Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 91
19th Dec 2019, 10:10 PM #41
My last comic test made me wish for a fill bucket tool that could:

a) Automatically "collapse" particular colors used to signify boundaries for cel shading.
b) Properly handle the gaps in my stupidly messy line art.

…so I got to work coding one.

…three days later, it actually, like, kinda works.

Before fill:

After fill:

Of course, it's quite slow and fixing all the little holes is probably going to be like 90% of the struggle, but for a quick prototype, I'm pretty happy with that :p

Actual progress on any creative projects I could potentially use this on, though: practically nil :(
19th Dec 2019, 10:12 PM #42
I started concept art for my next project!
19th Dec 2019, 10:16 PM #43
i did a page and a half of my comic, some sketches and a drawing
20th Dec 2019, 12:54 AM #44
Finally finished the lineart for the cover and got the spotting block about 70% done. Hoping I'll be able to finish the rest the next few weeks.
20th Dec 2019, 5:57 AM #45
Sweet FA, because my day job ate my time and energy.
20th Dec 2019, 8:19 AM #46
Blimpmaster
I've been ill the past week, so the fact that I got out of bed before 7am and went to work is an accomplishment.
20th Dec 2019, 8:48 AM #47
i managed to do nothing today. yay.
21st Dec 2019, 12:44 AM #48
I… might've fixed the little holes my fill bucket algorithm produced.

Before fix:

After fix:

Now I just have to add creature comforts like "not taking upwards of three minutes for a single fill," and I'll completely revolutionize computer graphics :p
21st Dec 2019, 5:32 AM #49
formerly DrFurball
Finished the inking for the holiday special. Now to scan it. And assemble the pages. And letter them. And resize them...god, I hope I get this done before Christmas.
21st Dec 2019, 2:37 PM #50
Blimpmaster
I've inked 2 pages of my comic so far, and will be inking a few more today, time permitting!
21st Dec 2019, 3:20 PM #51
* I took my dogs on a two-hour walk and then took one high-energy dog on another walk for the better part of an hour.
* I wrote my second Substack newsletter
* Took my bike out to the shop to have a problem looked at; got it fixed while I waited
* Did groceries including pet food for cat with nutritional issues
* Washed dishes, started dinner prep
* Lettered a page, prepared web files, put one version up on Patreon and queued another version up for publication here on CF on Tuesday.
* Got caught up on sleep
22nd Dec 2019, 2:41 AM #52
I storyboarded 1/2 of chapter 5 and pencilled out a handful of panels for chapter 4.
22nd Dec 2019, 5:03 AM #53
Bought Christmas gifts for my wife and treated her to dinner. Oh, and got my Skyrim game working again. Been tinkering with it for two days to get it to play again.
24th Dec 2019, 4:06 AM #54
On earth, I went for a long walk around the lake and made dinner twice

In webcomics, though, I managed to ink some background elements of this scene I'm stuck on. I'm hoping tomorrow before we head to my family for Christmas Eve dinner I can just like ink the wallpaper and wainscoting so I can finally pick colors. My goal was to finish this chapter in 2019 and I'd rather stub my TOE than extend its madness into January

I keep intending to turn off the lamp and give up for the night but then a good song comes on the shuffle Has This Ever Happened To You?
24th Dec 2019, 6:32 AM #55
Final days before Christmas. Work is making me very tired and creatively I feel a bit spent. One more day of meeting deadlines, and on Christmas Day we're hosting, so it's not going to be a webcomics day. However, on the 23rd:
* I managed to go out to buy a power bank on my lunch break, for off-grid camping on NYE and in the new year.
* I kept up the bike commuting habit, which stops me from feeling like total crap. It's been a while since I regularly did that in winter.
30th Dec 2019, 11:40 PM #56
Idk why but I promised myself not to start working officially on chapter 8 pages until 2020 (?), I guess I just wanted to be able to say that's the year I started it, or something. But I got itchy and drew the title card for it anyway. Just need to scan and invert. Might start to thumbnail and panel the first few pages so that when it's time, I can hit the ground running.

I finished editing and uploaded the last pages of chapter 7 last night, which will run in February. It's a relief but doesn't feel like all that much of an achievement since I can't show it to anyone yet. Feh
31st Dec 2019, 2:28 AM #57
^Holy crap, me too! I was trying to take a break, but I haven't gotten to draw since the convention, and I wanted to actually get some stuff done XD

Just got the Act 4 revamp cover done! Ooooo, it's kinda creepy thanks to my partner's suggestions. It doesn't post on my mirrors until New Year's, but I have it posting on my personal site tomorrow :3 (Patrons of course got it today when it was done XD)

Meep! I have a feeling 2020 is going to be okay. I'm cautiously optimistic XD
31st Dec 2019, 2:49 AM #58
BlueDragon:^Holy crap, me too! I was trying to take a break, but I haven't gotten to draw since the convention, and I wanted to actually get some stuff done XD

I went to try thumbnailing only to realize my first scene is just one page long and the second scene needed to be rewritten because of a change I made to the way the information in its arc is revealed X(

Just got the Act 4 revamp cover done! Ooooo, it's kinda creepy thanks to my partner's suggestions. It doesn't post on my mirrors until New Year's, but I have it posting on my personal site tomorrow :3 (Patrons of course got it today when it was done XD)

Meep! I have a feeling 2020 is going to be okay. I'm cautiously optimistic XD

Congrats on the achievement! You should post it in the "redraw a panel" thread :) (once you feel it's ready to share with non-Patrons, of course!!)
31st Dec 2019, 3:00 AM #59
Edited some of my original pages and broke up the first two chapters to be able to post individual strips. I've gotten to a point where I think that my webpage is ready to be viewed. I need to keep working on it, but it's good enough at this point that it's not blinding...I hope.
2nd Jan 2020, 1:51 AM #60
I'm gonna have to work a bit more on my site soon too. Though I have to say I'm kind of happy how it is now, at least design wise- I miss my old pinstripe background but that should be easy enough to add someday if I want. I know most people don't bother to look at the cast pages and stuff but it was fun to have them there if only just for people's reference.

I mostly sketched the first page of my new chapter?? Feels weird and I have a feeling I'm going to be erasing and reworking a lot of it when I next go to work on it. It's a weird page with no panel borders. It really fought me too; wasn't coming along as easily as I hoped it would and it took me way too long to just draw two of the interactions. OH WELL it's underway!!! FEBRUARY 24TH HERE I COME
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 91