Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Apply within to get your characters featured in Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Apply within to get your characters featured in Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena
Pages: [1] [2]

"Apply within to get your characters featured in Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena", 21st Nov 2019, 3:25 PM #1
Panda Cop

Registration date: 4th Nov 2019
Hello good evening.

Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena is a comic to promote the Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena video game which is currently in development.

The game is set in the universe of Cosmic Warriors and features mainly its characters. But i was thinking it would be benevolent to feature other Comic Fury characters in the comic.

Then after the game is released these Comic Fury characters could be package sold as dlc for 1$ each with proceeds of sales going to the authors who created these characters.

(Like smash brothers but with comic characters)

If you would like to have your characters featured please include some information on their skills and abilities and also their power ranking from 1 (weakest) to 3 (strongest)

The tiers are set in 3 power levels with a team battle system of 4 power levels and three character slots. So a team could have two characters one of power level 1 and one of power level 3. Or two of power level 2. Or two of power level 1 and one of power level 2. (Modelled after the capcom vs snk power scaling system)

I am interested in featuring May Wolf, Liliana Midas and Finshi Von if their creators would be open to cooperation.
21st Nov 2019, 4:04 PM #2
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
THE EFFIN' DREAM!

...pardon my language.

I'll just put my candidates in a spoiler:

Though I won't interfere with the Cosmic Warriors side of things, if you need a consultant for LECTRO things I'd be more than willing to oblige!

Also, what type of fighter is it (platform, fixed-floor, something else) and will there be alt costumes that change the character models?
21st Nov 2019, 6:18 PM #3
Panda Cop

Alright m8 ill try to pop them in as soon as i can. Definitly in round one. (In the Comic, not the game! Game still in concept stage)

As for the type of fighter think a simplified streamlined clone of smash bros. (Less complex move inputs) Different stages with different platforms or just a set floor.

As for costumes i dunno m8. Its in the concept stage still. I wanted alt costumes at first but i think it might become a hassle with as many characters as i want to include. But i am really into the idea of the same character released with a different look/armor and slightly different moveset/weapon.

And full 3d models (but with less detail than smash) not spites.
21st Nov 2019, 6:26 PM #4
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
Okay!

PC Exclusive, or will you release on console?
21st Nov 2019, 8:03 PM #5
Kei Esteban
Catgirl Connoisseur
Registration date: 11th Feb 2018
This idea is so Rad, it makes Yuria want to Suplex a Kaiju!

I don't want any money for her inclusion,
I just want her to be a Free character that comes with the Game. ^_^

21st Nov 2019, 9:14 PM #6
shastab24

Registration date: 15th Mar 2012
Sounds nifty. I would of course want to resist the urge to put forward my entire roster of my 8-character superhero team, so I'll just put forward one of them: Flame Thrower. Below is her profile I made for the Deviant Universe, which can be helpful:

I need to make a more comprehensive profile for her (and my other characters). Maybe some time before the end of the year.
26th Nov 2019, 5:14 PM #7
Panda Cop

Hi shastab flame thrower has made an appearance in the Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena comic but has unfortunately already been eliminated.

Round 1 of the comic is locked for new characters. But i will still add new characters for round 2 and as many other rounds as i am able to make afterwards.

Finshi Von and Liliana Midas will appear in round 2
Two weeks ago, 9:46 AM #8
shastab24

Nice seeing Flame Thrower in the couple pages she appeared. That hit she took, though--dang, that looks like it hurt.
13 days ago, 11:52 PM #9
Otto Gruenwald

Registration date: 21st Sep 2019
This sounds like fun! I got some characters you can use.

You remember Pearl "Percy" Adams aka Fishergirl.

--Competitive, energetic tomboy
--Half human, half Thule--a race from the lower mantle that live in a solid "ocean" of ringwoodite that they "swim" through using their natural telekinetic fields
--Likes history and museums
--Has telekinetic powers (invisible, but since that's boring in a comic her powers are represented by "eye orbs" sort of like how spider-sense is represented by lines coming from Peter's head.)
--Practices a martial art called blinking focused on rapidly reshaping her telekinetic field to trap opponents and submission holds. It was designed to Thule to fight Thule.
--Will suppress her powers for the sake of fairness in a fight, provided her opponent is honorable.
--Would love to fight with Yuria since she's a fellow martial artist.

Here's Roger the Ray.

--The soul of a dead scientist copied onto a wad of photons
--Made of light and can move as fast as light
--Doesn't like fighting. He prefers to help his teammates and take blows for them while they do the fighting or rapidly moving opponents away from the battle (such as sticking one on a distant mountain)
--Works with scientists at the Sanderson research base up in the thermosphere researching aerofauna. Aerofauna are invisible, floating creatures that absorb the nearly-naked sunlight of the thermosphere. Roger's glow makes them visible.
--Named after Roger Bacon for his works in optics

12 days ago, 8:54 AM #10
Panda Cop

So uhh...? Is there any way they can be beaten? Their abilities sound super op.

Light guy gave me an idea already similar to abras teleport in smash, like he doesnt actually attack anyone he just teleports them into the air over aspot with no platform so they fall through

The telekenetic submissions sound interesting seeing the little pink guys made me imagine like a translucent pink bubble man doing and octopus stretch hold on an opponent.

This light guy can he fly or somthing? Like how does his body work?

Some more details on both please

I dont know if you have seen some old anime called space adventure cobra or its a guy who has a light gun on his arm and his enemy is crystal boy a guy who light just passes through his body.

Your works remind me of this.

crystal boy

So im guessing fishgirl has some aqua affinity? Like if there was a stage with water you could drown in she would be able to jump out more easily than others?
12 days ago, 9:38 AM #11
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
Is my Finshi still there?
12 days ago, 9:56 AM #12
Panda Cop

Fin will appear in round 2. Round 1 will be over in a few pages. Ill make sure to draw fin with a decent sized dong area also.
12 days ago, 10:04 AM #13
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
I LOVE U <3
12 days ago, 12:25 PM #14
Panda Cop

Hey i love you too m8 no wurries :) <3
12 days ago, 12:45 PM #15
Otto Gruenwald

Registration date: 21st Sep 2019
Panda Cop:So uhh...? Is there any way they can be beaten? Their abilities sound super op.

Light guy gave me an idea already similar to abras teleport in smash, like he doesnt actually attack anyone he just teleports them into the air over aspot with no platform so they fall through

The telekenetic submissions sound interesting seeing the little pink guys made me imagine like a translucent pink bubble man doing and octopus stretch hold on an opponent.

This light guy can he fly or somthing? Like how does his body work?

Some more details on both please

I dont know if you have seen some old anime called space adventure cobra or its a guy who has a light gun on his arm and his enemy is crystal boy a guy who light just passes through his body.

Your works remind me of this.

crystal boy

So im guessing fishgirl has some aqua affinity? Like if there was a stage with water you could drown in she would be able to jump out more easily than others?

Roger is a living hologram, sort of like a ghost. Attacks pass through him. And yeah he can fly. While this means physical attacks don't hurt him, there's no reason psychic/energy/magic attacks couldn't. The abra idea is exactly how he would fight. Blink and suddenly you're somewhere else. Nice to see some Space Adventure Cobra referenced. You got good taste in anime!

Percy's telekinetic shield is powerful, but she has a strong sense of fairness. For instance, she would fight Yuria hand-to-hand instead of spamming her tk eyes. And of course powerful attacks can break her tk eyes anyway. The bubbleman submission is exactly something she would do, though blinking isn't just about forming constructs. Part of blinking is learning how to use your shield to get inside an opponent's shield and engage them hand-to-hand, so Percy knows how to wrestle hand-to-hand and can put opponents in submission holds all by herself.

Would tapping out count as an elimination? And on Percy having an aqua affinity yeah. She could knock out someone from holding them underwater.

If you got anymore questions feel free to ask.

12 days ago, 2:46 PM #16
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
Jeremy7:THE EFFIN' DREAM!

My thoughts exactly; here's my entries, I don't have a picture I can easily
post here....

Um Lite's on the left

Power: Goth "Flavored" Psychic powers or Fantisista--the ability to make a temporary version of anything he sees/understand thorougly enough (Which in this case would be Batwings Samurai swords, spears, fire, Jetpack, bombs and Blinding Lights so far)
He also has ALOT of energy/stamina thanks to some help from a guru..

Personality: Has a very upbeat, sometimes playful/jovial personality, but gets serious sometimes when everything else does..

Um, maybe Tier 2? He IS overpowered. but his disinterest in fighting makes his moveset small?

Azura...

Power: Energy weapons based on emotions, which so far means.. when he's angry, he can shoot beams raw power. Mostly he's pretty chill, so when he has to fight; he's usually used up pent up aggression. (His powers comes out as beams, spirals, orbs and when he's calm, can be soft flames, wings of light and sometimes a bow..) He also has exceptional energy because of the Guru

Personality: Seems emotionaless, because his ability's dangerous.. and is just pretty chill in general (even with his murderous tendencies)

Also at 2, because similar to Lite, he's disinterested in fighting, too.. And while he's more willing to kill a enemy, it's only to get back to whatever he's doing... not for the sake of murder/overpowering someone itself...

Hope they make it in... though, I'm not sure if I can even receive the $1 if they do make it... Mostly entering for fun..

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

10 days ago, 11:58 AM #17
Panda Cop

Hello big dong warriors.

Round 1 has ended i will take a short break as i work on some other projects but round 2 will be starting in a few days

Im still working on the concept for the game and trying to get a studio interested in developing it.

I hope everyone is very excellent.
10 days ago, 10:01 PM #18
Kei Esteban
Catgirl Connoisseur
Registration date: 11th Feb 2018
Even if the game never gets made,
you still made a Really cool comic,
and that's something to be proud of!

If you want, you can always start your own Studio!
Godot Engine
Godot Smash Engine
I have 2 random questions, posting them here,
in case others are curious too:

Is the plan to have 100+ Fighters in the game,
as soon as it comes out,
or over time thru DLC &/or Sequels?

Also will the game be as absurdly violent as the comic?
I Really hope so! XD
Hopefully you are Excellent too. ^_^

10 days ago, 11:09 PM #19
shastab24

Yeah, I personally think it might be better to have the guest characters be DLC, like a lot of video games do. That way, you focus on your own characters and then start bringing in others as extras.

It makes me think: what if we in the community banded together to make a game? Probably not likely to happen, but a fun thing to think about. Maybe a thread should be started about speculation for a good way to make a game with one's characters.
9 days ago, 12:14 AM #20
Panda Cop

No the game cant be as violent as i make the comic. Having people cut apart and stuff is actually a lot of work with 3d models like it would be so much extra work that doesnt need to be done.

I sent miaubol a message about this recently when she said i reminded her of mortal kombat.

I just naturally draw fight scenes with blood and people getting ripped apart pretty much because that would be the reality of the situation.

Smash probably does it best with light effects instead of blood. I remember there was an old power rangers game that had a cheat code to turn the sparks into blood. I think this might be ok to include but wouldnt make sense for characters who have no blood like a robot or somthing.

You dont need gore to have a fun game, it is my fault for making a comic to promote a game and presenting it in a way that the game is not intended to be. This is just how i draw and i also think it would get more publicity, like holy crap this monster just ripped that dude in half!

I dont need to focus on my own characters or promoting my own works lol if anything this game is supposed to serve as an advertising platform for other peoples comics.

The guy who made smash said nobody needs to know who the characters are, they just need to be fun to play as. For me this is the most important thing to remember. When the first smash game came out most people did not know who samus was.

I would say most people who play smash never heard of most of the characters before. For me this game would be the same it doesnt matter if nobody has ever heard of these comics, the game just has to be fun to play. thats all that matters.

As for a buttload of characters upon release. Not likely, probably just somthing like 20 characters of great variety in appearance and play style. (Many webcomic characters may be very similar so it is important to include a base of great variety)

As for the project potentially never seeing release or being needed to be created as a community.

I am fine just working on the concept and trying to get it made by a studio with no help and i am fine with cooperation. I am also fine with a group of individuals deciding to take this concept and produce it on their own. This was just somthing i thought should be created and could make people happy.

I am someone who enjoys creating more than consuming so i am just as happy to work on projects as to play games. I am never going to be butthurt if someone takes this concept and tries to develop it without me as long as they create something which can help others, as in featuring their characters and hopefully getting them a percentage of sales and publicity.

But producing this independantly would be a lot of work. Like creating this game inside an existing game like brawlout would be much less work and cost much less. Getting a studio to develop the game who can build it inside an existing game they already own would be more profitable for them also since most of the work would already be done.

Angry mob games who made brawlout hasnt responded to me yet but its only been about a week since i emailed them anyways and for these things a week would be fast.

I also emailed SNK who never developed a smash clone but they could probably build one inside king of fighters without too much trouble. I did recieve an email back saying they would get back to me but thats about it at this point.

I have been working on the stage concepts also.

At this point being completely realistic with everyone there is probably only like a 10% chance this game will see full release, but if i dont try it will be 0%

luck is when preparation meets opportunity so i will just keep preparing and hunting opportunities.

Atleast i will be able to build the base for something someone else may be able to finish in the future.
Forum > Community Projects & Art Trades > Apply within to get your characters featured in Cosmic Warriors Battle Arena
Pages: [1] [2]