Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 91
9th Dec 2019, 6:06 AM #21
I finished work on a page, scripted two more, canned those, then re-scripted one page.
9th Dec 2019, 6:36 AM #22
formerly DrFurball
Drew a panel-and-a-half of the upcoming Christmas special, and talked to someone about how a character in it is based on Captain Lou Albano.
9th Dec 2019, 11:40 AM #23
Can yesterday count for today's post? If so, I was able to finish penciling and started inking the second page of a possible 8 page submission to an anthology, I hope to be published in.

"Entertainment one page at a time."
10th Dec 2019, 12:46 AM #24
I haven't been around much (and won't be,) due to getting ready for Con+Alt+Delete in a couple weeks. But I'm proud of how much work I've been getting accomplished today!

*signed off on proof of Act 2 of Dark Horse at the printers (not the version that's up on CF.)
*ordered second banner that I finished last night, and paid for it.
*finished binder for convention.
*this week's dinner & lunches (I meal plan, so Sunday or Monday is when I do our cooking.)
*inked Act 6 and scanned for screen-toning.
*recorded Wed. video (in the process of editing and recording audio.)
*planned meals for convention (but waiting for next week to get groceries.)

Ugh...I'm excited for all this, but I'm also super exhausted. I am not doing anything after Christmas! Just going to veg out o_O (and do taxes.)
10th Dec 2019, 1:38 AM #25
Unapologetically Enthusiastic
Finished up my first of two pages for the week, which involved a vehicle, which I'm usually not good at, but I think it came out pretty dope. Will do the second page tomorrow, hopefully finishing it before work!
10th Dec 2019, 1:42 AM #26
Nothing whole. Edited a bit of a page. Scripted one scene of an arc. Sketched some background elements onto my next scene I'm working on.

I want to scare some sketches I have, but they're pretty much all from like 2 chapters ahead of where we are (3 chapters from where my CF site is currently caught up at) and I don't want to spoil those character arcs, even though I'm sure a) no one would really care much either way and b) it might actually make people more interested, idk

And yeah I'm just gonna leave that typo there lmao

Just to confess a bit, I'm just so scared about Real Life catching up and knocking me down again. I don't want chapter 8 to take another 4 years to complete. It's gonna be a *long* chapter as-is- if I manage to update once a week, it'll still be about 2 years long (god I'd love to do a two-a-week schedule if I had the buffer). But like we're buying a house and moving in early next year if all works out, and ideally trying to have a kid soon, and like- I dunno, man, I can see this joyride coming to a halt. I've just been *so productive* the past few weeks. Joining here really reinvigorated me and made me excited about my comic again and I don't want to lose that again. Seeing the buffer of pages queued up really inspired a sense of accomplishment (idk why as they're old pages) and now that I'm working on the last scene of the chapter I really feel like I'm near the finish line. But as much as I'm excited for chapter 8, I'm like butt hopping mad excited about the chapters to come and like
guys I just want to keep doing this while it lasts :/
10th Dec 2019, 2:56 AM #27
Digital Metalworker
I finally put out a call for line artists for Spider Pizza. It's a scary step, but a vital one to keep my dream alive.
10th Dec 2019, 3:16 AM #28
voted to be eaten first
I JUST completed the newest page of Odyssey of the Daybreak, which drops tomorrow! This is a big deal, since I haven't updated it in a week, and I usually don't finish drawing each page till midnight!
10th Dec 2019, 11:09 PM #29
mitchellbravo:It's gonna be a *long* chapter as-is- if I manage to update once a week, it'll still be about 2 years long

Last night I went over the script and started to loosely panel and come up with page counts. I think I'll actually be more in the range of 60-70 pages, which is still over a year at once-a-week, but not as drastic as I expected it would be.
14th Dec 2019, 7:36 PM #30
Did a little "retail therapy" and by that I mean I bought 3 bristol pads (too expensively from Large Chain Store, I usually shop small but couldn't justify driving 45 mins to an hour round trip to the store I usually buy from and the other local small places were closed at the hour I was itching to go) to hopefully see me through the next chapter.

Since I'm in an inventorial mood I'm going to look over my nibs and inks situation. I wisely kept track of the dates each time I changed the nib or ink of one of my comic pens. I'm going to see if there's a general pagecount range I can expect each nib size to last (since I use some more than others). I find myself wearing the nibs down and not noticing how poor the quality has gotten until it's too late.

after that WHO KNOWS what will happen.
14th Dec 2019, 10:53 PM #31
It was a taking care of business type of day in which I decided not to draw. I got most of my business taken care of:

Contacted a relative I haven't spoken to in years;
Set up a Pillowfort account;
Did Christmas shopping online, avoiding Amazon entirely;
Set up a Substack-hosted mailing list to replace the Facebook Pages for my various webcomics and hopefully communicate more effectively with my readers about updates and other things. And wrote the first post, and promoted it.
14th Dec 2019, 10:56 PM #32
managed to get the update out before vacation.
14th Dec 2019, 11:58 PM #33
formerly DrFurball
Nothing yet, because while I left for my day job with all my pencils and pens with the intention of working on my comic during break and lunch...I forgot the paper...
15th Dec 2019, 5:51 AM #34
Finished restoryboarding the last 8 pages of Chapter 4. Even got to use the cork board my Fiance got me :) It was a good time.

15th Dec 2019, 6:01 AM #35
Venture Capitalist
dipped my toes into mercenary waters
15th Dec 2019, 6:48 AM #36
yesterday, you said junoro
finished the lineart for the third page of my next chapter! Slowly but surely building up a buffer!
18th Dec 2019, 3:58 PM #37
My finals are done and now I'm so energized to get non-school stuff done! I did so much yesterday I'm shocked I didn't just pass out. I'm really proud cause I've been really down for the last like...month... and it's been hard to get motivated.

-Finished and submitted my last final essay (12 pages ugh)
-Wrote requests for letters of rec for grad school and sent to my professors and boss
-Deep-cleaned the fish tank (a rather major undertaking, it's a 75 gallon and frankly everything needed a good scrub)
-Did two(!) loads of laundry
-Went to Trader Joes and got a bunch of junk food as gifts for relatives (that was fun to pick out)
-Scripted and boarded the next three pages, which is a scene I've been stuck on for like... weeks
-Helped my boyfriend paint some Warhammer models he's giving to his brother next week
-Organized and added to my comic playlist

Today I'm cleaning the bathroom, mailing some stuff, and sketching those comic pages. And maybe sketching some character outfits for the fashion thread :D
18th Dec 2019, 4:02 PM #38
I woke up with a migraine but I'm getting the last of my laundry done before I leave for vacation tomorrow-- I'm mostly packed anyway, it's just the last few things. Since my brain hates too much light and sound I'm knitting with sunglasses on and watching Monster Factory very quietly in the background. I might be able to finish this neckwarmer before I leave!
18th Dec 2019, 7:40 PM #39
I've been painstakingly working on a full pre-story timeline and synopsis for the series I'm rebooting in light of the advice I got from a thread I posted here a few weeks ago. It's not the first time I've done a full plot outline for this series, but it's definitely the first time I'm fully fleshing out a timeline bit by bit.

It's... tiring work for sure ,but it'll be worth it. I've just started the 2nd draft of it - hopefully I can get about 25-30% through it before the end of the day!

Edit: Nowhere near 25% but I managed to really flesh out one of the big villain's backstories, as well as work out a more logical progression in some of the big events that shaped the story setting.
twitter.com/rd_inks
instagram.com/rd_inks
19th Dec 2019, 5:37 AM #40
Finished page 40 and worked on actually organizing upcoming scenes for storyboarding.