Forum > General discussion > Good things that happened to you today?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86
5th Apr 2021, 1:54 PM #1621
I will play a game with my cousins today, it's always nice
5th Apr 2021, 6:50 PM #1622
loved birds way before they were the word
Got my COVID shot! I didn’t hurt at all.

I saw several cedar waxwings in one of the crabapple trees in the complex! They’re so pretty, I always forget how tiny they are.
5th Apr 2021, 9:32 PM #1623
I watched a bumblebee visit a flower I have been caring for
5th Apr 2021, 10:40 PM #1624
??Death is upon us??
Oh the joy of receiving shiny stickers in the mail that you forgot you bought a month ago
6th Apr 2021, 1:08 AM #1625
i got a waffle-maker today and made some pretty good waffles with them. pro tip: in order to make fake buttermilk, put a drop or two of lime juice in some milk. it sours it just like the real deal!
6th Apr 2021, 3:34 AM #1626
Shuffle:Last night I bought a vacuum I've wanted for a while, as well as a mini dishwasher. That's where half of my stimulus check is going. The rest is (hopefully) going straight to savings. I feel a little guilty, not saving it all, but I have been needing to upgrade my vacuum for a while (my current one is too loud and I avoid using it. Also, it's bagless so when I empty it I get itchy) but this next one is quality, bagged, and has a filter even. Allergens, FEAR ME!

As for the dishwasher, I've been looking into that for months as well. I freaking hate doing dishes. So that's why these two purchases were important to me. Also, I guess it saves a lot of water.

I did just remember that I don't have the proper detergent for the dishwasher though. Time to look into that!

You have spent your money wisely!

Both items will last for years, and HEPA filters give the gift of non-smelly vacuum exhaust.

A mini dishwasher? I've heard of them, but have never seen in stores.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
6th Apr 2021, 4:59 AM #1627
So I found out my favorite vacation spot is selling land for about $2-10k and I found one with a view of the lake aannnd I'm excited and probably won't be able to sleep tonight. Like I have enough savings I could buy some of those low ends out of pocket.... and I could just pitch a tent until further notice lmao

I think it's so cheap because everyone who is buying land in that area wants to build a million dollar summer house so a quarter acre isn't going to do them any good- but I need to know more to be sure.

I've been land hunting for quite a while, and this would put me about an hour out from the office- but if we're going to remote in anyway.... plus I could get our business more involved in this community... >.>

Skskskskssksks I would be so happpyyyyy it's one of my favorite places in the world. Goodbye college bars, hello pool bars!
6th Apr 2021, 9:22 AM #1628
? Light it up ?
Both of my Brazilian blacks molted! Both of them are still a little too small to accurately sex.. But the larger one is looking like it might be a female. :) I haven't seen any hooks yet, so hopeful.
They're ALMOST to a 3" leg span, and they can get up to an 8" leg span as adults.
7th Apr 2021, 9:33 PM #1629
OHMYGOD MY BACK CRACKED
7th Apr 2021, 9:35 PM #1630
loved birds way before they were the word
mitchellbravo:OHMYGOD MY BACK CRACKED

INDESCRIBABLE RELIEF

I also had another job interview today that went really well. I know it's corny but if you could keep me in ur thoughts n prayers it would mean a lot to me
8th Apr 2021, 12:04 AM #1631
got a shortbread cookie and tea
8th Apr 2021, 2:36 AM #1632
Partner got a job, and although we've drained all our coffers for this move, we're finally getting out of this dark, confining prison! I'll be making "poverty soup" as he dubs it (he's such an asshole, I love him XD), but we're not going to be on the streets (I'm being sarcastic, I cook depression style food anyway XD I spent way too much time with my grandma).

I'm so excited for our new apartment. I grew up with my hands in dirt, and not having a garden has been killing me :( Since moving into this mold ridden apartment that's destroyed a good deal of stuff (and everyone, insurance/apartment refuses to reimburse us...I f*cking loathe insurance. Biggest pyramid scheme I've ever seen), my poor little Boston's had a skin allergy, not matter how much I clean. So the prospects of leaving is warm and inviting, and I'm totally stoked :)
8th Apr 2021, 3:13 AM #1633
Lutzbug:INDESCRIBABLE RELIEF

I also had another job interview today that went really well. I know it's corny but if you could keep me in ur thoughts n prayers it would mean a lot to me

Absolutely!

Job hunting's a horror-show, and I'm all for supporting those that get out there and face it.

The phone is mightier than the assault rifle.
Two weeks ago, 10:28 AM #1634
The rain drops against my windows bring me comfort.

---
Two weeks ago, 4:23 PM #1635
in the top percentile of cool kidz
The professor and I got jabbed with the J&J vaccine! Heres hoping for no side effects.
Two weeks ago, 4:29 PM #1636
I got taken off a project at work that was a waste of time (as well as a stressor, since it was preventing me from, ya know, doing my actual job).

Two weeks ago, 6:45 PM #1637
Environment Knight
Got my first vaccine dose today B)
And I got my car professionally cleaned and ozone treated! It's so nice now!
13 days ago, 1:00 AM #1638
Taking Names & Spitting Images
I GOT THE JAB TOO!!! J&J, a few days ago. I still can't believe it. Of course until the whole world's immune anything can/will happen; the virus discussion on the BBC world news has been both fascinating and harrowing.

Anyway, exactly twelve hours after m'jab I woke up in the middle of the night with chills and body aches. Very minor. It settled into a dull headache, and by mid-morning I was 100% fine again. It was kinda cool, like "oh hey, immune system, how you doin'"
13 days ago, 2:00 AM #1639
My husband and I had a lovely date tonight.
13 days ago, 4:11 AM #1640
in the top percentile of cool kidz
Taily:Got my first vaccine dose today B)
And I got my car professionally cleaned and ozone treated! It's so nice now!

First dose? Can I ask which one you had?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86