Forum > Shameless Advertisement > The Extras - School Story / Comedy / Fantasy / Slice-of-Life
Pages: 1 2
"The Extras - School Story / Comedy / Fantasy / Slice-of-Life", 29th Nov 2019, 1:33 AM #1
The Extras is a modern take on a classic boarding school story, a slice-of-life comedy-fantasy about the everyday adventures of growing up. Located in the City, the School of Saints Java and Hellbender is as much a character in the story as the girls from almost everywhere who live and learn there, and just as full of secrets.

http://theextras.thecomicseries.com

We update every Friday at 3:00 EST.

Influences include the boarding school stories of Angela Brazil and Gordon Korman, my own experiences teaching in Japan, and indy comics.

Our creative crew:

Pam Bliss (sharkipede): She created the setting, two of the main characters and many supporting ones, and has been writing and drawing comics for many moons. This is her first webcomic. She co-writes, edits, does design work, and occasionally contributes art. She’s from Indiana.

Katie Hodges (inkthinker) : She draws the pages, co-designs, and contributes to the storyline. A veteran webcomic creator, she’s the creator of Masked and the colorist of Gryphon Rise. She’s from Georgia.

Jeffrey Lilly (Firefly Jelly) : I write the scripts and the story. I’ve been writing fiction and comics for many moons, but not as many as sharkipede. This is also my first webcomic. I’m from Michigan.

"Migration complete and new page is up!", 29th Nov 2019, 10:46 PM #2
Thank you all again for your warm welcome. Please check out the new page of The Extras, or start at the beginning. We hope you enjoy it!

The Extras
"Extras Update for December 6, 2019", 6th Dec 2019, 9:34 PM #3
The new page of The Extras is up! It's the third in the mysterious "Journal" series. This week, a brief history of the founder and first headmistress of The School of Saints Java and Hellbender; a woman ahead of her time and at home in the air.

We return to the standard comics format next week! The Extras updates every Friday at 3:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
17th Dec 2019, 6:06 AM #4
The new page is up as of Friday the 13th of December!
Please check it out!
6th Jan 2020, 5:41 AM #5
Forgot to update this page for a bit... #30 is up, in which breakfast continues and Nita explains where she's from.

The Extras
18th Jan 2020, 3:48 AM #6
The newest page of the Extras, #32, is up!

The Extras
29th Mar 2020, 4:38 AM #7
Well, I kinda let this thread go, but will try to update it more often. We're two pages away from being finished with Chapter 1. Click on the banner below to read the latest page of The Extras!
5th Apr 2020, 3:20 AM #8
We've reached the penultimate episode of chapter 1. The new girl gets a name and someone else drops in for a visit. Click the banner below to read!
13th Apr 2020, 5:22 PM #9
Let's have a bumpity-bump bump for the final page in Chapter 1!

The Extras 44 - All Together Now
21st Apr 2020, 1:28 AM #10
The weekly bump! This week, we have COLOR. The last panel of chapter 1, re-imagined with new dialog!
21st Apr 2020, 2:33 AM #11
Firefly Jelly:
Jeffrey Lilly (Firefly Jelly) :

I don't remember if I already knew this or just figured it out

Apologies for how long it's taken to do your review btw. I need to use a better device than my phone and lost part of the review when my laptop catapulted
21st Apr 2020, 5:17 PM #12
mitchellbravo:I don't remember if I already knew this or just figured it out

Apologies for how long it's taken to do your review btw. I need to use a better device than my phone and lost part of the review when my laptop catapulted

Yeah, Firefly Jelly is a perfect anagram, so I figured I'd use it as a pen name. Very good, detective!

No worries, take your time. I know we're all supposed to have all this time on our hands, but the reality is often very different when there are family matters to attend to and just the chaos of the new normal. Upheaval is not good for plans. Neither are tech problems. I hope you didn't lose much data when your pyooter crapped out. In any case, I look forward to it whenever you can get to it, but please don't feel any pressure.
26th Jul 2020, 3:30 AM #13
It's been a while since I updated this thread, so... please read the new page and hopefully enjoy it!

The Extras
1st Nov 2020, 4:46 PM #14
Check out The Extras this week, as class is interrupted for a special announcement!
7th Nov 2020, 4:44 AM #15
Hup hup hup, where will we end up?

http://theextras.thecomicseries.com/comics/77/
25th Nov 2020, 7:42 PM #16
Something is happening soon...

http://theextras.thecomicseries.com/comics/79/
5th Dec 2020, 3:25 AM #17
Some are calm, some are skeptical... others are just whooped up!

The Extras #81
12th Dec 2020, 6:58 PM #18
Hey, hey! It's an announcement!

The countdown is on.
1st Jan 2021, 9:54 PM #19
Happy New Year, everyone! From Us to You!
24th Jan 2021, 6:03 AM #20
Episode 88! Will Shelby ever stop trying to yank Patience's chain?