Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
21st Jan 2020, 4:47 PM #101
I created a table in a Word document (other word processors are available) to sequentially map out the scenes from my comic, past and future. For each scene I list the characters, the location and what they were/or will be up to. It makes it easier to see which characters I need to feature next to keep the story flowing properly. It's also a lot better than covering the desk with post it notes! Don't know why I didn't do it a long time ago.
21st Jan 2020, 6:25 PM #102
Still on the road. Did a bit of inking on a page, thumbnailed out the next and ruled that page up on its sheet of Bristol board.
Then, I did my first few tests with my new set of pan watercolors, painting a few strokes on an empty spot in my sketchbook and then painting over some old sketches to see if I could match the character colors with their digital counterpart, with mixed success.
I inked a drawing especially so I can color it with the same watercolors tomorrow.

It's dark now, so I'll do a digital session after dinner.
21st Jan 2020, 6:36 PM #103
and the Sorcerer's Stone
Still working on today's -late- update. Currently shading.
22nd Jan 2020, 12:29 AM #104
Working again on my Historical comic Enodia after a 4 year break. It has been a tough road. I started it back on 2006, redone it once and once again, hated it, longed for it, dropped it like 20 times. Last version of the comic is from 2014, and then two long breaks. Time goes by so fastly O.o

Today has been a good day, finally.
22nd Jan 2020, 6:29 AM #105
I felt super productive today, but I'm also up late which is not good :(

Anyways, I did some warm up gesture drawings, drew 5 storyboards for my comic, worked on a character design sheet, and recorded and uploaded a video for my 30 days of making comics challenge.

I feel like I'm on fire but also exhausted haha. Good night everyone!

Merged Doublepost:

Algaire:Working again on my Historical comic Enodia after a 4 year break. It has been a tough road. I started it back on 2006, redone it once and once again, hated it, longed for it, dropped it like 20 times. Last version of the comic is from 2014, and then two long breaks. Time goes by so fastly O.o

Today has been a good day, finally.

you're work is so detailed :) No wonder time seems to fly
22nd Jan 2020, 2:36 PM #106
Barely had any time today, but I was able to begin coloring the characters for the next 5 pages.

I also started to get concerned because my webcomic stats showed a sudden DIP in pages viewed and page visitors. Like, what happened!? How did I get from 20+ visitors and 100+ page views to 8 visitors and 17 page views!? I'm so worried!
22nd Jan 2020, 10:40 PM #107
Consistently or for just one day? Like did you used to typically get the 20/100 and just today got 8/17, or have the smaller counts been coming up for the past few weeks?
22nd Jan 2020, 11:50 PM #108
Got my pieces for the Blind Date exchange done and sent off :D And played Rayman with my husband for 2 hours. lol
23rd Jan 2020, 3:18 AM #109
Today I did:

1. Sketched page 05.
2. Added dialog to page 06.
3. Right now adding dialog to page 07.

So far I have updated on schedule (just two weeks lol), but I'll try to keep my rhythm. My goal is to update two pages per week so I can finish the one shot by May/June.
23rd Jan 2020, 10:44 AM #110
mitchellbravo:Consistently or for just one day? Like did you used to typically get the 20/100 and just today got 8/17, or have the smaller counts been coming up for the past few weeks?

Yeah... It's so absurd. I can't believe that I've been seeing!

26th Jan 2020, 2:10 PM #111
^ Have your stats sprung back up yet?
Consider the possibility that since you just arrived on the boat with many of us late Nov/early Dec reg dates, your initial spike and sustained elevation of readers and pageviews was because your comic was still new to most of the folks here, so there were more pages to load and more people saying "Oh, what is this?" and coming by in the first place.
Now that you've got something of a foothold, readers who already read your archive are likely just reading whatever your most recent update is- which you'll probably start to see small pageview and reader count spikes on update days.

I'm stuck on the scene I'm working on because I have to furnish the apartment of someone who likely isn't spending tons of money on furniture, but also has held onto some from when times were better. I often reach for google to get ideas for furniture designs, and back-date a few years for cost-effective realism (i.e. searching for 1900-1910 style furniture rather than up-to-date 1918 furniture), but everything was still coming up way too fancy- you know, reference pictures of antiques people these days would value and bid on and associate with the time period.

Then I remembered that I have a reprinted copy of a 1915 catalog- I remembered it doesn't just have clothing articles in it, it also has household goods. There are some fancier choices within the catalog but it also contains advertisedly economical items which are simpler and more practical. Perfect for me to crib from.

I need to start using this more often for patterns and flourishes. This is literally why I bought these catalogs and I so scarcely open them.
26th Jan 2020, 2:59 PM #112
I finished the lineart for the next page
27th Jan 2020, 2:28 AM #113
Well, shit. I don't know if it's just external pressures mounting or just my binge mindset but it feels like my 2 months of hyper-productivity have finally tapered off. Trying to sketch backgrounds of the scene I mentioned in my previous post is really feeling like a drag, and I don't even want to work on the scene that follows, nor start setting up the one that follows that.

Gonna give myself a break the next few days from comic related stuff and see if that helps. Finishing this scene would make me good on updates through 3/16, but I don't want to fall back into old habits of rushing through a page just to be done with it and winding up with something I'm not satisfied about. I think with trying to get our house ready and various stressors at my job I just can't get into the right state of mind to tune in right now.
27th Jan 2020, 5:30 PM #114
Yesterday, I finished and uploaded and scheduled a page for Abúi's Travels and experimented with different media for a while: woodless color pencils and watercolors. I have decided I will not do any more production art for the rest of my vacation; I got five updates posted in January across two comics, which is a good run, and there are two traditionally-drawn pages of comics ready to scan when I come home on Friday night, so February looks good, too. It's all gonna be experimentation and practice from now on.

All these weeks, I haven't touched the OP-1 synthesizer, which I brought with me after not touching it for a whole year. I think tonight after dark will be twiddling knobs and making weird noises.
27th Jan 2020, 9:56 PM #115
Just need to finish one big panel and I'm done with page 05 :D
I should do things in segments, like, first sketch, then line, then filling with black, etc.
28th Jan 2020, 9:18 PM #116
What a sucker
I called an entire species of cryptid the f-word
but, like, respectfully
28th Jan 2020, 9:24 PM #117
I drew my next comic page! Up next: scanning, lineart and colours!
28th Jan 2020, 9:29 PM #118
Finished penciling on a chapter and started scripting the first scene of the next one.
28th Jan 2020, 9:38 PM #119
I just finished 15th page from current chapter and started with 16th page. I have a nice amount of buffer pages ready. My life is about to turn hectic next week so I will not have that much time to draw. But so far I have remained on schedule.
29th Jan 2020, 10:54 PM #120
I made 2 new art videos:

I'll also be working on some storyboards after I get some food.
It feels great to be so productive for once