Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 91
2nd Jan 2020, 2:10 AM #61
First day of New Year. Had to stay home due to oddball work-related reasons. Not ideal, but no way around it due to work schedule issues.

Started with redoing the script for a chapter long overdue for retconning in the deadspace time at home. Really pleased with the new script so far.
2nd Jan 2020, 8:03 AM #62
Yesterday:
* Comic upload for Patreon and ComicFury.
* Swapped out large shiny Cintiq for older, smaller one that doesn't have a short in it.
* Completed trial run of our camper van, spending NYE in the boonies with no light or heat. Er, turns out the van needs some more work.
2nd Jan 2020, 8:03 AM #63
(Double post, sorry)
2nd Jan 2020, 8:33 AM #64
🎀Official CF Wine Tester🎀
I baked and ate 3 potatoes.

Not done the washing up yet but that might happen too.
6th Jan 2020, 2:43 AM #65
This weekend I did a good bit, now that I think about it!!

I sketched and inked the first page of the next chapter
I thumbnailed the next 13 pages
I set up panels for I think 4 of those pages?
Just today I laid out dialogue and started to do foreground sketches for the second scene of the chapter

I'm feeling sticky about starting to color the page that's inked- Idk why, just wasn't in the proper headspace for it this weekend- and I feel like it's going to be one that I need to just sit down and do all in one sitting, so. But at least I was productive with other stuff.

I've written about this before but I used to have to draw in isolation from everything else except music. Something changed and now I work better if I keep my laptop on and just do like a round of forums checking or a few solitaire games while I'm working. For a while I wouldn't let myself do that and I think that stifled my ability to get things done. I got a surprising amount done today in between posting here and reading other people's comics.
8th Jan 2020, 2:25 AM #66
Returning to work has messed around with me a lot. I'm in a swirl of all day really wanting to work on my comic and just obsessively thinking about my characters, but when I get home and finally have finished dinner and whatever other errands I need to do, I'm too wound up to just chill and like get some stuff done. I also feel like i"ve hit a stall point on both scenes I have underway. :c

Did a little bit of coloring but I made so many erasures on this page during the sketch phase* that there's leftover gray moodge under a lot of the coloring that I"m going to have to edit in post.

*I know the point of sketching is to go lightly so you can erase from under inks and prevent this garb from happening, but sometimes if I'm either tired, too drunk, or just not in the right brain zone I force the pencil in the sketch stage and welp here we are

The other scene is literally just a bunch of talking heads so far. I'll feel better when they're edited and in the update queue but I just can't get there right now.
8th Jan 2020, 3:35 AM #67
I recorded a video for my 30 Days of Making Comics on YouTube
8th Jan 2020, 10:38 AM #68
Yesterday:

* Penciled and part-inked a page
* Penciled another page so it's ready to ink
* Scheduled an unfinished page by uploading a placeholder image, so I won't have to type in the transcript while on the road. I may end up doing that with two more pages.
* Shopped online for pan watercolor sets on the repeated public advice of comics pro Colleen Doran, and ordered a set.

My spouse and I are going on a road trip and will be spending several weeks driving to and around Spain in a camper van. I am taking a bunch of traditional art tools, as part of my year-long attempt to get better at traditional techniques. I am also taking my iPad Pro to draw digital work on, but I won't have access to a scanner. So today, a whole bunch of stuff will get scanned. To save space on the trip, I'm taking a set of 24 watercolors on a palette instead of my collection of markers. It's exciting, and a bit scary, for me to learn to use watercolors properly; I haven't used them since I was in school, and my beard is grey now.
8th Jan 2020, 11:58 AM #69
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Currently working on the next page. I'm doing the sketching at the moment.
10th Jan 2020, 1:45 AM #70
I finished coloring the first page of chapter 8 :) :) :)

It's a compositional clusterfuck and I'm kind of completely okay with that. Scanning it and editing it will be a bit of a pain but, wow, it feels really good to have a buffer until March????
10th Jan 2020, 8:27 AM #71
formerly DrFurball
Wrote a few pages of Chapter 9, finished converting the first two chapters for publication onto Webtoon, and then uploaded the first chapter.
10th Jan 2020, 10:56 AM #72
Yesterday, in between travel prep, I got a page finished and queued up. I also queued up the next, unfinished page with a placeholder image, so I would be able to upload it quickly while on the road, without having to type up the transcript and stuff.
Today is travel day and we'll be on the road for three days. I may or may not do any work, but I'm not counting on it.
10th Jan 2020, 4:11 PM #73
I started working on a character design sheet for my main character. I drew his head at different angles. I want to finish it up by the end of today!
10th Jan 2020, 5:18 PM #74
I finished book 2 of my main webcomic!
11th Jan 2020, 6:25 PM #75
All these years I've scanned every page in halves, because my paper is just like literally 1mm too large to lay flat on the scanner glass. You can get one side in and 99% of the page to lie flat, but have to fold the other edge to get the full face down and not have gray areas or distortion. So to edit every page I have to first combine the two files and make sure they're aligned, and if it's a page that doesn't split into rectangular panels it involves playing with layers and opacity and the rotation tool to get the two parts to line up exactly.

Today I decided instead of trying to get the page to lie flat on the glass, I tried to balance it in the bevel around the glass evenly so that none of it is touching the glass but it's all in one image

It worked and I think the colors are actually more true to life as well ;;

I've saved future me hours of trying to jam files together lol
13th Jan 2020, 12:30 AM #76
jellyfishin:First day of New Year. Had to stay home due to oddball work-related reasons. Not ideal, but no way around it due to work schedule issues.

Started with redoing the script for a chapter long overdue for retconning in the deadspace time at home. Really pleased with the new script so far.

And... I just an artblock. >.< Decided I had to redo the latter half of the script.
13th Jan 2020, 12:53 AM #77
I find a good night's sleep cures art block, writer's block tends to stay with me a bit longer... is it the same for you?
13th Jan 2020, 12:55 AM #78
Taking Names & Spitting Images
I sketched *a single panel* this afternoon. Yay? I've been a little down for the past few weeks, so I feel this is an accomplishment. Gawd XD

It feels like just enough to tip the scales, so from here I feel like I could crank out a few pages before bedtime. Here's to hoping!
13th Jan 2020, 12:56 AM #79
black market meme hookup
today/last night I both worked on the css of my comic site and made a small ad space at the bottom using comicad.net! Someone already took it and i made 2 cents :D :DDDD
for real tho, considering it's the first money i've ever made from my comic it's a big accomplishment!
13th Jan 2020, 2:41 AM #80
mitchellbravo:I find a good night's sleep cures art block, writer's block tends to stay with me a bit longer... is it the same for you?

Eek, whoopsie, I meant writer's block in my previous post. ^^;

Sleep does help sometimes. But I also find that listening to some music for a couple of hours with no thinking helps to resolve most blocks as well. In my case, there was just an event mid-script that could be rewritten slightly so it doesn't have such an awkward ending later on.