Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9
7th Mar 2020, 2:37 AM #141
The fact that you can keep coming out with pages in spite of having so little time to work on them is amazing, to say the least!
7th Mar 2020, 2:43 AM #142
Thanks so much rose !! I can say the exact same to you I guess it’s just too much fun , great to have something that doesn’t feel like work :)
7th Mar 2020, 3:16 AM #143
From the sound of things, my 92 year old Irish grandad is getting better after having to go into hospital the other day with diabetes complications. I'm hoping to see him in a month's time, provided the coronavirus doesn't get out of control.

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
7th Mar 2020, 4:50 AM #144
Sovember:Thanks so much rose !! I can say the exact same to you I guess it’s just too much fun , great to have something that doesn’t feel like work :)

Pfff well I definitely have more than just one hour to work on a page a week right now though. But you’re right, it is just too much fun to stop doing, that’s for sure!

From the sound of things, my 92 year old Irish grandad is getting better after having to go into hospital the other day with diabetes complications. I'm hoping to see him in a month's time, provided the coronavirus doesn't get out of control.

Dude, that’s awesome!!

My Dad has diabetes, but he hasn’t had a serious complication since before I was born.
7th Mar 2020, 5:10 PM #145
goes fast
I drew one of the horses at the place I volunteer at, they really liked my drawing and asked me if I would draw each of the horses, so they could put them on their stables so visitors can tell which horse is which and what their names are.

9th Mar 2020, 8:57 AM #146
not the one who meowed (?)
So I got this HUGE spike in views on comic pages. This is the only time I've ever seen the stats reach the quadruple digits.

I got curious and investigated how the heck this happened and googled my comic to see if there was some link shared or something (I later realized the huge spike was probably from a bot, because the visitors are still a typical number) Anyway, this unfamiliar image came up of a cropped panel from my comic. It turned out someone used that panel as an example image on a TV Tropes page.

I'm a little embarrassed about it because it's a panel I wasn't too proud of and it feels like some little comic like mine doesn't belong there, but still, I was like "WHOA, is this for real??? How'd that get there!? :o" Pretty cool

This is more like "Things That Surprised You Today" but I want to share it without making a new thread

Actual real-life good things of the day:
This high-strung anxious little insomniac child of mine actually slept good today and I got to get some stuff done this weekend (including some page sketching yaaaay I missed my characters ;_;)
9th Mar 2020, 11:57 AM #147
That's crazy, lol. I'm not sure either or not you should be honored or a little creeped out someone did that. I mean, it can only be someone from here right? Unless you post your comic elsewhere and it just picked up that much traction, or maybe one of your subs is just having a little fun with things.

At least you got some level of advertisement lol.
9th Mar 2020, 1:55 PM #148
Botanist
I got a few study paintings done, was a long weekend here.
Then went back to the linux box and fiddled around with WINE more. Got photoshop cs5 working (doesnt like pen input though). Got MS Office 2007 working (word and excel were the main ones i was interested in).

Now im just crabby from watching youtubers that are supposed to be teaching but they're not explaining why theyre doing things. must be getting tired.
":D", 9th Mar 2020, 3:23 PM #149
I got my first rating on my comic :DDDD
9th Mar 2020, 10:33 PM #150
NiaNook:So I got this HUGE spike in views on comic pages. This is the only time I've ever seen the stats reach the quadruple digits.

holy shit, congrats!!!

All the physical exertion and other circumstances surrounding moving out of the apartment are somehow making me healthier lol, the past few times I've used the "heart rate" app on my phone, my resting heart rate been 20 bpm or more lower than it's been the past few years o_o
so I"m finding I have more energy during the day. While I still feel exhausted in the morning and don't want to leave to go to work, at least when I come home I find I have some stamina to tackle a few tasks and not just Alex Mack into a puddle on the floor

I cleaned the kitchen partially (still haven't swept or mopped) and put away some stuff that's been there since we first got in and started painting the place. Room by room
9th Mar 2020, 10:59 PM #151
Unusually warm late winter day. Perfect for a date day with my wife. We went for a walk on the grounds of the local science institute / museum home, stopped by the art supply shop to get a new portfolio, went for a nice dinner at our local sushi shop / Japanese grocery store.
10th Mar 2020, 1:51 AM #152
I had a doctor’s appointment in a city a couple hours away from where I live today, and ohmigosh, that doctor must be the most adorably wholesome person I've ever met XD her nicknames for people are “Beautiful” and “Precious” and she says “Bless you!” all the time and her face has a permanent smile :)

I think the appointment went well too, she was able to figure out the problem very quickly.
10th Mar 2020, 3:42 AM #153
Got a couple of P-Bandai (limited run) Gunpla in today so that's nice. Still waiting for warmer weather before I paint them.

For those who want to know, the kits are the Eldora Daughtress and the Leo full weapon set.
10th Mar 2020, 8:41 AM #154
not the one who meowed (?)
mightguy15:That's crazy, lol. I'm not sure either or not you should be honored or a little creeped out someone did that. I mean, it can only be someone from here right? Unless you post your comic elsewhere and it just picked up that much traction, or maybe one of your subs is just having a little fun with things.

At least you got some level of advertisement lol.

Crazy for sure. It felt...both? Creepy AND an honor! Mostly surprising. lol. This is the only site I post my comic, so I'm not sure it was a reader; perhaps someone who just snooped out examples. Apparently TV Tropes Mods have meetings to decide those example images? Found out mine was chosen because they wanted an example of the mistaken identity happening in-story, to distinguish it from another similar trope.

mitchellbravo:

Thanks! Just to clarify, the view spike was probably just bots. The real zinger here was finding a comic panel being used in TV Tropes :'D
And hey, good luck getting all settled into your new place! Upgrading from an apartment to a house is exciting
11th Mar 2020, 9:32 PM #155
goes fast
Technically not something that happened to me specifically, but a bit of my mum's book got read out on Radio Derby today
11th Mar 2020, 9:36 PM #156
so i improved my English grade
drastically
that's nice
12th Mar 2020, 12:45 AM #157
Timelapse11:Technically not something that happened to me specifically, but a bit of my mum's book got read out on Radio Derby today

Similarly, my Dad got a voiceover job today, he freelances as a voice actor for commercials on the side.
12th Mar 2020, 12:49 AM #158
Sometimes I try to like, deliberately search for new music to listen to, and usually don't succeed. I try to use those "similar to" functions and everything "similar to" stuff I search for winds up sounding trite or just unpleasant.

Anyway ironically yesterday this pig finally found an acorn, and in an ironic combination of old and new it's Ozzie Osbourne's new album. Making my way through it as it comes up through my shuffle but it's really good so far
12th Mar 2020, 4:55 AM #159
Drum bum
my uni may have shut down, but it got me out of my friday exam i was definitely way underprepared for, so... you win some, you lose some?
13th Mar 2020, 3:05 AM #160
I am a tenth through my current diversion.

Dubbed "Croto", it is a practice run for a future, more elegant, project. It needs fine-tuning, but I am beginning to get a handle on working with vector images.
Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9