Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
29th Jan 2020, 11:29 PM #121
I haven't managed to get round to doing any pages in a long time, however I did do this drawing of Josh earlier today:

Gourlish (my central art site, linked with my Deviantart and Twitter pages)
30th Jan 2020, 9:05 PM #122
Finished pasting dialogue of page 07 to 10. If I have time, I will finish inking of page 06.
1st Feb 2020, 8:05 AM #123
For whatever reason, I decided to not do thumbnails of the pages, but rather, went straight ahead to making the cover for my next chapter.
1st Feb 2020, 11:35 AM #124
Yesterday was a travel day, flying home from Málaga (bleh). Spouse is traveling on in her van, with the dogs, so I have very few adult responsibilities for a few days.

After I came home, I
* Picked up the cat from his temporary address
* Unpacked
* Rebooted the house, which means I plugged in a bunch of stuff that was unplugged, and looked at things that needed to be done
* Scanned three small watercolors I made on the road (out of six that I made or started).
* Had my first real shower in a week. In van life, sometimes a sponge bath is all you get.

Today so far, I have processed the three small watercolors for posting to DeviantArt. One of them is on the forum in the painting thread. I have done groceries, washed dishes, prepped food, fed and pilled the cat. I have also scanned two comic pages I drew on the road that weren't fully ready to scan last night.
1st Feb 2020, 3:01 PM #125
I drew until my hand was too sore to continue.

I seriously need to stop doing this.
1st Feb 2020, 11:27 PM #126
Man, it's been well over a decade since I did that. My energy/brain/whatever burns out long before my hand does.

When I was in HS I went on a few "drawing benders" that were mostly school projects with a hard deadline, so I was working on them round the clock when not actually in school, eating, or sleeping. I think those were the last times I managed to work that hard that long.

Kind of like running- my heart always gets tired before my legs really feel it.
2nd Feb 2020, 3:22 AM #127
loved birds way before they were the word
I finished relettering the traditional pages of my comic that I‘d completely forgotten about. I’d originally done the lettering completely by hand, but it took ages and it was murder on my wrists. And the end result wasn’t even that easy to read!

I learned how to use the word balloon tool in Clip Studio Paint and I think I’ll be using it to letter the rest of my comic. Today was my first time using CSP; I usually make my pages in Procreate and finish them off in Affinity Photo on my desktop because Procreate’s text tool is practically worthless. CSP is way better for making speech bubbles than any other program I’ve tried. I might play around with the software a bit more to see what it can do.
2nd Feb 2020, 4:34 AM #128
Venture Capitalist
essentially this with a long time reader:

whoops
2nd Feb 2020, 5:28 AM #129
Finished inking and toning of page 06.
Just adding small details, sfx and background and I'm done with this page.
Oooh and yesterday I did the sketch of page 07 with pencils. I can work the sketch faster traditionally than on the PC so I'm doing this from now on.
I'll try to finish both of them by Wednesday and have a double update.
2nd Feb 2020, 5:51 AM #130
I got my page for the week done a day early! I'm hoping to get my taxes done today after uploading it :)
2nd Feb 2020, 6:27 AM #131
Bought some groceries and added a shameless reference to my comic.
2nd Feb 2020, 5:54 PM #132
One page of Cultish Manners uploaded and scheduled for Tuesday. No thanks to Affinity Designer for desktop (Mac) which unlike the iPad version gives me a tonne of grief each time I use it. Would have been easier, when I found a mistake just prior to posting, to go back to the iPad and fix it on there, but it seemed like such a small thing to fix and I was already doing a bunch of other stuff on my desktop.
I may just uninstall the desktop version of Affinity Designer to force myself to use it only on the iPad.

I also did another round of groceries to stock up some more for a month of ultra-frugal vegan eating until Spouse comes back. I want to save up some cash before then so I can chip in to upgrade the van, so, uh, please subscribe to my Patreon.
2nd Feb 2020, 8:35 PM #133
I finished a new page today. :D
I fixed some mistakes and added (grey)color as well the text.
2nd Feb 2020, 10:12 PM #134
jellyfishin:For whatever reason, I decided to not do thumbnails of the pages, but rather, went straight ahead to making the cover for my next chapter.

Felt bad about doing things out of order, so I left the cover in the sketch phase and went to making thumbnails for the pages in the next upcoming chapter. Talk about self-flagellation of comic-making shame.
2nd Feb 2020, 10:20 PM #135
^
jellyfishin:Felt bad about doing things out of order, so I left the cover in the sketch phase and went to making thumbnails for the pages in the next upcoming chapter. Talk about self-flagellation of comic-making shame.

Isn't it weird when you get that guilt for no reason???

I'm lowering myself back into the pool after the hiatus I mentioned last week; still not sure if I'm all the way on again but I feel on enough to make some progress on the pages I have.

Got inspired to do a quick sketch of a character and in trying to flip to an empty sketchbook page, found a sketch of a different character that I did a few weeks ago which, upon seeing it again, I've fallen in love with and really want to share here, but can't because it's kind of inherently spoilery. And by the time it's not spoilery it won't be fun to share anymore. Eh :/
3rd Feb 2020, 4:10 AM #136
rivaling gator
I have been working on behind-the-scenes stuff for a new comic series I'm going to launch in March. This one will be a proper series with story, plot, and recurring characters. I've got the first chapter written, I've fully drawn and colored the cover page, and inked the first two pages and partly colored the first one. I'm hoping to get the whole first chapter done before I start updating, trying not to distract myself too much with site set-up and doing like character sketches (I sorta spent the weekend drawing a creature that I don't even have a story planned for...)

Chapter one cover
13 days ago, 2:35 AM #137
Jessie Blue:I have been working on behind-the-scenes stuff for a new comic series I'm going to launch in March. This one will be a proper series with story, plot, and recurring characters. I've got the first chapter written, I've fully drawn and colored the cover page, and inked the first two pages and partly colored the first one. I'm hoping to get the whole first chapter done before I start updating, trying not to distract myself too much with site set-up and doing like character sketches (I sorta spent the weekend drawing a creature that I don't even have a story planned for...)

Chapter one cover

Wow! Looking good! I can't imagine the time it took you to paint the cover. I hope to be reading your comic soon!

---

Today I sketched page 08 and doing page 09 sketch right now, but I'll leave it there and relax a little. It's been a day of work today and even though I'm not tired, it's not healthy to be in the computer for a long period of time.
If my girl falls asleep soon, I'm going to keep working.
13 days ago, 2:56 AM #138
Inked like 1 panel of a wood floor

Sketched a man in a bath

Inked the narration that accompanies the page w/the man in the bath.

Hoping that this weekend i cn pickc colors to color the first scene (the one incl the wood floor). Starting to run out of my buffer lol it's getting really close
13 days ago, 4:42 AM #139
loved birds way before they were the word
Finished the lineart for my latest page and posted it! I’ll add color later but man it feels good to get that out there now.
13 days ago, 7:49 PM #140
Shopping! Since I've started coloring pen and ink art with watercolors, I've been having some trouble with my inks not being waterproof, and I've come to realize that maybe the large stash of inks I found in a box a few months ago has simply been sitting around too long. Perhaps a chemical component that makes them waterproof has decayed. So I bought some new ink. While I was at it, I also picked up a travel box of Derwent Inktense colored inks in half-pans, because I saw those the other day and thought I'd give them a try. This is just days after picking up a travel set of Winsor & Newton watercolors to keep with me at all time, so I have a lot of neat stuff right now.
This did take up time I would otherwise have used for art, though. Well, tomorrow's Saturday and I'll have all day.
Forum > Webcomic & Art discussion > What did you get done today? -a webcomic thread-
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10