Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14
11 days ago, 6:11 AM #241
KAM

Well, a little backstory, I got a tablet a few weeks ago that I've been having trouble getting to work right for me.

Earlier today I had an idea for a comic, so I forced myself to draw it using the tablet and, while not perfect, I did manage to produce a drawing I considered acceptable, and it'll be going up for people to point and laugh at in about 50 minutes.
9 days ago, 3:20 AM #242
it'll be going up for people to point and laugh at in about 50 minutes.

Making people laugh is the best though, I wish my comics were funnier sometimes.

I finished this week’s page a day earlier than I usually do, so yaaaaay
8 days ago, 3:58 AM #243
I think I pretty much finished the final page of my current chapter of Steamroller Man! I honestly never expected to have stuck with it for this long! I also didn't expect that the chapter would go for 38 pages! My initial plan was to do about 22 pages!

I just have to do a few finishing touches, deleting unused layers, finessing the word balloons and lettering, etc.

Then on to plotting the next chapter! Woo hoo!!
8 days ago, 6:16 AM #244
Even though im on 3 hours of sleep, after getting home from work I finished a page with a lot of actions going on. Which is good because I really prefer drawing expressions and characters and my next pages should be easier to get through.

Now the most productive thing I could do for myself would be to go to sleep immediately..
8 days ago, 6:31 AM #245
loved birds way before they were the word
I've been stuck inside for over a week. I managed to finish the inks for two pages today. That's a new record for me. I'm trying to work in batches so I don't get stuck on the same page.
8 days ago, 11:56 AM #246
I managed to fill this week's quota (finished pencilling on three pages) and cleaned up a bunch of older pages.
One week ago, 1:26 AM #247
This thread motivates me so much.

I finished page 14 and I'm working on the roughs of page 15. Probably will sketch it too.
One week ago, 1:27 AM #248
I did new page to my comic which makes me proud.
One week ago, 2:42 AM #249
Today wound up being more of a "house" day than a "comic" day, but I've found that sometimes making my environment more calming helps me feel more creative later.

The past few days I did a few sketches of something fun I want to bring to the forums once it's finished, and also started to do the second round of inking on the scene I'm working on. I'm gonna try to finish that up tonight and tomorrow morning, and then pick colors during the daylight and get to work on that. I have Monday's page all ready to go, so if I can get through this scene, I'll be 4 weeks ahead, which is like, cool and stuff.

Sometime this week when I'm in the mood to just do mindless repetitive tedious tasks (and hey with the right music and a little to drink I don't mind) I'll start to correctly backdate my archive so it doesn't look like I created 300+ pages within 4 months lol

ETIDED TO ADD:

EUUURRGHH AAAURUGHHH WHEN THE INK WASN'T TOTALLY DRY AND YOU COME SWEEPING THROUGH WITH THE ERASER XoX
One week ago, 6:07 AM #250
Hated to mark my comic as under hiatus, but it needed to be done since stuff happened and my plan to upload in a few weeks got set back really badly.

But on the plus side, I penciled two pages today and I’ve got 10 pages left to pencil.

mitchellbravo: EUUURRGHH AAAURUGHHH WHEN THE INK WASN'T TOTALLY DRY AND YOU COME SWEEPING THROUGH WITH THE ERASER XoX.

I feel your pain. TvT
One week ago, 6:10 AM #251
I just uploaded all five pages for next week. I have the week after that done but I'm not sure what to do after that if Jersey is still under "shelter in place" by then...
One week ago, 5:10 PM #252
Finished inking and shading both of next week's pages.
6 days ago, 6:47 AM #253
Some watercolor stuff got finished for the first time in over a week. A comic page inches towards completion. It's pre-scheduled for Saturday, with language in the author comment along the lines of 'if you see a placeholder here, this means something has happened to me.' So that should work as a pointed stick for me to keep plugging away at it.
6 days ago, 6:49 AM #254
loved birds way before they were the word
GOT ANOTHER PAGE INKED
6 days ago, 7:50 PM #255
Managed to pencil an entire page.
6 days ago, 7:58 PM #256
Alley Dweller
Outlined an idea for a new comic, I'm thinking I might dive into the Superhero genre, which should be fun if a bit daunting, I love the genre but I'm not completely confident I can add anything truly unique to it. It'll be a fun writing challenge while I'm stuck at home.
5 days ago, 1:46 AM #257
I finished and uploaded the final page of my current chapter! I feel pretty proud of that achievement! I never expected to get this far!
5 days ago, 2:21 AM #258
A surprisingly productive afternoon. Or at least it seemed that way. I inked some details and flatted pretty much all foreground objects. Having a little bit of a fight with the color scheme I chose because one of my characters looked like she was a ghost just sitting there (which like kind of works metaphorically but) so Idk if I'm goign to have to do some more layering after I get the backgrounds done... maybe the background will contrast enough to make her seem more vibrant and alive

also crossing fingers that when it's time, my background effect works and doesn't look sloppy and bad. The first time I did a similar motif it worked, the second time it stunk because I didn't put enough effort into keeping it neat. We'll see
5 days ago, 8:48 PM #259
I hate coloring skies
4 days ago, 8:58 AM #260
KAM

Eh, I find skies more boring than anything else. Usually I use the paint bucket to add blue, then choose white or grey to make fluffy little clouds, and maybe sometimes I'll add birds to make it less visually boring.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14