely obvious.
7th Sep 2020, 2:44 AM #663
Chernobog:My in-laws visited today. It was nice, we all had dinner together by a little lake side eatery.
My father in law reiterated more directly something that I heard about roughly a month ago- he's interested in paying for my education to do something more. Lately, I'm considering getting into computer programming/coding and have been studying up C# on my own time. It's a bit foreign to me, but I generally get what I've gone through so far. I welcome the chance to learn something new and involving. Hopefully, I can continue to get a better grasp on it and can then go on to stand a chance at a computer vocational school.

That's fantastic news! Good luck!
7th Sep 2020, 3:05 AM #664
Okay this didn't happen to me TODAY, but I haven't been on ComicFury in a while and I would have posted it the day it happened sooooo

Recently I've been treating my comic as the medium I intend to make it into, instead of the medium it is now. I took a break to start working on an unrelated short film, and sometime during that I made merch designs for my comic and forgot about it. A few days ago, my sister says she has a surprise for me, and I see these in the mail. I practically screamed I was so happy aaa

ah it turns out both are too big for me to wear but seeing it in print just makes me happy
Two weeks ago, 7:01 PM #665
Got my laptop back from maintenance. Cost me 250€, but now I can get back to translating and coloring pages.
13 days ago, 1:44 AM #666
We had gone last weekend to the nearby furniture restoration place to see if we could get a TV cabinet/table for a decent price, but all the ones they had were... fine, but nothing we loved and I'm trying to maintain a rule of not bringing in furniture unless we love it

Well behold my crafty husband spotted on a local Facebook group that someone 30 minutes away had put out a nice looking TV table for free. It was a lovely drive thru part of NJ "wine and farms" country, the piece fit without a millimeter to spare in the back of our car (I miss when my aunt and my dad had pickup trucks for this sort of thing), we picked up dinner on the way back and I cleaned up the table and we can get it inside tomorrow once he's home from work.

Additionally I have a supreme smelling candle that I burned too briefly so it tunnelled and the wick drowned itself and won't take flame. So today I got the idea to use one of the leftover candle runt ends from my bath candles and plopped it in the hole and lit it. Voila! The rim of the nice smelling candle has now melted down to meet the runt end and it smells good again and also looks cool because they're different colors lol.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more positive, aside from those two things and me washing a stanky bathmat today was kind of depressing and tough to move through
13 days ago, 1:48 AM #667
My best looking page as for now is page 69 of the chapter and I just find it funny and I'm immature but I had a lot of fun drawing. I like drawing so much and I'm glad I'm part of the webcomic community
13 days ago, 1:50 AM #668
I'm glad you are too, zero, thanks for keeping things fun and lively B)
12 days ago, 2:35 AM #669
Environment Knight
Today's bright spots were all blatantly consumeristic but sometimes that's all I got

1) Secondhand but unopened IKEA curtains for my bedroom! I love finding stuff like this, you get the thrill of treating yourself to something you can unbox while at the same time getting the eco satisfaction and reduced prices of thrifting. I've never had this type of curtains (thin and lightweight) in this room before, and it's really nice. Privacy without darkness.

2) Used my REI dividend to save a bunch of money on electrolyte beverage powder, which is the kind of stuff I treat myself to, and also a very safe gift if you ever want to get me anything. Hi, how are you, I'm Low Blood Pressure Woman.

3) Stopped by World Market and got a bunch of frou-frou seltzers and frou-frou spa masks, really just to recreate some pre-pandemic normality, since WM was one of my favorite haunts back in Texas in the Before Times and all the floor plans of these mega chains look so similar that I can just pretend I'm back there. This just got bleak again, oops!!!
12 days ago, 6:58 AM #670
Taking Names & Spitting Images
Taily:This just got bleak again, oops!!!

No worries, the bar is pretty low for a good day lately! Not on fire? That's a great day the bar is on the ground rolling

My good thing is that I'm just... feeling okay lately? Feeling pretty okay? Tired and okay. Feeling connected, and learning how to have conversations that I used to avoid, because it was uncomfortable. So that's a bit hard? Working really hard again + really invested in work; that's a bit hard? But happy? ...I seem to thrive in slight discomfort.

Also I found some hand-forged medieval cutlery on Etsy and god dammit. The fork has just two prongs
12 days ago, 4:11 PM #671
Mentioning here coz it came up earlier.

My brother's baby is ~6 weeks along, everything looks healthy and the placement in the womb is good!

Baby is due in early May so I'm hoping for it to be born on my birthday since I don't celebrate mine anyway ahaha

I'm gonna be an aunt!!

Now gotta hope my firm doesn't go out of business during this pandemic so I can save up to buy the house we're all hoping to live in.. @_@

(I was gonna be furloughed for a month and a half but we might get contracted for a big job that can tide us over in terms of payroll. Fingers crossed)
12 days ago, 7:37 PM #672
I suppose this isn't 100% a good thing, but still.
So, I failed an exam. Why is this good, you ask? It means I don't have to study for the oral. Which, since I've literally been studying, nonstop, for the past two years (summer vacation? Christmas? Nah...) I'm really happy to get a week and a half break.

Other good news is that I finished another chapter of my fanfiction and broke 50k wordcount! It's a little thing, but it makes me happy...
12 days ago, 8:08 PM #673
Kind of a simple one but I turned in some work this week and got big kudos from the boss which is always nice.
12 days ago, 10:56 PM #674
Got a lot done at work and a minute of animation!! Got lots of comic pages done too and need to catch up on them this weekend. Also rewatch hunter x hunter for the 3 millionth time :P
12 days ago, 11:30 PM #675
For a brief window of time I got a good reminder about why I haven't quit my job yet.

I'm not particularly optimistic about anything but at least I feel slightly heartened
11 days ago, 2:20 PM #676
one of the games i bought was finally shipped to me
11 days ago, 2:48 PM #677
i got a haircut today! it's been like.... two months since my last one. i went from looking kinda fluffy to looking like a deranged karen XD
11 days ago, 2:55 PM #678
Really liking the code segment I'm working on at work, it's been fun creative problem solving and the fact that so many people will use it is funny to me in a way xD.

Also got a big chunk of main Idiko site coded. Excited to finish up redos for it since it changes Ch 1 focuses mostly on the main kid trio and their back stories with Ch 2 redo planning to be mostly the same but without as many flashbacks, at this pace I can get it done pretty soon which is surreal to me since I expected it to take at least a decade lmao

Did more animating too, wish I started wayy sooner I was mostly intimidated by 3D programs. Enough computer for me, time to do some hiking @_@
11 days ago, 3:17 PM #679
Taily:2) Used my REI dividend to save a bunch of money on electrolyte beverage powder, which is the kind of stuff I treat myself to, and also a very safe gift if you ever want to get me anything. Hi, how are you, I'm Low Blood Pressure Woman.

Read this and had one of those "Oh so that's why" moments. I sometimes have sports drinks but I just can't keep drinking them. Websearched "electrolyte beverage powder" and... yep, looks like the right stuff. I'll have to get me some. (This all makes a nice change from my doctor trying to ignore the problem. Not that he's all that bad, he was quite right about some other things. He's retired now anyway.)
11 days ago, 6:53 PM #680
I can explain
I rediscovered not one but two webcomics I used to read.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37