Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37
29th Jan 2020, 5:20 AM #81
rivaling gator
I finally graduated today!! I picked up my diploma this afternoon- I now have a Bachelors in Digital Painting and Expanded Animation. Woot!!

29th Jan 2020, 5:27 AM #82
Jessie Blue:I finally graduated today!! I picked up my diploma this afternoon- I now have a Bachelors in Digital Painting and Expanded Animation. Woot!!

grats!!!!!
29th Jan 2020, 11:53 AM #83
I ate a tasty burger and spaghetti!
30th Jan 2020, 1:51 AM #84
I did not waste my money on clothes in BJs!

The shirts looked like somebody robbed the Pioneer woman's closet, but the denim is perfect if you want work pants.

Other than that I need to find cute dresses.
30th Jan 2020, 1:46 PM #85
I actually went to sleep at 12am!

I'd been staying up until 7 and 9am again since I had a tight deadline on something XD And the sleep I got had not been satisfying XD Last night I slept like a baby. It was amazing.
30th Jan 2020, 5:02 PM #86
When I went to eat breakfast, I didn't realize that Honey Nut Cheerios now has heart shaped cheerios. So I go to pour my bowl and see little hearts spilling out, it absolutely made my day. I gasped and awe'd cause it was so cute and I had a smile on my face while eating :')
30th Jan 2020, 5:52 PM #87
I had some extra free time this evening and spent it playing my new ocarina.
I like it so much!

This is how it sounds:
https://youtu.be/1Gtfli2exsw
31st Jan 2020, 3:45 PM #88
Drum bum
I'M GOING TO COSTA RICA

Okay, so a little context - I have to take four semesters of Spanish in order to graduate at my college (well, any foreign language - I chose Spanish because... well, I'm in America) and there's an option to take my last eight credits of it abroad. I applied to Granada, Spain and Buenos Aires too, but Costa Rica was the one I was hoping for because my professor I have now teaches it and I have never seen a woman more passionate about anything than this woman is about Spanish. A lot of waiting and talking with financial aid, and I both got in and decided to commit!

I'll be landing on Costa Rica in my birthday! ^^ I'll be there for six weeks. I'm so goddamn excited. Costa Rica looks so pretty. I've never been out of the country before (I've never even been to Canada) so - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm excited!!!
31st Jan 2020, 3:59 PM #89
Take photos, but don't forget to look around.
As this is your first time out of the country, it's a good opportunity to learn to be an observer. You're going to a foreign country with a different culture, and all of the little things that are same-yet-different will be amazing when you experience them in person. They might also make you a bit homesick, but that's part of the experience. Being out of familiar environs is great for creativity.
Also, you may find that your school Spanish is inadequate to the task. If you learned Spain-Spanish, it will be useful, but local variations and dialects will make things interesting. As with everything else, just take it in stride and enjoy the weirdness.
Good luck and have fun!
31st Jan 2020, 4:48 PM #90
got my 5th comic book published and up for sale today. =]
31st Jan 2020, 6:21 PM #91
Min-Pin Kingpin
I haven't had a laptop for six months. I've gone from broke and jobless to actually making some money, but have been too nervous to buy something expensive.

So last night my fiance hands me a card about how much she misses playing MMO's with me and wants me to have more to unwind from work, so got me an early valentines day present.

So I finally have a computer again! I legitimately started laugh crying. She's a treasure and I am super lucky.
31st Jan 2020, 10:44 PM #92
I got tickets for My Chemical Romance ;_;

31st Jan 2020, 11:28 PM #93
I replaced the cover of my sketchbook! Its sturdier now because I used some leftover cardboard but i might need to make it stronger/smoother somehow and to make it prettier.
1st Feb 2020, 12:06 AM #94
I went out with my mom, visited a new café... it's not much, but it's always a big step for me to go outside. :,D
1st Feb 2020, 12:24 AM #95
Drum bum
HECKOS IM SO JEALOUS AAAAAA

have fun!
1st Feb 2020, 12:46 AM #96
I have the color version of my next book out! I'm still doing the black-and-white version, but it's nice to have something tangible in my hands :)
1st Feb 2020, 12:52 AM #97
Mild:I had some extra free time this evening and spent it playing my new ocarina.
I like it so much!

This is how it sounds:
https://youtu.be/1Gtfli2exsw

Nice playing.

Flutes and ocarinas are beautiful sounding instruments.

Merged Doublepost:

Nyomi:I'M GOING TO COSTA RICA

Okay, so a little context - I have to take four semesters of Spanish in order to graduate at my college (well, any foreign language - I chose Spanish because... well, I'm in America) and there's an option to take my last eight credits of it abroad. I applied to Granada, Spain and Buenos Aires too, but Costa Rica was the one I was hoping for because my professor I have now teaches it and I have never seen a woman more passionate about anything than this woman is about Spanish. A lot of waiting and talking with financial aid, and I both got in and decided to commit!

I'll be landing on Costa Rica in my birthday! ^^ I'll be there for six weeks. I'm so goddamn excited. Costa Rica looks so pretty. I've never been out of the country before (I've never even been to Canada) so - AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm excited!!!

Nice, I hope you have fun there! Costa Rica is a beautiful place with a lot of nice people!

Merged Doublepost:

Shannon:I have the color version of my next book out! I'm still doing the black-and-white version, but it's nice to have something tangible in my hands :)

Grats!!!

Small steps! Today a color version book, tommorrow a multi-billion dollar movie deal!
4th Feb 2020, 6:19 AM #98
🕎 Light it up 🕎
This happened on Saturday but I was trained how to use the floor cleaning machine at work. The squeegee is broken but I just mop up the water left over.
It gets all the dirt, grease and grime off the floor and cuts the amount of work I have to do in half. It's great, I wish they would've showed me it sooner but I am SO happy. Used it on the entire floor of the kitchen, and the walk-in fridge. The floors were so clean.

Happy because it makes my job easier, happy because it cleans the floors and happy because my dumbass adopted kitchen staff children won't slip and eat shit anymore.
5th Feb 2020, 3:09 AM #99
Nice, those things can be both a blessing and a curse. We had an old one from the 2000s because our management was too cheap to buy another one, and sometimes it left large streaks of dirty water for us to have to clean up afterword. Always thought I would hate those things untill we finally got a new one a few months ago!

Merged Doublepost:

In other news, I finally managed to pass a personal APFT test I made for myself. I was planning on returning to the army this year, and what was holding me back is the fact that I couldn't run 2 miles in under 20 minutes.

Well, I still can't, but today I managed to actually do a 2 1/2 mile run in 25 minutes! Going to practice some more so I can be prepared to do the real thing!
7th Feb 2020, 3:12 PM #100
😽😺Death is upon us😻😸
i got a free t shirt