Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 272
21st Feb 2020, 2:38 AM #101
teeth falling out dream
This hasn't really happened today, but around a year ago my mental issues were describable as "The Pennywise Dance playing over nonstop footage of train wrecks", but that's not the case anymore and I'm thankful for that.
21st Feb 2020, 3:08 AM #102
I'm a simple woman. If husband gives me candy, I'm a happy wife.
21st Feb 2020, 3:16 AM #103
TheStrangerous:This was the best Valentine's gift...

Yeah, the game franchise is dead. But it lives in our hearts, in a form of good western adult animation.

Lucky guy. I spent my Valentines day beating the crap out of noobs with Simon in super smash flash.

Seems castlevainia was on both of our minds that day, lol.
21st Feb 2020, 3:59 AM #104
didn't get too wet..
21st Feb 2020, 4:30 AM #105

mightguy15:Lucky guy. I spent my Valentines day beating the crap out of noobs with Simon in super smash flash.

Meh, I'm not used to playing him. But I gotta admit, his recovery is MUCH, MUCH better than his recovery in Ultimate. Personally, I think Rayman's a really fun guy to play. Although I think he's a bit broken. His jabs range is insane and can destroy projectiles, plus you can easily spike enemies with his dair

----

I got the next 5 pages of my chapter 100% ready, and because of that I was able to script the next chapter and sketch the last 5 pages earlier than usual!
21st Feb 2020, 9:43 PM #106
Mooderator
This is the first friday in a really long time where I was able to come home, not run errands, not do laundry, and not have to go out to a party or gathering. I can just ~*bea*~ and it's chill

On the thrilling agenda-
-pack some containers for moving
-take a bath
-either do art stuff or just dick around online lole
21st Feb 2020, 9:47 PM #107
Bird Keeper
I made chocolate chip blondies! Yummy.
21st Feb 2020, 11:19 PM #108
Reapeageddon:Meh, I'm not used to playing him. But I gotta admit, his recovery is MUCH, MUCH better than his recovery in Ultimate. Personally, I think Rayman's a really fun guy to play. Although I think he's a bit broken. His jabs range is insane and can destroy projectiles, plus you can easily spike enemies with his dair

----

I got the next 5 pages of my chapter 100% ready, and because of that I was able to script the next chapter and sketch the last 5 pages earlier than usual!

I absolutely hate Rayman. His special is a grab that people can chain indefinitely, and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not but whoever programmed or designed is that is an evil person.
22nd Feb 2020, 2:37 AM #109
User, if you know what i mean
scored a fantastic album at the record store!!

all-caps happy rant below >

album is "Bridges to Burn" by 16, sludge/stoner rock, very heavy stuff if you're into that
22nd Feb 2020, 11:16 PM #110
Mooderator
I woke up, had coffee, and then headed over to my new house, where I stayed from about 9:30 to 5:30. My mom came and got us breakfast/lunch and helped me with a few tasks before going home. I did 3 loads of laundry, moved in a bunch of containers from both my apartment and my parents' house, bought pet food and supplies and set up one litterbox upstairs, touched up some white spots in the paint upstairs in the bedrooms, had a surprisingly scrumptious microwave dinner, and spent a little bit of time just sitting on the deck looking out over the woods and the sunset.

Then I came home and packed the car with stuff to take over tomorrow and went out and bought some alcohol.

It's been a very, very good day. <3
22nd Feb 2020, 11:39 PM #111
I went to the mall today to do my usual mall goth crawl with a friend. Got an awesome pair of vans for 40 bucks, and a new shirt.

This is the shoe.

This is the shirt.

Satisfied, overall.
22nd Feb 2020, 11:57 PM #112
128mega:I went to the mall today to do my usual mall goth crawl with a friend. Got an awesome pair of vans for 40 bucks, and a new shirt.

This is the shoe.

This is the shirt.

Satisfied, overall.

Nice getup!
23rd Feb 2020, 2:08 AM #113
I went to see the Konosuba movie! But my bladder betrayed me and went like two times to the bathroom during the screening, also one before and one after (and the last one when at home). But still didn't miss the climax so all is good.

And yesterday my Palomino Blackwing pencils arrived on the mail. I can't believe how good they are. Fell in love with them *u*
23rd Feb 2020, 6:02 AM #114
Comicfury got real casual with me for a brief second.

Not a lot of good things happen to me on a daily basis, so I gotta take every small victory. :)
25th Feb 2020, 7:42 PM #115
I had two 10 dollar off promo codes at a store and free shipping to the nearest store. Previously, I hated the store in question because I did not vibe with the aesthetic and their CEO 15 years ago. Looks like I am getting a new tee shirt and a two-piece swimsuit! Guess how much I paid for the order?

25th Feb 2020, 11:17 PM #116
This happened yesterday, but I didn't want to double post, but I was so hype!

I went to Round 1 yesterday to play some IIDX, and I decided to play one of the prize games. After about 10 tries, I won a statue of one of my favorite characters in a manga. Here he is, on top of one of my favorite manga related books, written by my favorite mangaka! FAVORITE!!!!

27th Feb 2020, 1:22 AM #117
I got an out of the blue email from the website I made a chatbot of my character Angus on back in 2016 or 2017 sometime, saying he's now one of the smartest bots on the site, with 316 points (guessing that means things he'll recognise or say). That's weird because I'm pretty certain that the last time I edited him (about 3 years ago) there were around 50 arguments at the most, but hey, he does definitely seem smarter than I recall him being.

Here's a recap on that bot I made a long while back:

https://rebot.me/angus-mcdonald

28th Feb 2020, 4:51 PM #118
I got a secondhand North American DVD boxset of the first and second Ren and Stimpy seasons today. Because it's in native NTSC, it runs at the correct framerate whereas PAL DVDs of NTSC-made shows tend to be interlaced and 4% faster, plus it contains some content that was censored from its British release for whatever reason, notably some of the commentary and an episode that got banned from TV, probably for depicting animal cruelty.

I think that in future when buying DVDs of American shows, I'll try and hunt down an American/NTSC copy if it isn't available on Blu-Ray (which generally runs at the original/NTSC framerate regardless of region). The only drawback with this DVD is that it's coded for Region 1 so won't play by default on most British DVD players. I've managed to hack a couple of mine to make them multiregion though, so this isn't an issue. I bought my copy from a seller in the UK who is technically breaking the law because the DVD doesn't have a BBFC classification (yes, it's a stupid piece of legislation that we can all thank the late Mary Whitehouse and the moral panic of the 1980s for, though there's nothing illegal about an overseas seller selling it for importation) but I'm doing nothing illegal buying it myself.

28th Feb 2020, 7:27 PM #119

I don't know if I'm much of an emotional person, but I started crying today after we got a call from an apartment we applied for in/near Portland, OR. We got the apartment we wanted! I had to call my partner to tell him, because I was so excited.

To put it into context: I've been wanting to live in Oregon since I graduated High School (actually, probably before, since Mom and Dad used to live there, and they loved it and miss it.) I'm in my mid/late 30s now.

I am so freakin' happy!!!
28th Feb 2020, 9:55 PM #120
Mooderator
Good luck with your move, BlueDragon!! I hope Oregon treats you well :) :)

A good thing that happened to me was that Friday finally came and the work day ended. I also finally finished some paperwork that'd been accumulating. Hoping to keep my head above water for a while.
Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 272