Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132
12 days ago, 10:57 PM #2561
-3-

I got my first jab today. I decided on the Moderna vaccine.
(BTW - when reading through the formulae and comparison checking ingredients and such, i found it quite amusing thinking about the last ingredient - Sucrose. You know - just a spoon full of sugar to help the medicine go down.)

I wonder what PR Genius decided to associate the viral inoculation program that some people are afraid of with the viral zombie movie 28 Days Later?
11 days ago, 6:55 AM #2562
And who could forget dear future knight
I LAUNCHED MY WEBCOMIC AND I'M HYPED

I'M SO HYPED I'M NOT EVEN THINKING ABOUT HOW I HAVEN'T DONE MY TAXES YET

WOOOOOOOO
11 days ago, 6:57 AM #2563
I have a Gumroad store again! YAY!
10 days ago, 12:55 AM #2564
After too many days of putting off this particular step, I asked myself- isn't it possible I could just sketch and ink all these backgrounds in an hour? (and redraw a foreground i was really unhappy with)

Well, I only made it to 45 minutes because that's all I have in me today, but the answer is very nearly "yes." There's a recurring object pair I sketched but didn't ink yet, but I'm gonna stop here for today because i feel myself getting spiteful and sloppy; additionally there's one establishing panel that will require a bit more care as well (I unfortunately started inking it in a grumpy mood so it looks like all the inked furniture is made out of chocolate in a warm room)

I wish I could stop hating this part of the process when it doesn't take that long to do (45 minutes to ink 14 panels of backgrounds, granted they're simple backgrounds but you know) and it makes the page so much closer to being finished and look so much better. I've gone back to listening to upbeat music instead of podcasts in order to keep moving which has helped a bunch, but I *keep getting hung up* on this step with every single page I've done lately.
10 days ago, 1:11 AM #2565
I just finished another entry for 30 Days Of Characters; just need to make time to do the photography (and all the cropping/resizing/etc that goes with it).

10 days ago, 4:04 AM #2566
formerly Confettirainbowpony
finished inking a page and got some flats down! I had to give up my five page batches momentarily and just focus on finishing one page at a time for now because progress lately has been very slow coming and i'm still not sure how i want to do this part and what exactly i want to say with it. I've rewritten it like a million times. I'll be so happy when i can just be done with it and onto a new scene!!!
10 days ago, 6:57 AM #2567
loved birds way before they were the word
Happy to report that I am finally done with the layout and sketches for the last 6 pages of Chapter 2. The sketches are always the hardest for me to start because that blank canvas is so intimidating, but I’m actually really happy with how the dialogue and character acting turned out for these pages.

Now on to the word balloons, then lineart.
10 days ago, 7:30 AM #2568
i finally started putting all the story planning i've been keeping in my head into a notebook! even gonna get some solid numbers nailed down for some parts of the plan that really need 'em
9 days ago, 1:33 AM #2569
formerly Confettirainbowpony
almost finished flats and backgrounds for this page. Should be able to finish the whole thing tomorrow! :D Also realized the reason i'm having so much trouble with this scene is because it's a hugely pivotal scene where my two main characters meet for the first time and this scene sets up both of their character arcs and relationship for the entire story so i can't be too hard on myself for having a little trouble. <:'D i'm going to take some time with a notebook tomorrow and work it out in writing.

Also decided to change my color palette to a more desirable one for the story and add nocturnal palettes, etc...14 pages in.. <:') and none of my pre-made backgrounds will match the new palette.. i should probably wait until this scene is over.. or i'll have to make new backgrounds..
9 days ago, 2:07 AM #2570
started writing chapter 1 for a currently-unnamed comic of mine. whereas before id just make it up as i went on, now im planning things in advance. i dont want to run into anymore walls than i have to, yknow. think of it as.. wait, i shouldnt spoil it ;)
9 days ago, 2:12 AM #2571
Uploaded tomorrow's Tangentville as well as another 30 Days Of Characters entry.

9 days ago, 2:21 AM #2572
-3-

I finished up tomorrow's Colonial Census post, so i'm managing to continue staying one whole day ahead of things. But sure would be nice to build up a buffer again.
9 days ago, 12:37 PM #2573
Been feeling a bit down so I've decided to try part in this thread more to build up my motivation. Hi everyone!

Today I finally finished the shading of page 22 of my comic, all I have to do is add the lettering and speech bubbles.
9 days ago, 10:18 PM #2574
Began coloring this next setting. I always forget how long this part of the process takes, like compared to everything else- granted it makes things actually look finished or close to finished, but it's rough to try tackling 3 pages in one go. I do it because it keeps things consistent and can speed up the process by a few minutes since I"m not picking up and putting down markers or stuck trying to remember what I used for which object/thinking about what would look best, and at the end it's great because then there's several finished pages ready for editing, but it takes so long to get there it can feel like a real slog.

I'd love to get these all done and preferably edited as well this weekend, because then I'll be good through the first week of May and also be done with the chapter.
9 days ago, 11:12 PM #2575
Almost finished another entry for 30 Days of Characters.

EDIT: He's done and uploaded. Huzzah!

9 days ago, 11:54 PM #2576
loved birds way before they were the word
currently inking this next batch of pages. i finished the word balloons last night. there's 6 pages left in the chapter, 1 of which is a double-page spread, so technically it's only 5. things tend to move along much more quickly once I have the sketches done and the word balloons finished.

@mitch sorry I disliked your post by accident, my mouse slipped
8 days ago, 12:45 AM #2577
it's okay mitch, i got revenge for you

edit: avenge me
8 days ago, 1:22 AM #2578
Its good to get a dislike now and then, stops you from getting too comfortable ynowwimsain
8 days ago, 1:58 AM #2579
Transcripts! I am very happy to have more transcripts.
8 days ago, 9:28 AM #2580
inked a page