Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - Hello, fellow creators!

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Introductions > Hello, fellow creators!
Pages: [1] [2]

"Hello, fellow creators!", 22nd Nov 2019, 3:25 AM #1
RealXove

Registration date: 8th Nov 2019
Hi everyone!

I wanted to log in and introduce myself even though my comic's start is a ways away. I've been on this site before, so whether you recognize the username or not is quite alright with me. I just wanted to say how nostalgic it is to come back and see all the progress everyone else made. It's made me giddy with excitement!

That aside, the comic should actually start before June of 2020. I'm holding myself to that and y'all can too! I've done all the world-building (5-6 years of it tbh), and the story mapping is coming to a close. It's easily my longest standing story with my deepest and most intense development, so I really want this personal project to pay off!

So a fun little thing I can get to know my fellow creators by:

1. When did you first join Comicfury?
2. Are you a comic creator as well or just a reader, or both?
3. Are you a planner or a 'pantzer' (works on the fly)?
4. Is your comic your hobby or your career?
5. Do you like aliens????? D:<
Yes, answering that last question does win you brownie points X3

As for me:

1. I first joined Comicfury years ago, can't even count how long ago, lol. But I had to do a lot of growing before coming back and really getting into writing/drawing a comic.
2. I am both, enthusiastically! I love working on my own work and reading other's! Especially if extraterrestrials are involved! >:D
3. I am definitely a planner. I got everything down to a T.
4. The comic is starting out as a hobby, but I'm not afraid of it advancing into a business/career should it take off. It'd be really exciting!
5. UHM YEAH???! lol

Anyway, that's my rant! Thanks for reading! <3
22nd Nov 2019, 3:47 AM #2
LMS

Registration date: 11th Jul 2016
Howdy, you can call me LMS, or some strange, anti-abbreviation thereof, like some weirdo does (you know who you are). Welcome back to CF, Xove! You say you love aliens, do you mean all aliens, or just the ones who don't try to invade/cleanse your planet?

Ah, me - my favorite topic!
1. I've been on CF a year or two now, though I tend to haunt the Strudelboard, more than the forums.
2. I'm a reader for sure.
3. I'm a planner who procrastinates until pantsing is the only option.
4. If have no comic and do not engage in professional, competitive reading. So, hobby.
5. It depends. Which kind of alien are we talking about?
6. I began none of my answers to your questions with the letter "V", despite there being V questions (and not VI, as some would assume looking at this reply).
22nd Nov 2019, 4:48 AM #3
BlueDragon

Registration date: 7th Jan 2015
Hey there! I'm not sure I can guess you were, or if I knew you, but glad you're back! Make sure you advertise your comic when you post it :D I may want to check it out :3

!. When did you first join Comicfury?

Both

Planner for sure, though I don't have the end of the entire series figured out.

Meh, a little of both. I'd like it to be a career, but I recognize I've a long way to go. I'm persistent.

I mean, David Bowie, so hells yeah!
Starman? Yep.

Uh...I guess I judge each alien by how much they're trying to kill me.
22nd Nov 2019, 5:11 AM #4
fedoramoron
black market meme hookup
Registration date: 27th Mar 2015
welcome back!!!!!!!!!!!!! nice to meet you, i am just a hat c:

1. according to my profile, i joined in 2015 but i believe i didn't do anything until 2016 - when i started my comic and joined the forum
2. comic creator! i really wish i had the time to read other's comics... but the few ive read are fantastic!
3. i'm a pantser at heart but that's... really not okay when you're writing mystery haha :') SO planning is part of what im learning to get better at! thankfully now i get an idea of the chapter's full arc before beginning, and thumbnail the whole thing before doing anything else - still tend to pants the composition and dialogue or else i get super bored
4. i hope comics or something similar can be my career someday!
5. im a believer
22nd Nov 2019, 5:33 AM #5
ChristianRepass
voted to be eaten first
Registration date: 6th Apr 2017
2016, I believe.
¿Por que no los dos?
No, how would I be an old German tank? Oh, you said "pantzer." Yeah, I work on the fly a lot, but I still plan for long-term.
It's kind of a hobby, since I don't take commissions, though I like it if people like what I do.
It depends on the alien. If they'd eat my face off, then no. If they come in peace, then yes.
22nd Nov 2019, 12:36 PM #6
Dyohna

Registration date: 20th Feb 2015

Like a year after I joined is when I actually started doing things. I was testing my layouts and planning.

I'm mainly a creator. I follow a few stories but it just depends on my mood. The problem is my drawing mood and my reading mood are too close to each other :^(

A bit of both. I plan everything but I still draw week by week.

I hope it turns into a career.

NO!! >:V

Good luck with your comic launch btw! :D
22nd Nov 2019, 1:38 PM #7
Matt Comics
?️‍???????????? ??? ??
Registration date: 17th Aug 2017
LMS:you can call me LMS, or some strange, anti-abbreviation thereof, like some weirdo does (you know who you are)

*cough*

I don't know what you're talking about, Lying Mycoplasmic Specimen.

anyhow... hello, new person!

1. I joined in 2017, apparently. this was the event known as the Coming of Mr. Comics. not as impressive as Galactus's debut, but not as destructive either, so it evens out.

2. both. but I obviously spend more time procrastinating creating stuff than reading other webcomics. I'm desperately trying to find more time to read and comment on stuff that interests me.

3. I'm somewhere in the middle of the scale. I know the broad strokes and important steps of whatever I'm doing, and I leave the details to my future self. I also never underestimate flashes of inspiration and organic plot development.

4. comics will probably remain a hobby forever, but who knows...

5. aliens are awesome as long as they don't try to disintegrate me.
22nd Nov 2019, 1:39 PM #8
SupermarketCordyceps

Registration date: 31st Oct 2018
Hi there! It's good to hear you've been doing a lot of planning for your comic project, it sounds like you've been carefully considering a lout about the comic. I wish you the best of luck with it, and welcome to Comic Fury!

Also questions yay!

1. When did you first join ComicFury?

A few years ago, I mostly lurked. I completed my first comic this year.

I do both, yes! Though I'm currently working on planning my next comic and am having a break to work on an animation at the moment.

3. Are you a planner or a "pantzer" (works on the fly)?

A bit of both...maybe the latter more than the former, I'm not happy to admit haha.

It's just a hobby, and while I don't intend to try and make a living from art, I do want to eventually try and get a graphic novel published someday.

5. Do you like aliens?f

Sure, why not. The typical grey aliens are pretty cool I guess.
22nd Nov 2019, 3:30 PM #9
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
- I really don't remember. It was ages ago.
- Both
- Not sure, never thought about that.
- At the moment hobby, but I'm also planing career in future xD (If people would start to like sci-fi again! )
- I LOVE THEM! Even my comic is about aliens :D
22nd Nov 2019, 3:47 PM #10
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
Hello

1- I joined two years ago.
2- Both.
3- Planner.
4- Both.
5- Yes!

Nice to meet you.
22nd Nov 2019, 3:48 PM #11
mightguy15

Registration date: 24th Sep 2018
RealXove:Hi everyone!

I wanted to log in and introduce myself even though my comic's start is a ways away. I've been on this site before, so whether you recognize the username or not is quite alright with me. I just wanted to say how nostalgic it is to come back and see all the progress everyone else made. It's made me giddy with excitement!

That aside, the comic should actually start before June of 2020. I'm holding myself to that and y'all can too! I've done all the world-building (5-6 years of it tbh), and the story mapping is coming to a close. It's easily my longest standing story with my deepest and most intense development, so I really want this personal project to pay off!

So a fun little thing I can get to know my fellow creators by:

As for me:

1. I first joined Comicfury years ago, can't even count how long ago, lol. But I had to do a lot of growing before coming back and really getting into writing/drawing a comic.
2. I am both, enthusiastically! I love working on my own work and reading other's! Especially if extraterrestrials are involved! >:D
4. The comic is starting out as a hobby, but I'm not afraid of it advancing into a business/career should it take off. It'd be really exciting!
5. UHM YEAH???! lol

Anyway, that's my rant! Thanks for reading! <3

Welcome back to the ranks!

In 2018. Before that, I was essentially just posting my comics on Line, Tapas, and Tokyopops toon app. I like it here more tho, Comicfury is my bae.

Definately both. I love drawing and I love reading other peoples work, reading other peoples work helps me feel inspired and draw.

Definately a hobby, though I plan on making it a career in the future

Honestly, aren't we all technically aliens?
22nd Nov 2019, 4:05 PM #12
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
1. This is literally on a tab below my profile. Which is good, because I thought I joined in 2017 or something. March '18. Read some comics before signing up, such as Lvl 30 Psychiatry and Fledge Fighters.
2. I create and I read.
3. I mostly plan my chapters out and do my filler on the fly.
4. Hobby.
5. I've always been fascinated by extraterrestrials. I also once saw a UFO, which freaked me out. I don't know if I saw an alien spacecraft or something but I did see a UFO.

EDIT: Anyways, since you're asking about aliens, what type of alien fiction do you enjoy?
23rd Nov 2019, 7:28 PM #13
RealXove

Registration date: 8th Nov 2019
Hey guys! Wow, so many responses already! This is amazing! Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I did see some questions/comments though, so I'm going to answer them!

LMS:You say you love aliens, do you mean all aliens, or just the ones who don't try to invade/cleanse your planet?
and
Which kind of alien are we talking about?

Haha, great question! The ones that don't harm us are certainly more appealing, but there might be some aliens who have to retrofit our planet to suit their needs! Might explain the extinction stuff! lol

BlueDragon:Make sure you advertise your comic when you post it :D I may want to check it out!

Aww, you're so sweet! Thanks for the interest! Makes working on it so much more exciting! I'll be sure to do so!

Dyohna:Good luck with your comic launch btw! :D

Thank you so much! And good luck with your comic's success! It looks HELLA adorable and I'll definitely check it out one day!

SupermarketCordyceps:It's good to hear you've been doing a lot of planning for your comic project, it sounds like you've been carefully considering a lot about the comic.

I have, actually! This is a story that's been in development for 5-6 years. All started with a little random alien creature I doodled one day and thought 'woah, I like this design a lot.' I didn't think anything would come of it 5 years later, but here we are! X3

princess_lom:- I LOVE THEM! Even my comic is about aliens :D

I saw! And you have a new subscriber! Heehee :3

mightguy15:Honestly, aren't we technically all aliens?

Ahhh, the philosopher among us. A pleasure to meet you, lol

Jeremy7:Anyways, since you're asking about aliens, what type of alien fiction do you enjoy?

Oh what an awesome question! So, I technically have a wide range of interests, but Sci-Fi has always been my preferred favorite! Since I'm an artist first and writer second, creature design and illustration has always been the most fun thing for me to see in other stories! As far as the type of alien stories, I certainly like the ones where aliens and hominids/humans coexist rather than fight each other. But I grew up on Star Wars with my dad, so that was where the love for it really began!

Thanks so much for all the questions guys! If you have any more please don't be afraid to ask!
23rd Nov 2019, 9:15 PM #14
Travis

Registration date: 16th Feb 2015
yay surveys!

1. When did you first join Comicfury? January 2015
2. Are you a comic creator as well or just a reader, or both? A creator!
3. Are you a planner or a 'pantzer' (works on the fly)? I plan the beginning and end and tie the two together with B.S.
4. Is your comic your hobby or your career? Hobby I have to waste most of my time at a stupid day job.
5. Do you like aliens????? D:< never met one

As for me:

That was smart. I just threw comics on here and … kept doing that.

I want to read more than I do... I want to draw more than I do too.

Sounds good. I should try that. It's the jokes that I don't have. I have to try and make that happen as I go.

Don't get hung up on that Idea, some people burn out because they don't feel like their comic is popular enough.

5. UHM YEAH???! lol

hmm... I was expecting more of a story here ;)
23rd Nov 2019, 9:37 PM #15
Nyomi
Drum bum
Registration date: 15th Jun 2016
Hey Real! I'm diggin the pfp - looks cool as hell. Welcome to CF!

1.) When did you join?

2016, although it's worth noting that messed up my wrist a little under two years ago and I've been pretty spottily here since. Seems like I'm back for now? Who knows! I don't know. I'm just here.

2.) Are you a creator or a reader?

Both! I mean, more of a reader on account of my own problems with reboot hell and saying consistent, but theoretically I'm also a creator, haha!

Here's hoping one day soon I'll officially join the creator group again.

3.) Are you a planner or a 'pantzer?'

Right now, more of a planner. Tries to just pantz it the first time and it was pretty bad if I do say so myself, so we gon make a plan before I go too deep this time. At least a rough one. I think the sweet spot is somewhere inbetween, honestly.

4.) Hobby or career?

Hobby. I'm not motivated enough regarding drawing to make this a career. That's what my film major is for! ;^)

5.) Do you like aliens?????

all i ever write are sci-fis and im taking a class called "astrobiology" i fuckin love aliens i hope we find some soon
23rd Nov 2019, 9:43 PM #16
Lee Lines

Registration date: 14th Jun 2016
Hello.

I joined in 2016.

I'm technically a comic creator. The fact that my comic recycles a a Golden-Age character makes it more a matter of opinion.

I sort of work on the fly. I have the rough details worked out so I know where I'm going. My strip being on hiatus because of technical issues is definitely unplanned.

Would like to do it professionally, but as I look my work over, the word "Hobby" just screams at me!

I've never met an alien, so I'm not going to make any snap judgements.
23rd Nov 2019, 10:37 PM #17
KarToon12

Registration date: 2nd Feb 2012
Hi! It's nice to meet you! <3

Back in 2012 when my own comic first started.

I'm both.

I'm a planner for sure. Perhaps an OVER-planner.

Technically a hobby, though I sell my art and comics at conventions too. If it could be my one and only career some day, that'd be awesome.

Who DOESN'T like aliens? <3
23rd Nov 2019, 11:48 PM #18
princess_lom

Registration date: 30th Jun 2013
RealXove:I saw! And you have a new subscriber! Heehee :3

Thank you <3 love U <3
24th Nov 2019, 12:56 AM #19
CrosEL

Registration date: 9th Mar 2018
RealXove:Hi everyone!

I only just recently joined.. .. So I probably didn't get a chance to know you.. that being said; Glad to meet you too! That's a LONG time to plan/build something, and I wish you the very best in fulfilling your personal goal(s)!

RealXove:So a fun little thing I can get to know my fellow creators by:

<3

And all shall be answered as I love talking about myself doing quizzes!

1: Joined Comic Fury in March of last year, I think....

2: I'm a creator who's gone unnoticed as one, and more so as "that guy who chills in forums"..

3: I plan bigger projects like UBERNATURA but it might NOT get finished thanks to hardware problems :( Nearly everything else I do is on the fly!

4: Comics are a hobby I hope to turn into a career... but...

5: Yes, I love aliens! In fact I've played "Alien Hominid", am currently playing "A Hat In Time" in which I think the main character's a alien, have written a Naruto Parody with Goofy aliens near the end, and am planning a story with 2 alien characters who could steal the show from the main character if portrayed right!

Again, good luck with your comic! Wishing you the best!!

God: Who told thee that thou suck?

24th Nov 2019, 1:07 AM #20
jamanning7

Registration date: 19th Nov 2018
Hi!

1. Last year
2. I mostly create comics, but I read other's comics sometimes.
3. I plan out the basic plot outline, everything else is done on the fly.
4. It's a hobby for now.
5. Never. (Sorry)