Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
9th Feb 2020, 2:13 AM #101
I caught my new puppy trying to poop and got her outside before she went in the house. :P
9th Feb 2020, 2:27 AM #102
I initially read this as you caught the poop itself, just moving in dog mom matrix time and swiping it out of midair
9th Feb 2020, 2:56 AM #103
I can explain
After nearly a year of hiatus, I finally got back to work on my game last month. Spent some time easing myself back into the design and story side, before turning back to the proof-of-concept I'd built. Turns out the main library I'd used had gotten a major version number bump, meaning a lot of breaking interface changes. Mostly for the better, but it still meant that when I tried to boot it up, the compiler spat out a hundred errors and about 75% of the main file got red squiggles under it.

It's taken two weeks (well, four days, I'm not full-time on this yet), but it's not just back to where it was in March, it's actually a bit farther along. I figured if I had to rewrite big chunks of it, I might as well add the features I was going to rewrite everything for anyways. It turned into a long crazy adventure that involved learning how to create a font, a few hours making actual graphics instead of flat-colored rectangles, and added a whopping 500 lines of code to the codebase (a lot, considering the whole thing's less than 2400), but it was well worth it.

Now I can get to work on all the // TODO comments I left myself a year ago. Good thing I actually left useful comments, or I'd be lost.

12th Feb 2020, 2:22 AM #104
Drum bum
Okay so I want everyone to hear this batshit crazy weekend I just had.

In the past weekend, I have:

>Taken a midterm
>Filmed a probable murder scene for 13 hours (film class don't call the cops)
>Got sick lighting selfies because I was excited about the gels
>Met up with my "tribe" for a campus survivor game
>Started a 48 hour challenge in which I had a list of tasks to do
>Had a sleepover with the tribe
>Passed out at 4am on the floor after almost 24 hours of straight chaos
>Filmed for another 5 hours, apparently the murderer kills the man with a butterknife
>Lost my phone in the snow, but found it within the hour due to some really good samaritians
>Drew a face on my belly button and screamed spongebob songs
>Harassed people to subscribe to the survivor YT channel
>made a really shitty pizza and made someone eat it
>Jumped into the pool with all my clothes on, hat and gloves included
>Witnessed someone get a survivor-themed tattoo
>Did not witness but heard about two tribe mates making light-saber noises in a class and pissing off a professor
>Watched someone have two limes (rind and all), half a jar of mayo and dog treats for dinner
>Took another midterm, got an A through sheer dumb luck after about 30 min of studying
>Finally have a plan in place to take care of my anxiety
>Took a bath outside in a swimsuit in 20F (-5C or something) weather
>Recreated ten vines
>Ate two spoonfuls of mayo, gagged, and watched as two of my tribemates ate the mayo like fucking ice cream
>WON THE CHALLENGE - cried when I found out
>Finally relatively caught up with my schoolwork

All in all, it's been an absolutely crazy weekend and things have finally calmed down. It was an absolute blast, even if I was drained and freaking out for a lot of it. Talk about a weekend I'll never forget!
13th Feb 2020, 2:53 AM #105
Sweet jesus, batshit crazy is the understatement of the decade so far. Some people here have some sorta good luck I'd kill leprechauns for. Either that, or I need a life. Or both.

In my case, I lost access to my tablet in the move to my temporary apartment a few weeks back and haven't done anything since but start uploading my old pages here. So today I got off my lazy butt and typed until my fingers hurt, but it was worth it because I finished writing the plotline of my comic I barely wrote much of, and even wrote a plotline for a second comic I plan on submitting to Hiveworks once I can draw again. So now I can slouch and do nothing but binge Ennui Go for once.
13th Feb 2020, 9:57 AM #106
goes fast
I got a job interview, here's hoping I don't mess up like the last time
15th Feb 2020, 12:41 PM #107
This was the best Valentine's gift...

Yeah, the game franchise is dead. But it lives in our hearts, in a form of good western adult animation.
18th Feb 2020, 1:01 PM #108
Spent my final day in my school club eating with my friends, and playing a lot of music!
21st Feb 2020, 2:38 AM #109
What a sucker
This hasn't really happened today, but around a year ago my mental issues were describable as "The Pennywise Dance playing over nonstop footage of train wrecks", but that's not the case anymore and I'm thankful for that.
21st Feb 2020, 3:08 AM #110
I'm a simple woman. If husband gives me candy, I'm a happy wife.
21st Feb 2020, 3:16 AM #111
TheStrangerous:This was the best Valentine's gift...

Yeah, the game franchise is dead. But it lives in our hearts, in a form of good western adult animation.

Lucky guy. I spent my Valentines day beating the crap out of noobs with Simon in super smash flash.

Seems castlevainia was on both of our minds that day, lol.
21st Feb 2020, 3:59 AM #112
didn't get too wet..

someone probably
21st Feb 2020, 4:30 AM #113
mightguy15:Lucky guy. I spent my Valentines day beating the crap out of noobs with Simon in super smash flash.

Meh, I'm not used to playing him. But I gotta admit, his recovery is MUCH, MUCH better than his recovery in Ultimate. Personally, I think Rayman's a really fun guy to play. Although I think he's a bit broken. His jabs range is insane and can destroy projectiles, plus you can easily spike enemies with his dair

----

I got the next 5 pages of my chapter 100% ready, and because of that I was able to script the next chapter and sketch the last 5 pages earlier than usual!
21st Feb 2020, 9:43 PM #114
This is the first friday in a really long time where I was able to come home, not run errands, not do laundry, and not have to go out to a party or gathering. I can just ~*bea*~ and it's chill

On the thrilling agenda-
-pack some containers for moving
-take a bath
-either do art stuff or just dick around online lole
21st Feb 2020, 9:47 PM #115
I made chocolate chip blondies! Yummy.
21st Feb 2020, 11:19 PM #116
Reapeageddon:Meh, I'm not used to playing him. But I gotta admit, his recovery is MUCH, MUCH better than his recovery in Ultimate. Personally, I think Rayman's a really fun guy to play. Although I think he's a bit broken. His jabs range is insane and can destroy projectiles, plus you can easily spike enemies with his dair

----

I got the next 5 pages of my chapter 100% ready, and because of that I was able to script the next chapter and sketch the last 5 pages earlier than usual!

I absolutely hate Rayman. His special is a grab that people can chain indefinitely, and I'm not sure if that was intentional or not but whoever programmed or designed is that is an evil person.
22nd Feb 2020, 2:37 AM #117
scored a fantastic album at the record store!!

all-caps happy rant below >

album is "Bridges to Burn" by 16, sludge/stoner rock, very heavy stuff if you're into that
Ko-Fi | succ up to zucc | reddit
22nd Feb 2020, 11:16 PM #118
I woke up, had coffee, and then headed over to my new house, where I stayed from about 9:30 to 5:30. My mom came and got us breakfast/lunch and helped me with a few tasks before going home. I did 3 loads of laundry, moved in a bunch of containers from both my apartment and my parents' house, bought pet food and supplies and set up one litterbox upstairs, touched up some white spots in the paint upstairs in the bedrooms, had a surprisingly scrumptious microwave dinner, and spent a little bit of time just sitting on the deck looking out over the woods and the sunset.

Then I came home and packed the car with stuff to take over tomorrow and went out and bought some alcohol.

It's been a very, very good day. <3
22nd Feb 2020, 11:39 PM #119
I went to the mall today to do my usual mall goth crawl with a friend. Got an awesome pair of vans for 40 bucks, and a new shirt.

This is the shoe.

This is the shirt.

Satisfied, overall.
22nd Feb 2020, 11:57 PM #120
128mega:I went to the mall today to do my usual mall goth crawl with a friend. Got an awesome pair of vans for 40 bucks, and a new shirt.

This is the shoe.

This is the shirt.

Satisfied, overall.

Nice getup!
Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9