Comic Fury Webcomic Hosting - What did you get done today?

You are not logged in. Log in, Register, More info
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today?
Pages: [1] [2]

"What did you get done today?", 8 days ago, 7:06 PM #1
mitchellbravo

Registration date: 23rd Nov 2019
A thread to self-congratulate or self-flagellate about your webcomic achievements today, or lack thereof.

I'm feeling pretty good because for the first time in really ever, I have two scenes at different stages of completion both underway at the same time. One of them is fully inked and I started to color a little bit and anticipate I can make a good deal of headway on that this afternoon. The other I sketched last night over the course of a few hours and I might ink the dialogue if I get done with coloring flats on the other scene. I was always worried to start a scene when one wasn't done yet because I worried I'd just keep putting off working on the old page once it got to a step I didn't feel like doing, but it's actually kind of nice and motivating to be able to go back and forth between them.

When these two scenes are finished and edited I'll finally be done with chapter 7, can upload it all in one go, and then can resume regular weekly updates when I start the next chapter early next year. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay "on the ball" but it's a nice feeling, even if it's temporary.
8 days ago, 7:16 PM #2
jellyfishin

Registration date: 20th Nov 2019
Managed to just finish doing the lineart for all the pages of my next chapter. Now I just have to finish up with spotting black and do the cover.

Off topic: This is the last day before SmackJeeves goes down for the conversion, so I'm really glad to the SJ "Your day in webcomics" thread being revived here. Hope to see its continued success on Comic Fury :)
8 days ago, 8:47 PM #3
JSS.ONE

Registration date: 8 days ago
I uploaded my comic.
it was stressful.
8 days ago, 9:06 PM #4
Jay042
Keeps with the times
Registration date: 7th Nov 2009
Well, I got some more work done on my Christmas Exchange page, and later helped my brother do some more cleaning out of his apartment.
"Trust me, I'm an internet psychologist", 8 days ago, 9:15 PM #5
Cope

Registration date: 19th Nov 2019
JSS.ONE:I uploaded my comic.
it was stressful.

Sounds like stage fright to me.
8 days ago, 9:49 PM #6
MK_Wizard

Registration date: 17th Jun 2017
I made cookies and muffins. Yummy.
8 days ago, 10:27 PM #7
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
mitchellbravo:A thread to self-congratulate or self-flagellate about your webcomic achievements today, or lack thereof.

I'm feeling pretty good because for the first time in really ever, I have two scenes at different stages of completion both underway at the same time. One of them is fully inked and I started to color a little bit and anticipate I can make a good deal of headway on that this afternoon. The other I sketched last night over the course of a few hours and I might ink the dialogue if I get done with coloring flats on the other scene. I was always worried to start a scene when one wasn't done yet because I worried I'd just keep putting off working on the old page once it got to a step I didn't feel like doing, but it's actually kind of nice and motivating to be able to go back and forth between them.

When these two scenes are finished and edited I'll finally be done with chapter 7, can upload it all in one go, and then can resume regular weekly updates when I start the next chapter early next year. I don't know how long I'll be able to stay "on the ball" but it's a nice feeling, even if it's temporary.

Good for you, I’m glad you’re feeling motivated!

Today is my break, but I will get started on the next page tomorrow hopefully. I am proud of this week’s page, it took me pretty quick all things considered, and today I was just linking it on social media and responding to comments. Oh—I did a random sketch of Kairo today when I was doodling with my brothers:

I guess I’m pretty proud of that, since I didn’t use a photo reference and it still looks okay. Idk why it looks like he’s singing tho

My little sister did one too:

But idk why she drew him so emotional
One week ago, 12:44 AM #8
mitchellbravo

ShaRose49:
My little sister did one too:

But idk why she drew him so emotional

Especially when he has such impressive escher arms
One week ago, 2:29 AM #9
ShaRose49

Registration date: 27th Jul 2018
IKR? Lol, she’s 7
6 days ago, 1:31 AM #10
mitchellbravo

Haha I'm coloring a fall scene and was gonna just do watercolor for the leaves. I worried it wouldn't be bold enough* so I figured "well I'll do a bit with marker first, you know, for accents" which turned into "OOPS I CAN'T STOP ADDING MORE" and now it looks like everyone is in Hell and being licked by flames haha

"haha"

*not so bold would have been appropriate as it is a fall scene and not literally a hellscape lesson learned

eta: Oh god there's no way to fix this ther'es no way to tame the flame I'm going to have to *desaturate* the colors in post good lord
2 days ago, 4:46 PM #11
Jeremy7
What a sucker
Registration date: 7th Mar 2018
I finished the drawings for, like, 5 Pine Hill Creature Feature pages. Including the (Page 7) Cover.
2 days ago, 4:49 PM #12
Lampette

Registration date: 21st Nov 2019
fiddled with my website layout, now i feel pretty satisfied with it.
2 days ago, 6:51 PM #13
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
Just sketched the first 2 panels of the next page.
2 days ago, 7:19 PM #14
SupermarketCordyceps

Registration date: 31st Oct 2018
I've managed to start building up more of a buffer for my new comic. It's also a learning experience, as the pages are painted partially with watercolour, a medium I want to get better with.
Yesterday, 10:58 AM #15
Eve Z.
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Registration date: 10th Mar 2017
Just finished sketching page 2. Aaaay!
Yesterday, 11:36 AM #16
argylefox

Registration date: 11th Jul 2014
Finished 2 pages despite being a bit down on my comic at the moment.
Yesterday, 3:12 PM #17
mitchellbravo

My next chapter is almost entirely scripted except for a few scenes I was still scratching my head over. Last night I wrote up the first scene in one of those head-scratch arcs. Hoping to set up the second one today. Now that those are underway I'm ready to start producing the pages for that chapter as soon as I finish the last two scenes of this doomed, damned 4-year-taking chapter.

Inked a bit too. Feeling pretty good about how things are progressing for now.
Yesterday, 6:42 PM #18
BustyLaroo

Registration date: 5th Feb 2019
I fed my kids and dog, and swatched some watercolors from a dot card... :P
Yesterday, 7:00 PM #19
jellyfishin

Registration date: 20th Nov 2019
This week was pretty busy, and I didn’t get as much work as done as I liked. Didn’t get around to doing spotting black, but at least sketched the cover for the next chapter.
Yesterday, 8:42 PM #20
Algaire

Registration date: 5 days ago
Since I'm on a short holiday, I crossed Spanish-French border to know Biarritz and Bayonne. I visited a museum about Basque Country and learned new words in Euskera language.
And ate chocolate. A lot. Nothing else ^^U